Weapon straps and polearms 08/20/2013 02:51 PM CDT
Anyone know at what length a polearm is wearable with a weapon strap? Or is the weapon strap check tied to template vs actual measurable length? I didn't have any luck checking polearms or straps on epedia unfortunately.
Re: Weapon straps and polearms 08/20/2013 05:06 PM CDT
It never even occured to me that it might be a length issue. Now I feel dumb.

What pole(s) are you looking at, I'm sure people can tell you if they're strappable?

I'm a badger, I be badgerin'
Re: Weapon straps and polearms 08/20/2013 09:56 PM CDT
>What pole(s) are you looking at, I'm sure people can tell you if they're strappable?

In this case it's a long copperwood allarh with polished gold langets from the http://elanthipedia.org/w/index.php/Magma_Falls_Mini-Festival_Raffle

It's 13x1x1 45 stones. It's a one hander but it got me wondering if anyone had catalogued a minimum length or set templates for weapon straps that I could add to both the polearm and weapon strap pages on epedia. This one can't be strapped btw.

I don't have geni for the subs but here's the appraisal to satisfy anyone's curiosity in old obsolete weapons.

A long copperwood allarh with polished gold langets is a heavy thrown and pike melee-ranged weapon.
A long copperwood allarh with polished gold langets trains the heavy thrown and polearm skills.

You are certain that it could do:
moderate puncture damage
dismal slice damage
low impact damage
no fire damage
no cold damage
no electric damage

The copperwood allarh is dismally designed for improving the force of your attacks.

You are certain that the allarh is decently balanced and is fairly suited to gaining extra attack power from your strength.

You are certain that the copperwood allarh is appreciably susceptible to damage, and is in pristine condition.

The copperwood allarh is made with metal.
You are certain that the copperwood allarh weighs exactly 45 stones.
You are certain that the copperwood allarh is worth exactly 12500 Kronars.
Re: Weapon straps and polearms 08/24/2013 02:09 PM CDT
Anything from the Javelin template is too short to use. A good way to test this is to try using it one-handed or sticking it in a crossing backpack. If it fits, or if you can attack with another object in your off hand, then it's a javelin and cannot use a strap. This also includes carved javelins.

Carved spears, forged spears, and forged pikes can use weapon straps. I think the minimum length is 17 spans, but don't quote me on that. Annoyingly enough, that is also the smallest length that won't fit in a crafted backpack using 'fine' material...

The moral of this story is, if it fits in a backpack (like a javelin, short spear, hunthsleg, or allarah - I believe there are others too), no strap for you. If it doesn't, you can use a strap... probably because you NEED a strap unless you can get a baldric or something.

--Wryhk

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." ~Dwight D. Eisenhower
Re: Weapon straps and polearms 03/11/2014 04:31 PM CDT

Sorry to res this thread, but does anyone know if a baldric has a higher weight limit than an old claymore sheath? I have a super heavy greatsword and a really heavy pike I lug around, and my claymore sheath won't hold both due to weight... Wearing the lance currently, would be nice to find something that'd hold both. Needs to hold a minimum of 247 stones.
Re: Weapon straps and polearms 03/11/2014 04:42 PM CDT
Yes, baldric does hold more. The cap on an old claymore sheath is 135 (based on the one that I have). Baldrics and the bronze scabbard I'm wearing now are upwards of 250, but they aren't as long. I'm disappointed my baldric won't hold my capstan bar even though it's measured at 19 long and the bar is also measured at 19 long...

Mmmmm...pie

Don't forget to vote:

http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: Weapon straps and polearms 03/11/2014 04:56 PM CDT

will any baldric do? Or is there one in particular that holds a lot? And what about those old worked leather staff harnesses?
Re: Weapon straps and polearms 03/11/2014 06:35 PM CDT
>>will any baldric do? Or is there one in particular that holds a lot?

Every baldric I have measured has been the same. This includes:

a rough burlap baldric [HE fest]
a belted kidskin baldric tooled with sinuous maiden's tress vines [Forfedhdar]
a supple leather baldric with bronze fittings [HE fest]

Measurements are: 19x2x2, holds 250, weighs 30, shoulder-worn.

The only difference I've found is that the supple leather one also has Trader appraisal (I think).

-- Player of Eyuve
Re: Weapon straps and polearms 03/11/2014 06:44 PM CDT
The baldric from shard's last festival also has those stats.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Weapon straps and polearms 03/11/2014 07:03 PM CDT
>I'm disappointed my baldric won't hold my capstan bar even though it's measured at 19 long and the bar is also measured at 19 long...

We've been told that the "span" are not the smallest unit the game actually measures, just the smallest we can see. So the bar might be 19.8 and the baldric might be 19.3 and they would both shows as being 19 spans to us players, but still not fit.

Weapons for Sale:
http://www.elanthipedia.org/wiki/User:Caraamon#Wares
Hunta Talna Kortok, built by Gor'Togs, for Gor'Togs
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/home.html
Re: Weapon straps and polearms 03/11/2014 07:12 PM CDT
Shoot me an email to my play.net address if you want to test the baldric to see if it holds what you need it to hold before you go running down to Forfedhdar(it's in the Ranger shop so you'll need a Ranger who can get into it) or spending coins on a festival baldric. I'm around the Crossing and have one of the rough burlap baldrics from the HE fest and can see if your stuff fits. I'm online now and will be for a couple hours.
Re: Weapon straps and polearms 03/12/2014 07:10 PM CDT

It may be more than you want to spend, but quest baldric has been great weapon holder for my capstan bar as well as other large weapons.

You tap a shimmering faeweave baldric with cambrinth buckles that you are wearing.
>
In the faeweave baldric you see a capstan bar, a gloomwood khuj, a massive Dwarven greataxe, a light throwing axe and an elder hirdu bow.
>

Jalika
Re: Weapon straps and polearms 03/12/2014 08:39 PM CDT

Oooh. Would anyone with one of those faeweave baldrics be willing to let me borrow it for a sec? Can AIM me at SA295 thanks! I'm usually around Lang/Theren, sometimes Crossings.
Re: Weapon straps and polearms 03/13/2014 01:31 AM CDT
>In the faeweave baldric you see a capstan bar, a gloomwood khuj, a massive Dwarven greataxe, a light throwing axe and an elder hirdu bow.

Are you able to strap five weapons to it as well or are these the five weapons strapped to it? I was thinking about getting one but on elanthipedia it's size is listed as: 10 length x 2 width x 1 height x 100 weight

Would you mind providing a measurement if you get a chance? Thanks!!

Mmmmm...pie

Don't forget to vote:

http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: Weapon straps and polearms 03/13/2014 04:13 AM CDT
>Are you able to strap five weapons to it as well or are these the five weapons strapped to it?

Holds any 5 weapons. At least, I have yet to run into a weapon it won't hold.

Weapons for Sale:
http://www.elanthipedia.org/wiki/User:Caraamon#Wares
Hunta Talna Kortok, built by Gor'Togs, for Gor'Togs
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/home.html