Hiding in plate 03/26/2010 12:04 AM CDT
Hi, first post so be nice please :)

will i ever be able to hide in hp/lp setup?
its forged, im a warmage, about 100 in both hp and lp.

right now i get a message like

you cant hide in all this armor.

does that go away eventually with more ranks?

right now im training stealths with another armor setup (im training all armors)

thanks in advance.
Re: Hiding in plate 03/26/2010 12:27 AM CDT
>>will i ever be able to hide in hp/lp setup?

Short answer? No.

Long answer? No, not technically. However, if you want to train plate and hiding simultaneously, it's easy enough to wear something light on the head (like a chain helm) and plate mail on the rest of the body: simply remove your armor with 0 roundtime, hide, and re-equip it with zero roundtime. Write a simple script to do it

Right now the Moon Mage place on the "combat pet totem pole" is the part that's sunk into the earth to lower the pole's center of gravity.
-Armifer de Dragonrealms
Re: Hiding in plate 03/26/2010 12:50 AM CDT
Yes, you can hide in an all-plate setup. It takes something like 100 ranks of stealths, IIRC. However, you'll always be under such a heavy stealth penalty that you won't be winning any stealth contests against even remotely near-level opponents.

A cleric using CoZ can bump the stealth hindrance back up to a high enough level that you're unable to hide, too.

Tishra says, "We had a tie, get over it."

The hammer lands an overwhelming strike that knocks the larynx clear back to the vertebrae (So much for last words!).
* Tishra is slain before your eyes!
Re: Hiding in plate 03/26/2010 03:38 AM CDT
> It takes something like 100 ranks of stealths, IIRC

It is possible to do with less than 100 ranks in stealths but I'm not sure what's relevant. I'd assume it'd be armor skills and probably where you're wearing light versus heavy plate.
Re: Hiding in plate 03/26/2010 04:19 AM CDT
Discipline is also relevant
Re: Hiding in plate 03/26/2010 12:26 PM CDT
I play a HP/LP wearing cleric and train stealth. I wear it for defensive training, and take it off for offensive training (mainly bows). I have no intention of ever actually trying to hide while wearing HP/LP.

<<DISCLAIMER: THIS POSTER IS NOT A MEMBER OF STAFF AND HIS INFORMATION IS/MIGHT BE WRONG. >>

You flat out, absolutely, 100% have no idea what you're talking about.

Solomon
Re: Hiding in plate 03/26/2010 05:29 PM CDT
Using the hide verb in plate depends on how much plate you're wearing, too. You can use the verb with just a helm or gauntlets on a lot sooner than you can with field plate on.
Re: Hiding in plate 03/27/2010 07:45 AM CDT
you can also hide in half-plate easier than massive. My prime thief trained HP about 150ish ranks or so, and with well over 500 hiding still, still has difficulty.

and can be seen hiding while doing so by those with much less perception.

the world is broken
Re: Hiding in plate 03/28/2010 06:02 AM CDT
So not to confuse alot of folks with this thread, they are meaning armor ranks in plate. I know with well over 340 ranks in hiding, and like 10 ranks in plate, I can't hide in plate. HC no biggie, plate, not a chance. Just for reference.

~Dalkin and his driver Jim~
Re: Hiding in plate 03/28/2010 06:22 AM CDT
With about 250 ranks in heavy plate and around 50 hiding I was unable to hide in full HP with my old Barbarian.

With around the same ranks in HP, a bit over 100 stalking (from newly-released hunt) and 20-some ranks of hiding I discovered quite unexpectedly that I could hide with this Barbarian.

Stealth ranks are important, armor ranks may or may not be.

Tishra says, "We had a tie, get over it."

The hammer lands an overwhelming strike that knocks the larynx clear back to the vertebrae (So much for last words!).
* Tishra is slain before your eyes!
Re: Hiding in plate 05/13/2010 07:21 PM CDT
>>Stealth ranks are important, armor ranks may or may not be.

This for sure, you need to outclass your opponents perception....however the way hiding trains you probably can still train hiding, but I never go full-plate so I don't know.

Vote DR as TOP MUD: http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-cemm.html