HP/LP 10/18/2005 03:52 PM CDT
Alright i just have a few questions about trainin the both of these. right now i sit at about 220 hp and 180lp and i want to start learning them at the same speeed. Usually i can lock hp pretty quickly if i'm fighting something that trains either of them, while the lp will be around muddled or so at best. If i stand around with a few little pecs on me it will eventually lock but i want to know what others use to keep them at about the same learning pace. Right now i use lp helm, greaves, and gaunts and hp halfplate. If theres a certain combination that works really well i would lvoe to know.
Also i'm not a big fan of the lp helm because i seem to get smacked there alot and while i do have AS up alot i do occasionally go out without it and that seems to be where i get myself into trouble. So i was just wondering is there a better set up for training hp/lp which might not involve lp helms. Also what is the best non-rare metal type lp helms around?

-Perrick
Re: HP/LP 10/18/2005 04:07 PM CDT
LP breastplate, HP gauntlets/helmet. LP or HP greaves and go with the other for the arms. That way your 'main' hinderance is LP, but you get hand/head HP protection. Arms and legs tend to take less of a beating, or not equate so directly to stun and death.

Fine. I'm wrong.
Highest HP/LP ranks? 12/02/2007 05:01 PM CST
Just wanted to get a ballpark, what is the highest HP/LP ranks I need to shoot for?

Thanks
Re: Highest HP/LP ranks? 12/02/2007 05:31 PM CST
>Just wanted to get a ballpark, what is the highest HP/LP ranks I need to shoot for?

To say you have more than everyone else? Because as far as I know there's no cap to the protection benefit ranks provide.
Re: Highest HP/LP ranks? 12/02/2007 05:54 PM CST
Yep, thats all I am doing at this point, just to say I have more than anybody else. As you mention, no real benefit. Though, maybe forging 2 will have some.

Thanks
Re: Highest HP/LP ranks? 12/02/2007 09:43 PM CST
>As you mention, no real benefit.

No, I'm saying there is a small benefit in the form of increased protection from skill, although admittedly you're way past the skills needed for forging.
Re: Highest HP/LP ranks? 12/05/2007 10:36 PM CST
Interesting, I think I just found what I was shooting for.

Light Plate: 719 84% mind lock Heavy Plate: 836 11% mind lock

Actually this is pretty close to what I have in TF. Now I know what I need to maintain. :)

Thanks

PS. Sorry for posting actual numbers, but I figure once its posted on a different public forum its fair game.
Re: Highest HP/LP ranks? 12/06/2007 08:15 PM CST
> Light Plate: 724 84% mind lock Heavy Plate: 840 36% mind lock

I haven't stopped training yet.

-Tropicalo
Re: Highest HP/LP ranks? 12/06/2007 11:21 PM CST
Nice, thanks for the update, it looks like im only about 10 ahead in lp.

Re: Highest HP/LP ranks? 12/07/2007 07:55 AM CST
>Nice, thanks for the update, it looks like im only about 10 ahead in lp.

...and you're armor primary, not tertiary.

________
Re: Life mana Spell preps

You raise your hands in the air. You wave them like you just don't care. Somebody says, "Hey!" Somebody says, "Ho!" Somebody screams.
Re: Highest HP/LP ranks? 12/07/2007 01:26 PM CST
>...and you're armor primary, not tertiary.

...and he plays TF, not prime. But still, Tropicalo is not human.
HP/LP 07/30/2010 04:25 PM CDT
I'm training heavy plate and light plate on my warrior mage. I figure with a good forged set and YS, I should be able to keep the hinderance down fairly well.

The problem currently is my training. I use half plate chest piece (HP), LP greaves, LP gauntlets, and a LP Bascinet at the moment.

They are both training fine, except LP is starting to lag behind HP, because it's not reaching as high mindstates as the HP is.

Is there a way I can balance this out better by getting more hindering LP pieces, or do I simply have to break down my set up futher and use aventails, vambraces, and tassets?
Re: HP/LP 07/31/2010 09:57 AM CDT
Firstly, experience from wearing multiple armors is no longer affected by hindrance, but simply by the area of the body covered. Wearing more hindering LP will achieve nothing.

Secondly, in a few months, the HP and LP skills will be combining into single Plate Armor skill, so all this bother will become moot.

Thirdly, check that any of your LP pieces aren't actually Neutral Plate. If your HP skill got higher than your LP skill, any Neutral Plate pieces will count as HP, which will screw up your armor setup. Otherwise, it is normal for a chest/abdomen/back/arms piece of armor to get slightly more experience than all the rest of the armor put together. Just swap in some LP from time to time to balance it out if it bothers you, or see the above.

Lastly, LP is horrible armor. Absolutely horrible! If you have to train a second armor, it would probably make more sense to train LC. When the armor skill combination occurs, at least you will have two armor skills rather than one. I recommend that you change all your LP pieces for LC pieces.
Re: HP/LP 07/31/2010 10:53 PM CDT
<I recommend that you change all your LP pieces for LC pieces.

I'd reccomend this as well. LC balaclava and hp gloves, full body HP Field plate is my hunting setup. My HP locks well before my LC, but I just go into shield stance and dance with a critter for a while and it eventally moves LC into high mind states with just the helm. Swapping the gloves to LC would help it move faster but I haven't noticed it hurting any as it generally gets to atleast 30+ before I'm done hunting anyway

I used to use LP as my helm with hp hands and body and my LP is at 151 with my HP at 204. So even just using a helm of a different armor will allow it to move reasonably well.

~Tieriana~
Re: HP/LP 08/01/2010 11:19 AM CDT
I just wear half plate, HP helm and gauntlets, and swap out greaves for every other armor type....up until 2 weeks ago was only training HP and my LP is over 190 ranks, and HC and LC over 130, I keep letting cloth, bone and leather go cause the protection sucks horribly lol. But I'm armor prime, so it prolly won't grow as quick as mine did, but usually only takes 30 to 40 minutes to lock all 4 of the metal armros in a swarmy critter like deer.