Tago question 01/12/2009 10:10 AM CST
Anybody ever hunted critters like gargs, rock guardians, etc. with a tago to see if they can hold up under those conditions without constant repair work?

Thanks.

Denstimar Dustyfoot
Idon Raider - www.idonraiders.com
"Have you not learned great lessons from those who braced themselves against you, and disputed passage with you?" - Walt Whitman
Re: Tago question 01/12/2009 06:35 PM CST
>Anybody ever hunted critters like gargs, rock guardians, etc. with a tago to see if they can hold up under those conditions without constant repair work?

Never parry, it will be destroyed in short order.
Re: Tago question 01/12/2009 08:16 PM CST
That's what I was figuring. May just have to side-step that sort of critter on my way up the ladder, unless someone makes a really sturdy short sword or something.

Oh well.

Denstimar Dustyfoot
"Have you not learned great lessons from those who braced themselves against you, and disputed passage with you?" - Walt Whitman
Re: Tago question 01/12/2009 11:09 PM CST
stout short sword from dirge, should be fine. and if not...at least it's dirt cheap.
Re: Tago question 01/13/2009 08:11 AM CST
Could always use shield stance for those and forgo the parry.

Course, then they destroy the shield...

Leuc
Re: Tago question 01/13/2009 10:57 AM CST
You can also attack with your offhand and parry with a sturdier weapon.
Re: Tago question 01/13/2009 11:06 AM CST
>>You can also attack with your offhand and parry with a sturdier weapon.

Indeed. I would certainly not protest if the new forging system let us make well constructed, excellently balanced daggers, even if the rest of their stats were abysmal, since using offhand is already the way I train.

*nudge nudge Oolan*

Denstimar Dustyfoot
Re: Tago question 01/13/2009 05:51 PM CST
>>stout short sword from dirge, should be fine. and if not...at least it's dirt cheap.<<

Another satisfied customer!

Shop Dirge!

-=Dirge. You gotta lava it.=-

"Traders do not shriek like little girls and worry about magic cooties." GM Armifer