LE Quote 10/02/2008 03:28 AM CDT
Quoted for Troof!

My thing is this...

2HE - you can make (or could make) a bastard sword with Severe slice that has Reasonable balance
HE - you can make (or could make) a bastard sword with Great slice that has Reasonable or high-end Fair balance
ME - you can make (or could make) a scimitar or sabre with Heavy slice/puncture that has Reasonable or high-end Fair balance
LE - you can make (or could make) a katar that has Moderate slice with nothing resembling anything remotely related to the definition of any term that resides within the same vicinity of what someone could exaggerate to the point of calling it balance, or a short sword that has Moderate puncture with Poor Balance.

One of these weapon classes is not like the others... One of these balance ratings just doesn't belong...

There really are not any LE slicers out there that have balance and decent damage. Sure a jambiya works decently against critters, but I've used one in sparring matches and in the pit and the armor arbsorbs all the damage. There are one or two decent LE stabbers out there (briquet for example), but I think the class as a whole needs a makeover.

Nobody is asking for LE weapons to do Severe, Great, or even Heavy damage, but I don't think Moderate damage with more than one-notch-above-none balance is too much to ask.

(This was over a year ago from Carolint)

The only thing I would add to this is that the RT are also ridiculous. That heavy slice ME up there? If you do a combo you get this:

Feint (1sec) draw (2sec) slice (2sec) chop (2sec) sweep (2sec)

That's a ME weapon with HEAVY slice that has Reasonable or high-end Fair balance

And with a LE slicer you get:

Feint (1sec) draw (1sec) slice (2sec) chop (2sec) sweep (2sec)

And as pointed out above, the BEST we can get is moderate slice and pathetic balance. The ME outclasses the LE insanely and only has a ONE SECOND difference on ONE of those attacks. LE so needs to be fixed.

Or bring back Anthyl! Why did they ever let weapon sharpeners and balancers leave in the first place?

"Timmay!"

--- Timmy
Re: LE Quote 10/02/2008 03:33 AM CDT
Those katars are better than they seem. I think the real issue is, there aren't good LE jabbers for high agility characters to grow into. Short swords just don't measure up to 39 stone katars.
Re: LE Quote 10/02/2008 10:08 AM CDT
I agree. I'm a LE prime currently training up a new weapon to replace LE for numerous reasons, but I do concur that the katar is much better than it seems like it should be. I can kill unarmored creatures pretty much as fast with a katar as anything else.

Have any of you tried the leaf blade sword wrapped in sharkskin from that Barb merchant tent? That's a pretty good LE jabber, but I don't come into a situation where I use jabbers much so I don't have a lot of room to compare.

- Terra
_______
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -George Carlin
Re: LE Quote 10/02/2008 10:21 AM CDT
>(This was over a year ago from Carolint)

Wow. I knew that sounded familiar as I was reading it.