Hinderance 12/18/2003 02:12 AM CST
At what ranks will my hinderance start to go down on heavy and light plate? I'm a barbarian so I didn't think I can train it all the way off, but I was considering chain since the hinderance is totally killing me. How many ranks of chain do you need to work off or start lowering hinderance? Thanks

-Turendal
Re: Hinderance 12/18/2003 09:38 AM CST
100-120ish ranks for mostly all possibly hinderance gone from chain, and 150ish for plate accessories to drop off well, closer to 200 for full plate.

You have 7263 total ranks.
You have gained 3306 total TDPs from ranks.
You have 1327 total armor ranks.
You have 3725 total weapon ranks.
You have 1822 total survival ranks.
You have 389 total lore ranks.
You have 0 total magic ranks.
Light Plate and Hinderance Questions 02/12/2004 03:26 AM CST
First of all, does anyone have the appraisals on the light plate stuff from BantHeld's Ironworks in Haven? The steel breastplate in particular.

Second, what is the lowest amount of hinderance a Ranger can train plate off to?

-Rampart, Gnome in Plate
Re: Light Plate and Hinderance Questions 02/12/2004 11:49 AM CST
http://www.heromachine.com/drealms/

Arcelebor

Combat Combos http://www.angelfire.com/dragon/steelflash/drealms/weapons.html
Combat Quick-Reference http://dr.theflightline.net/combat.htm
Re: Light Plate and Hinderance Questions 02/12/2004 12:27 PM CST
Thats Indigoes guide that I had been using, I didn't see that shop on there. I was just in Haven but I can't get app my self yet so I was wondering if anyone else knew about that armor?

-Rampart, Gnome in Plate
Hinderance 08/09/2004 02:49 PM CDT
Hey gang, i was just wondering what is the most hinderance i can work off on my armor HC Chest piece with HP helm,gaunts,greaves. Also i am a barb. i am currently Somewhat hindered.... i dont think i forgot any thing else....

thanks for any help
triton

Klatu...verata.....ni....Necktie... Nickel... It's an "N" word, it's definitely an "N" word!
Re: Hinderance 08/09/2004 05:57 PM CDT
With the multi armor hinderance, I wouldn't expect too much lower then that, maybe light hinderance overall

Samsaren Remlane
I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man, target practice on the other hand, is another matter entirely.
Re: Hinderance 08/09/2004 06:24 PM CDT
You might be able to get hindrance down to fairly hindered at best but the plate hindrance will kill your dances. I would get a full body HC armor and chain hand and head protection.

"I thoroughly disapprove of duels. I consider them unwise and I know they are dangerous. Also, sinful. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet retired spot and kill him." Mark Twain
Re: Hinderance 08/09/2004 06:31 PM CDT
>>You might be able to get hindrance down to fairly hindered at best but the plate hindrance will kill your dances. I would get a full body HC armor and chain hand and head protection.

Yah man. And don't forget the SHIELD!

~Kodiac
Shield: It does a body good.
Re: Hinderance 08/09/2004 06:55 PM CDT
Where would we all be without Kodiac and his shield pimping.

Im wearing forged plate and forged HC that Drachus gave me a while back. Surpisingly enough i haven't died and lost it yet :\ ... Its is allot better than what i was wearing before.

And i got it down to fairly just after i posted. Im hoping for one more to lightly. Then im all set(Happy with it).

Thanks a bunch

-Gred

Klatu...verata.....ni....Necktie... Nickel... It's an "N" word, it's definitely an "N" word!
Re: Hinderance 08/09/2004 07:11 PM CDT
>>Where would we all be without Kodiac and his shield pimping.

We all have our place in this world. Mine is behind my shield. ;)

~Kodiac
Re: Hinderance 08/11/2004 12:39 AM CDT
<<Where would we all be without Kodiac and his shield pimping.

Walking the Starry Road???

Artillery Pounder of Peasants
Re: Hinderance 08/11/2004 03:22 AM CDT
so when skill based titles come out does Kodiac get the Shield Pimp title?

Shield Pimp Kodiac just arrived.
Shield Pimp Kodiac smacks a novice upside the head for not properly using shields.
Shield Pimp Kodiac just went west.

In the end all things return to Chaos
Re: Hinderance 08/11/2004 11:45 AM CDT
I'd give him my vote.. only exception would be that he would have to fit the word shield into every sentence...

That actually, that might be too easy for him .. hrm...

:P

-Gred

Re: Hinderance 08/11/2004 05:04 PM CDT
>I'd give him my vote.. only exception would be that he would have to fit the word shield into every sentence...

As a proponent of shields, I would love to accept that challenge. Of course, since shields are so reliable, it wouldn't be very hard for me to do. However, I'd be willing to be my best shield against yours that I could do so.

Oh, and I like the Shield Pimp title. :)

~Kodiac
Re: Hinderance 08/11/2004 05:08 PM CDT
>>However, I'd be willing to be my best shield

cough I meant bet my best shield

~Kodiac
Re: Hinderance 08/11/2004 08:00 PM CDT
>cough I meant bet my best shield

Is there a difference there?

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=schlep
Re: Hinderance 08/11/2004 10:02 PM CDT
He said be instead of bet the first time.

Player of Raydell, among many others.

Re: Hinderance 08/11/2004 10:09 PM CDT
My fault, I was trying to be witty by implying there no difference between his best shield, and him being his best shield.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=schlep
Re: Hinderance 08/11/2004 10:40 PM CDT
Witty is impossible in text, man! Unless you put ;) or :P Read up on it sometime.

Player of Raydell, among many others.

Plate and Hinderance 04/24/2009 07:51 PM CDT
I was looking at the plate armor on the LTB table since forged plate is not available in Plat and noticed that it appraises the same as my massive plate armor from Dirge, but I would be fairly hindered rather than moderately hindered at my current ranks. From what I understand this would eventually mean that I can reach an overall lower hinderance with the LTB armor, but I'm not quite certain how this would effect my defense.

Speaking with some people and from reading the posts before this it is my belief that hinderance provides a penalty based on a percentage of your evasion ranks. Does hinderance have any effect on your other defenses or anything else in combat?

I would think if it works like this that means that more of the incoming attacks are being contested mainly against my parry and my shield since my evasion ranks are probably heavily penalized at moderate hinderance. Which means that more of the attacks are coming down to being contested against my armor. If I had lower hinderance, how would this effect my defense overall?

Is the evasion contest binary or can it lower the amount of the attack being contested against my other defenses?

~The player of Khorgar, Dwarven Barbarian~

IM: KhorgarDR

Best Barbarian site ever: http://www.phiiskeep.homestead.com/Barbarian.html
Re: Plate and Hinderance 04/24/2009 11:00 PM CDT
All defenses have some capacity to reduce incoming attack damage, but because of the way combat is coded evasion grossly outperforms the other two in this respect. The better your evasion, the more successful your overall defenses will be. You'll also take lighter hits, since you have less damage coming in, which is a major plus even with plate.

As a Barbarian, you're gonna wanna get the lowest possible hindrance you can get because you're not gonna be working it down to almost nothing like a Paladin can. Vash is pretty comfortable at fairly hindered, but his evasion lags behind his other defenses by a considerable degree.

You won't notice it at low levels because the plate (and berserk stone) will generally absorb anything that gets thrown at you, but it starts to hurt a little as you get to gryphons and the like.

Keep in mind that all this is subject to change with the combat updates - from what I've read it seems that non-paladin folks like us with lots of heavy armor will be a little less ridiculous and a little more dangerous once things get finished.

Me: ol
Me: ol*
Me: ...
Me: LO FREAKING L
Me: There, that's better.

Gene Police! You, outta the pool!