Cleric armor question 02/01/2009 12:10 AM CST
Ok, so I'm comming back from a rather lengthy abscence. I'm worried about making my cleric more combat effective then I have had him in the past.

Some background on my playstyle with him:

- Don't use stealth, at all (RP Choice)
- Avid fan of shields
- Primary weapons currently are HE/HT I will be adding MB/LX too
- Going to be backtraining with my wifes character, which is why I'm asking this question.
- Currently wear a mix of LC/HC, have some plate skill about half the ranks of my chain skills
- Circle 40
- TDP placement is fairly balanced, with mentals slightly higher then physicals
- Defenses from highest to lowest are Shield, Parry, Evasion

If you're looking at a min/max stand point, would a cleric in chain armor + tower shield perform better then a cleric in plate armor + tower shield givin that both skills achieved a level where they would have the minimum possible hinderance for a cleric? Non-forged armor, I play on the Plat side of things, and my Paladin overthere, cannot make capped plate armor, yet.

~Player of Koryn (Platinum)
Re: Cleric armor question 02/01/2009 09:23 AM CST
A chain-wearing cleric would be less hindered than a plate one. But if you want to experiment, try using plate gauntlets and a helm. As a prime cleric, I've actually trained both plates up pretty decently like that in addition to LC.

Ryeka

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Cleric armor question 02/01/2009 02:06 PM CST
>>As a prime cleric, I've actually trained both plates up pretty decently like that in addition to LC.
Still have my cleric training all 4 metal armors. May in the end be pointless, but for now it's more tdps and gives options down the road if needed.