lances 07/15/2002 11:33 AM CDT
I just got a lance from the auction down in shard, it's two-handed and not pole ranged, I asked the auctioneer if that was supposed to be the case, he didn't respond to me though. I thought I'd ask on here, anyone ever heard of a lance like that?, came in with some horse stuff, seems strange that a lance for horses (jousting) would neither be able to use a shield with it, or be pole ranged for hitting your opponent off of his horse. Seems more like what would fit into a spear class weapon....

Beliel
Re: lances 07/16/2002 04:06 AM CDT
This is why he doesn't let you appraise stuff in the tent. Sorry you got ripped.

Steel.
Re: lances 07/16/2002 09:37 PM CDT
Well I assisted they said the lance is supposed to be two-handed, not pole ranged for jousting....still makes no sense to me, but I realize auctions are made to make things different than normal....I'll be more careful in the future.
Re: lances 07/17/2002 07:10 AM CDT
>Well I assisted they said the lance is supposed to be two-handed, not pole ranged for jousting....still makes no sense to me, but I realize auctions are made to make things different than normal....I'll be more careful in the future.

Dragonrealms is rampant with so-called "footman's lances" that are 2H and therefore no shield. These are different than a horseman's lance, and probably more akin to a long spear, pike, or halberd.

As always, buyer beware. Appraise it if you can, though too often that's not possible and we end up with something we didn't want.

~Kodiac
Re: lances 07/17/2002 09:27 AM CDT
<<Dragonrealms is rampant with so-called "footman's lances" that are 2H and therefore no shield. These are different than a horseman's lance, and probably more akin to a long spear, pike, or halberd.>>

I do agree that I've seen a two-handed lance before, not sure if the silver-tipped in SCC was one of those that I've played with that is. Though I have never seen a lance that is shoft hafted and not pole ranged, of course obviously this one exists. The part I find strange is it's not supposed to be a footmans lance, it was the selling point to me in the bag of stuff I bought which was the lance, every piece of armor for a horse, horse saddle, horse brushes, horse picks...the lance being the only thing that has nothing to do with horses I guess. Just found it weird they put the lance in there and made it like this, they must have been thinking of me standing beside my horse while fighting with it.

Beliel
Re: lances 07/23/2002 08:25 PM CDT
Probably the same as the lance in the Paladin shop. It is two-handed and doesnt reach pole. <silvery-white steel war lance with a black silk-wrapped shaft>
Re: lances 07/25/2002 08:42 AM CDT
Probably the same as the lance in the Paladin shop. It is two-handed and doesnt reach pole. <silvery-white steel war lance with a black silk-wrapped shaft>

Anyone have a complete appraisal for this weapon including weight and price please?

~ The "War-Trading Paladin" Drandon Davre ~
Granite lances and spears 07/06/2010 12:15 PM CDT
okay so maybe its just me, or the material I used or something.

But I was making javelins and spears, I can make them masterfully. I noticed that the spear is better than the javelin.

Anyone else notice this? Even though the javelin is a more difficult pattern.

I wish, I wish he’d go away...
Re: Granite lances and spears 07/06/2010 12:43 PM CDT
Yeah, spear is better.

~ Purehand

>collect coin
You manage to collect a pile of coin.
Roundtime: 30 sec.

... Jackpot.
Re: Granite lances and spears 07/10/2010 12:25 PM CDT
The javelin is lighter and is 1-handed.
Re: Granite lances and spears 07/15/2010 07:07 AM CDT
I also believe that spears and javelins are on the exact same tier of difficulty.
Re: Granite lances and spears 07/15/2010 01:21 PM CDT
Javelins are slightly(ever so slightly) harder.

I wish, I wish he’d go away...
Re: Granite lances and spears 07/15/2010 11:38 PM CDT
Javelins also use a higher tier tech as well.
Re: Granite lances and spears 07/17/2010 12:11 AM CDT
Anyone have the appraisal on capped ones?