LE rank training question 07/03/2008 08:45 PM CDT
I have a character on Ratha with 99 ranks in LE. What critter(s) should I be training it on?

Sar
Re: LE rank training question 07/03/2008 08:48 PM CDT
Swains in the tavern.

Aveda's Field Guide- http://dr.aveda.googlepages.com
Re: LE rank training question 07/03/2008 08:54 PM CDT
Thanks
Re: LE rank training question 07/03/2008 08:56 PM CDT
Silver leucros
Re: LE rank training question 07/03/2008 09:14 PM CDT
I'm also going to have to agree with silver leucro's, unless you have the defenses to back up fighting swains. If you can, that is your best option. Guild abilities also play a factor.
If you can activate some decent buffs, then you might be able to handle swains (they tend to swarm) If not, leucro's is for you, but they also tend to swarm.

Also, leucro's have natural armor and no weapon to parry with (their claws don't do that well), so less chance of being blocked, higher chance for crits. That's my experience anyway.

- Terra
Re: LE rank training question 07/04/2008 11:00 AM CDT
Unless you're backtraining weapons and have high agility (more than the average person progressing up the critter ladder) you will have a very difficult time hitting swains with 99 ranks in LE unless you're a thief using backstab. I typically don't show up in swains until at least 120 in weapons because I find I can't break through their ability to parry. Silver leucros should take you to at least 120 in weapons, then go to swains.

Life is too short to drink cheap beer.
Re: LE rank training question 07/04/2008 03:25 PM CDT
I agree, the ratha progression is pretty much sprites -> leucros -> swain

I'm the guy that ate the rotten meat.
Re: LE rank training question 07/04/2008 03:54 PM CDT
>>I agree, the ratha progression is pretty much sprites -> leucros -> swain<<

Just a note to the original inquirer, if you wanted to leave Ratha..I found some of my best earned LE ranks in that range to be in Riverhaven on piruati serpents and thicket vipers. Just watch out for the poison that the vipers spit.

- Terra
Re: LE rank training question 07/04/2008 04:40 PM CDT
Again, thanks for the advice guys. I've come back after a 1 year break and was curious to see if the progression was still the same.

This is a 51st War Mage who has these LE ranks. I've decided to start with back-training some of his lower weapons.