Quick question... 03/07/2008 11:04 PM CST
>glance
You glance down to see a platinum-inlaid carving knife set with a large diamond in your right hand and nothing in your left hand.
>turn knife
You press on the recessed catch but it appears to have become jammed!

Am I the only one that this has happened to? And if not... anyone know how to fix it?
Re: Quick question... 03/07/2008 11:18 PM CST
Never seen that before, does it appraise as damaged, if so maybe it just needs to be dropped off at a repair shop?
Re: Quick question... 03/08/2008 01:52 AM CST
Did you try FIXing it?
Re: Quick question... 03/08/2008 08:13 AM CST
<< Am I the only one that this has happened to? And if not... anyone know how to fix it?

You are definitely not the only one, though it is extremely rare for this to happen. It is also intended and you'll have to REPAIR the knife if you wish to use the scraper again. There is a skill check and an appropriate tool will be needed to do it. If you need further help, I'd recommend asking an experienced trader as many of them now know the details.

Best Regards,
~GM Arnimas

"Wealth is not his that has it, but his who enjoys it."
-Benjamin Franklin
Re: Quick question... 03/08/2008 09:26 AM CST
Use a lockpick.

________
The ladies would love it if I shape shifted into a bear while we were making sweet sweet love. That benefit alone would make shape shifting worth it.

-Mvorn
Re: Quick question... 04/12/2008 01:02 AM CDT
A steel short sword with a dragon-engraved blade is a light edged melee-ranged weapon.
The short sword is well suited for backstabbing.

You are certain that it could do:
moderate puncture damage
low slice damage
low impact damage

You are certain that the sword is reasonably balanced and is poorly suited to gaining extra attack power from your strength.

You are certain that the short sword is fairly sturdy, and is in pristine condition.

The short sword is made with metal.
You think it is likely that the short sword weighs about 10 stones.
You are certain that the short sword is worth exactly 12000 lirums.
Roundtime: 8 seconds.

This little baby is on the high end of mod puncture and my stabber of choice.
Re: Quick question... 04/12/2008 02:06 PM CDT
Where's that from?

-Rmel
________
The ladies would love it if I shape shifted into a bear while we were making sweet sweet love. That benefit alone would make shape shifting worth it.

-Mvorn