Pike combo 11/30/2009 05:25 PM CST
My character, of course, is pike primary, halberd secondary.

Recommended Combos:

For standard, puncture pikes:
Jab -> Thrust -> Lunge -> Repeat

This goes to incredible, is pure puncture, and has the two most powerful pike attacks there are consecutively. I contend that it is the best combo. If you have the stamina, and you run into a resistant critter, remember that the damage caused by slam is pure impact and based on the weight of the weapon. Consider for a moment that pikes are generally very heavy weapons. Add the slam after lunge.

For Ngalios and Pike-based Khujs, or any other slash pike:
Jab -> Sweep -> Slam -> Repeat

This combo makes use of all 3 damage classes and gets a fair number of sweeps and slams in per unit time, the powerful slice and impact maneuvers available with the weapon. The jab is more for balance, but even the worst puncturing pike I've ever seen has fair puncture (with the exception of the ones I forged with about 50 FF. Its hard to forget my p/p/l javelins).

For Slashing Halberds:
Draw -> Sweep -> Slice -> Chop -> Repeat

Think slicer edged weapons, but swap the sweep and slice. Goes to incredible, yadieyada. All decently powerful moves making use of the halberd's impact and slice.

For Stabbing Halberds:
Thrust -> Lunge -> Jab -> Slam

As always, combo goes to incredible and makes use of the halberd's stabbing potential. Also has a solid impact based maneuver, slam, which delivers a nice shot as halberds tend to be heavy.