Combo 04/12/2004 03:54 PM CDT
I'm looking for a pike combo.
Re: Combo 04/12/2004 06:16 PM CDT
If you have a difficult time connecting and getting balanced use: dodge jab sweep thrust feint lunge then back to jab

If you seem to be able to gain balance easily use: parry jab thrust lunge then back to jab

Be forewarned 'lunge' kills your defenses so only use if you have a shield, high evasion, or retreat to pole.

--Just a "clueless" Squire
Re: Combo 05/25/2004 11:15 PM CDT
as far as a combo goes i had the best luck with a dodge feint lunge jab. i had no problom with balance issues. i also am a commoner and have 12 strength and agility. (not good) i hadn't found a one handed, and am very dissapointed that my short spear can't be used one handed. I read javalin here in this board and i'm now excited.
Re: Pike Combos 05/01/2008 10:15 PM CDT
<<For all jabbing maneuvers, impact damage is not calculated whatsoever.>>

I guess it makes some sense but how do you know this? GM?

Vote DR as TOP MUD: http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-cemm.html
Re: Pike Combos 05/02/2008 12:55 PM CDT
>I guess it makes some sense but how do you know this? GM?

Use any weapon with a large amount of impact and low to none puncture (ie. lochaber axe) and you will do very little damage, if any, thrusting or lunging.

Guild vs. Guild = Apples + Oranges = Fruit Juice = Delicious!
Re: Pike Combos 05/02/2008 08:34 PM CDT
<<Use any weapon with a large amount of impact and low to none puncture (ie. lochaber axe) and you will do very little damage, if any, thrusting or lunging.>>

Ok, I see where you are coming from with that statement, but that example doesn't mean Impact counts for 0,
It could be for various other reasons...for example the game knows if the weapon is a jabber or a slicer...type att over and over and you can see this easily......so impact may count for jab with a jabber but not for a jab with a slicer.

So unless you got it from a GM or perhaps you wrote the code for jabbing you can't say <<For all jabbing maneuvers, impact damage is not calculated whatsoever.>>

Now that doesn't mean your statement is incorrect either......it could be right, I just don't like things said to be facts when they may not be.

Vote DR as TOP MUD: http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-cemm.html
Re: Pike Combos 05/03/2008 08:10 PM CDT
>It could be for various other reasons...for example the game knows if the weapon is a jabber or a slicer...type att over and over and you can see this easily

That is due to the change in the combat system after the new combos were released. Even in the old combat system jab, thrust, and lunge did very little impact damage.

Guild vs. Guild = Apples + Oranges = Fruit Juice = Delicious!