Light edge slasher 06/14/2013 08:14 AM CDT
Ifi want to stick with a LE class of small edge weapons, and want the best slashing weapon I can get, what would it be? Looks like the riot2 huntsman knife, or the guard knife from the scrip shop, will be about it?

I'm not concerned about weight, I just want a LE slasher for some RP stuff. Given my druthers I'd rather it be slashing with impact too, but meh.

Pants.
Re: Light edge slasher 06/14/2013 09:49 AM CDT
Crafting side of things, a kertig or haralun dao has somewhat heavy slice which is the highest you can get on an LE. I believe there is one for sale in Tiddeggur's shop in Crossing. Should be 37 stones. There's a bunch of other LE's there as well.

Codiax.
Forged Weapons:
http://www.elanthipedia.org/wiki/User:Codiax#Codiax-Forged-Weapons
Re: Light edge slasher 06/15/2013 06:19 PM CDT
Out of curiosity, why would you use a LE weapon at all if you don't care about weight?
Re: Light edge slasher 06/15/2013 07:34 PM CDT
> Out of curiosity, why would you use a LE weapon at all if you don't care about weight?

Petty thematic considerations. I thought it was stupid, but I'm trying a character concept for once, rather than just min-max everything.

Pants.
Re: Light edge slasher 06/16/2013 02:10 AM CDT

Ah, ok, I was wondering if I was missing something combat wise.
Re: Light edge slasher 06/17/2013 01:39 PM CDT
LE prime is the worst
Re: Light edge slasher 06/17/2013 06:13 PM CDT
I like LE - 1/2 second DRAW ftw. Even with 100/106 Stam/Disc, DRAWing with anything heavier than a butter knife drains fatigue quickly. Having a good weapon helps.

IM: Dannyboy00001111

"Fool proof system do not take into account the ingenuity of fools, nor the power of numbers."
Re: Light edge slasher 06/17/2013 09:27 PM CDT
Ended up going with a 30-something stone falcata. More because I liked the look of the thing than any other reason. I like it.

Pants.
Re: Light edge slasher 06/17/2013 10:30 PM CDT
Yeah Falcata is the same stat wise (only difference is description) as the Dao. So good choice.

Codiax.
Forged Weapons:
http://www.elanthipedia.org/wiki/User:Codiax#Codiax-Forged-Weapons