How is this pike? 06/11/2007 08:05 AM CDT
I got this from the recent invasion.

Naissura squints at the balance beam needle and says, "The pike weighs about ninety stones," and puts the pike on the counter.

A gruesome black steel pike is a pike pole-ranged weapon.

You are certain that it could do:
great puncture damage
low slice damage
low impact damage

You are certain that the pike is fairly balanced and is fairly suited to gaining extra attack power from your strength.

You are certain that the black steel pike is somewhat flimsy, and is in pristine condition.

The black steel pike is made with metal.
You are confident that the black steel pike weighs about 90 stones.
You are certain that the black steel pike is worth exactly 312 kronars.
Roundtime: 16 seconds.
Re: How is this pike? 06/11/2007 08:44 AM CDT
90 stones. thats crazy. Too bad its not HT would be nice to throw that around with the great punct.

~
A scavenger troll strolls in, fixing you with a steady glare, " Alexii, seems we have more than enough of these swamp troll pikes. How about something useful next time?"
Re: How is this pike? 06/11/2007 10:11 AM CDT
The somewhat flimsy part is what sticks out at me. I would avoid it because of that.

Drevid

Venic smiles as he sticks his copper bead in one nostril, covers the other one, and exhales forcefully, shooting the bead directly at Drevid!
Re: How is this pike? 06/11/2007 11:28 AM CDT
Yeah pickes suck for that. You would think at that weight it would be at least sturdy. This is somthing that has always irked me about pikes.

~
A scavenger troll strolls in, fixing you with a steady glare, " Alexii, seems we have more than enough of these swamp troll pikes. How about something useful next time?"
Re: How is this pike? 06/11/2007 07:46 PM CDT
because it's a long pole with a point on one end.

by the discription and weight its probably about the size of an actual balance beam(pre presurriezed lumber) with a circumfrance of 18 inches.

If you could get your hands around it you could probably throw it, but it'd be funny looking and isn't very aero dynamic.
Re: How is this pike? 06/11/2007 10:08 PM CDT
if that's the case i'd say it would appraise at fairly sturdy or well constructed.
Re: How is this pike? 06/11/2007 11:33 PM CDT
I think its basicly the old model of the crossing pike with a cool look. I believe back when the Pike changes came into affect the crossing pike was mad a bit sturdier and a lot lighter. I could be wrong but it might be worth looking into

Thanks,
Kleis

Renala whispers, "you must no longer be the same Kleis i met through shavay some time ago in crossin. sad really "
>
You laugh at Renala!
Re: How is this pike? 06/12/2007 11:24 AM CDT
"because it's a long pole with a point on one end."

Yes but there is no change between wood types. In this fantasy game one would beleive ironwood to be stronger than oak, right?

~
Re: How is this pike? 06/13/2007 12:57 AM CDT
Yes, that pike is the same as the one sold at Milgrym's in the Crossing, except the Crossing one is ten stones lighter at 80 stones. These are the best-appraising pike weapons (at least among those commonly available), and are really quite effective, if you can handle the weight. My paladin uses one, but his strength is such that any pike he wields gives him a 6 second RT (and also, since it takes him that long to attack with it, he doesn't get tired).

Player of Lorgan
Re: How is this pike? 06/13/2007 07:44 AM CDT
all weapon RT's where capped at 6 wernt they?
Re: How is this pike? 06/13/2007 08:35 AM CDT
>all weapon RT's where capped at 6 wernt they?

Yes.