WTB: LE Stabber 01/31/2011 09:10 PM CST
Looking for a LE Stabber, currently using it while brawling: dodge|feint|lunge|thrust|jab|pum left|punch|shove|kick|gouge|claw|elbow

If someone has a better LE/brawler combo let me know.

Stats to beat are:

An ivory-hilted jambiya is a light edged melee-ranged weapon.

You are certain that it could do:
fair (5/26) puncture damage
somewhat moderate (6/26) slice damage
poor (2/26) impact damage

You are certain that the jambiya is reasonably (7/14) balanced and is fairly (5/14) suited to gaining extra attack power from your strength.

You are certain that the ivory-hilted jambiya is marginally vulnerable to damage, and is in pristine condition.

Would like something higher in puncture and impact damage thanks.
Re: WTB: LE Stabber 02/01/2011 06:51 AM CST
http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/Weapon:Sleek_black_briquet_set_with_ox-blood_coral_in_the_pommel

There is also another briquet that apps close to this with a little less balance. The only other thing I can think of that will give you a significant amount more puncture is a forged short sword.

Good luck finding something with more puncture AND impact. The two usually don't go together.

I'm not sure what more you are looking for out of an LE. The jambiya you are using is one of the better all around LE's.
Re: WTB: LE Stabber 02/01/2011 02:39 PM CST
>>I'm not sure what more you are looking for out of an LE. The jambiya you are using is one of the better all around LE's.

More puncture, for some reason LE lags behind brawling in a serious way and they are only used in that combo I posted. I thought something that did more damage would award more exp to LE. It is not quite there yet, but it is getting to the point where I have to wait for brawling portions to come into play then the LE portions will actually start landing.
Re: WTB: LE Stabber 02/01/2011 04:28 PM CST
You're using a 3 move jabbing combo with a slicing weapon and then a 6 move brawling combo. I think that is the experience difference moreso than your choice of weapon.

- Starlear -
Re: WTB: LE Stabber 02/01/2011 04:48 PM CST
You should change the "lunge" to a "feint lunge" the defense penalty on lunge will get you killed.

Yamcer

"You know, while I understand the importance of seeing the (personal) validity in other's arguments, it's impossible for me to believe fully that others are correct. If their argument was correct, I'd change mine." - My GF
Re: WTB: LE Stabber 02/01/2011 08:51 PM CST
<<You're using a 3 move jabbing combo with a slicing weapon and then a 6 move brawling combo. I think that is the experience difference more so than your choice of weapon.

This.

I personally use a slice combo along with brawling, and my weapon tends to learn a lot faster than brawling. In my experience LE jabbers just don't do much damage, even if you get a mod puncture one.

I suggest you keep the jambiya or even get a katar and just modify the combo to improve your learning
Re: WTB: LE Stabber 02/02/2011 12:26 AM CST
>>You're using a 3 move jabbing combo with a slicing weapon and then a 6 move brawling combo. I think that is the experience difference moreso than your choice of weapon.
>>I personally use a slice combo along with brawling,

I could not create a slice/brawling combo that left me at best position and stance. Would you mind sharing yours?