LE RT 01/19/2013 05:46 PM CST
Been getting 3 second RT often with my LEs. Is that supposed to be normal?

Pathyn
Re: LE RT 01/19/2013 06:20 PM CST
Could be. Depends on its weight, your stats, and the random +1 second RT roll. All weapon RTs went up by about 1 second.

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
Re: LE RT 01/19/2013 06:29 PM CST

Strength : 48 Reflex : 56
Agility : 56 Charisma : 21
Discipline : 34 Wisdom : 33
Intelligence : 33 Stamina : 42

http://elanthipedia.org/w/index.php/Weapon:Viciously_serrated_huntsman%27s_knife_with_a_wrapped_grip

A silver-edged katar adorned with a clawed handguard is a light edged melee-ranged weapon.
Weighs 39 stones

A steel falcata
weighs 31 stones
Re: LE RT 01/19/2013 06:35 PM CST
For slice and chop you'll see 3 second RTs pretty often with those weapons. The new LE templates are only about 10-15% behind the ME templates, so we kept their RTs fairly close together.

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
Re: LE RT 01/19/2013 06:40 PM CST
Alrighty. Thanks. What advantage is LE supposed to have at this point?
Re: LE RT 01/19/2013 06:46 PM CST
The fastest RTs available and small to-hit bonus. Their DPS is balanced comparable with 2HE assuming the armor of the enemy is not excessive.

Re: LE RT 01/19/2013 06:57 PM CST
Gotcha. Thanks for the quick responses.
Re: LE RT 01/19/2013 09:07 PM CST
Does the ability to use ME with the new LE skill change the skill valuation at all? Like, since it technically gives access to two 'weapons' does it lose something? Or are both ME/LE balanced to give the same DPS as HE/2HE?

Adding nothing to the conversation since 1834.
Re: LE RT 01/19/2013 09:13 PM CST
No, nothing is lost in the process. ME just has more options, which is nice because it does not always make sense to use the lighter of the two weapons, especially when DPSing a fully-buffed Paladin...

Re: LE RT 01/20/2013 01:39 AM CST
Don't be hating.
Re: LE RT 01/20/2013 02:43 AM CST
Did the RT's of LE/ME HE/2HE JAB maneuvers get fixed?

i.e. Light Edge weapons had 1-2 varying RT for JAB, but Medium Edge weapons had a hard non-variable 1 RT.

2-3 and 2 RT for HE and 2HE respectively.

~ Leilond
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h307/ss1shadow/Leilond_Progression.jpg
Re: LE RT 01/20/2013 12:56 PM CST
I fixed LE so they no longer vary the RT on Jabs and Draws. This should make ME about 30% faster on average than a ME blade, and have only 15% or so less stat-points. This is to balance the impact armor has on them.

Couldn't duplicate the RT issues with HE/2HE. They have no variable RT that I can see in the code. Let me know if you can duplicate it please.