HP helm that only protects my head 01/08/2010 11:33 AM CST
Hello Hello, Ive been searching for a hp helm that just covers my head..no eyes or neck..does this exist? Ive searched over half of elanthia and talked to forgers but so far all I get for forged is a LP bascinet helm(which isnt bad at all for lp).. or lesser fest and non forged lp helms...Im using a barb eye mask and field armor and I just dont learn enough lp with a bascinet and lp gaunts. YES I know some barbs prefer half plate but my field armor is sexier to me..HELP!!
There has to be some somewhere??? I would even settle for an eyeless hp helm..By Trothfangs beard these must exist!!

"Light plate is to cloth what cloth is to bone...Death traps" A quote from Veteralis..former bone armor prime barb
Re: HP helm that only protects my head 01/08/2010 11:44 AM CST
Sorry I don't know of anything but is there a reason you don't want eye protection? RP? Not having eye protection will leave you open for some nasty stuns.
Re: HP helm that only protects my head 01/08/2010 11:55 AM CST
I have eye protection, barbarian roar mask..the eye ones...
Re: HP helm that only protects my head 01/08/2010 12:08 PM CST
It sounds to me like you might need to get something forged. I can't think of any heavy-plate armor from a shop that covers only the head.

Ryeka and the brood

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: HP helm that only protects my head 01/08/2010 12:17 PM CST
Not to burst your bubble but, barbarian roar masks are fluff and offer no eye protection. All they do is raise intimidation.
Re: HP helm that only protects my head 01/08/2010 12:43 PM CST
LET ME CLARIFY MYSELF...ALL I WANT TO KNOW IS IF HP HEAD ONLY ARMOR OR HP WITH NO EYE PROTECTION EXIST..I DONT NEED ADVICE ON ANY OTHER ISSUE. LIFE LONG BARB SINCE BEFORE THE GORBESH WAR.I HAVE ONLY EVER TRAINED BARBS.(AS HIGH AS 80ISH+ CIRCLES) IN ALMOST EVERY POSSIBLE COMBINATION OF ARMORS/SKILLS/WEAPONS/RACES..SO I BEEN AROUND THE BLOCK...IM JUST AN OLD MAN WHO LIKES HIS "SAMATAK" AND DUTCHES SO MY MEMORY ISNT THE BEST. SO DOES HP HEAD ONLY ARMOR EXIST? I HAVE BEEN AWAY FROM THE GAME FOR A BIT AND CANT REMEMBER IF IT DOES OR NOT..THANK YOU. PS. I CALLED IT A MASK BECAUSE MOST EYE ONLY PROTECTION ARE CALLED MASKS. AND YES I KNOW THAT THERE ARE MASK THAT PROTECT HEAD,NECK ETC. NO ONE IS BUSTING ANY BUBBLES AND THE TECHNICAL NAME FOR WHAT i HAVE IS A FACEPLATE..I THOUGHT THAT WITH THE PROPER AMOUNT OF COMMON SENSE PEOPLE WOULD UNDERSTAND.NOT TRYING TO INSULT ANYONE. IM JUST SAYING....

app my face careful
The iron faceplate is heavy plate.

The faceplate looks like it offers protection for the following areas:

right eye
left eye

You feel certain that a carved iron faceplate of a howling beast appears to impose fair maneuvering hindrance and insignificant stealth hindrance, offering:
good protection and good damage absorption for puncture attacks.
good protection and good damage absorption for slice attacks.
fair protection and good damage absorption for impact attacks.
good protection and good damage absorption for fire attacks.
moderate protection and good damage absorption for cold attacks.
poor protection and good damage absorption for electrical attacks.

If you were only wearing a carved iron faceplate of a howling beast your maneuvering would be minimally hindered and your stealth would be minimally hindered.
But considering all the armor and shields you are wearing or carrying, you are currently moderately hindered and your stealth is extremely hindered.

You are certain that the iron faceplate is well constructed, and is in pristine condition.

The iron faceplate is made with metal.
The iron faceplate feels light.
You wonder if the iron faceplate could be worth about tens of thousands of dokoras.
Roundtime: 16 seconds.
Re: HP helm that only protects my head 01/08/2010 01:33 PM CST
THERE IS NO HP HELM ARMOR THAT I HAVE FOUND THAT DOESN'T COVER THE EYES. THAT IS ALL
Re: HP helm that only protects my head 01/08/2010 01:48 PM CST
>>THERE IS NO HP HELM ARMOR THAT I HAVE FOUND THAT DOESN'T COVER THE EYES. THAT IS ALL

This. Nothing forged nor store/fest bought that I am aware of.

-Guardian Lord Alaxndr Durnovaria, Advocate of Therengia

"A knight is sworn to valor
His heart knows only virtue
His blade defends the helpless
His words speak only truth
His wrath undoes the wicked."
Re: HP helm that only protects my head 01/08/2010 04:03 PM CST
Paladin shop sells bascinet helms, that only protect head/neck, but they are LP -- no idea if there is an HP version. The Paladin shop armor is crap, and costs a fortune to repair.

Let Lyras win.
Re: HP helm that only protects my head 01/08/2010 04:57 PM CST
Wow. Nice rant GordonB14. After that, I'm surprised anybody chimed in at all.

<<DISCLAIMER: THIS POSTER IS NOT A MEMBER OF STAFF AND HIS INFORMATION IS/MIGHT BE WRONG. >>

You flat out, absolutely, 100% have no idea what you're talking about.

Solomon
Re: HP helm that only protects my head 01/08/2010 05:30 PM CST
Sounds like he has been around the block. He can figure it out.

Madigan

"le rage du paladine" Korsik
Re: HP helm that only protects my head 01/08/2010 06:25 PM CST
The only "head-only" helm that exists, is a forged chain helm. It sucks.

NEXT TIME, GO AROUND THE BLOCK THE OPPOSITE DIRECTION. OBVIOUSLY, YOUR DIRECTION AND COMMON SENSE FAILS. THAT IS ALL.

-Master Ndin, forgin warmie.
Re: HP helm that only protects my head 01/08/2010 06:31 PM CST
<<The only "head-only" helm that exists, is a forged chain helm. It sucks.

There is a LP head only headgear available. It's a dwarven mining cap.

http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/Armor:Dwarven_mining_cap

The HP version of it is head and eyes. Not sure if it's what you're looking for, but it's the only other one I know about.

You wave your hand through the mist of the fountain and rub the wetness between your fingertips.
Rivalin says, "Yep, it's water."
Re: HP helm that only protects my head 01/08/2010 07:39 PM CST
yes a very nice rant, although totally silly. If you meant faceplate, say faceplate. We are not mindreaders. Second, if you had been around said block enough times, then you would A) know there are no head only HP helms or B) would know where to find said information. If you are going to rant, at least know what you are talking about, and if asking for advice, accept said advice without an attempt at belittling those trying to help.
Re: HP helm that only protects my head 01/09/2010 11:24 AM CST
Well, i understood him just fine. And people were kinda sounding like they were talking down to the guy. A simple answer of no..I dont know of any armor like that would have worked.I know the guy..he HAS been around dr for ever. Just leave him be.
Re: HP helm that only protects my head 01/09/2010 12:37 PM CST
Greetings again

Let me first say this to the 2 people who first answered. I am sorry for my post.
After looking back over it I saw how mean it sounded so you both have my appology.
If you accept it or not I dont care. But i give it all the same and I mean it. Seriously I do. I am truly sorry..It was a rough day.

Now thank you for the people who read my post and gave helpful real answers.
I have to make a few points though..

1) I didnt ask about eye protection at all so why did people even care about my eye protection...?
2) If i had said "Hey does anyone know where i can find armor that protects back/chest/abdomen?"
I wouldnt expect someone to say what about your legs? your arms will be lopped off!!"...
Common sense says if I didnt ask about that then I didnt need that...
3) Someone said I should know where to find said information....I understand that there are many
places to look for the info i needed. But I could have sworn I posted in the plate armor folder...
I was asking about plate armor...
4) Yes, ive been around DR for a long long time but name one person who knows the names/worn locations/stats
And where to find EVERY item in game without a reference? DR is huge I probably know some things that you dont
and you probably know some things that I dont. But who knows it ALL by memory? After being gone from the game for
years? Thats hard to do.
5) It does not matter which way you go around the block..Its still the same block...

~FIN~

Re: HP helm that only protects my head 01/09/2010 09:47 PM CST
Sounds like you need a nap.