LEs are fragile and that means easy to break 07/29/2007 02:59 PM CDT
Is it possible to forge a mod strong LE? Does a mod strong LE exist?

Therefore a wise prince will seek means by which his subjects will always and in every possible condition of things have need of his government, and then they will always be faithful to him. --Niccolo Machiavelli, "The Prince"
Re: LEs are fragile and that means easy to break 07/30/2007 12:24 AM CDT
You are certain that the ivory-hilted jambiya is fairly sturdy, and is in pristine condition.

l sab
s>
Impressed into the metal is the image of a rampant bear over the name "Drevid" in bold lettering.

s>app sab

You are certain that the sabre is fairly sturdy, and is in pristine condition.
Re: LEs are fragile and that means easy to break 07/30/2007 07:41 AM CDT
Fairly sturdy's pretty fragile. And a forged sabre is a medium edged weapon, not light.

Axillus - Halfling Warrior Mage
>You charge your steel-toed footwrap at a musk hog.
Re: LEs are fragile and that means easy to break 07/30/2007 09:00 AM CDT
LE needs new templates, which hopefully will be addressed with the new Forging.

________
Re: Life mana Spell preps

You raise your hands in the air. You wave them like you just don't care. Somebody says, "Hey!" Somebody says, "Ho!" Somebody screams.
Re: LEs are fragile and that means easy to break 07/30/2007 01:34 PM CDT
I was comparing the weapon to a forged medium edged weapon that I wouldn't consider to be easily breakable.
Re: LEs are fragile and that means easy to break 07/30/2007 01:40 PM CDT
>I was comparing the weapon to a forged medium edged weapon that I wouldn't consider to be easily breakable.

Ah, I see. Still though, fairly sturdy is not very high on the construction totem pole, and will snap like a twig to a gargoyle, blight ogre, etc.

Axillus - Halfling Warrior Mage
>You charge your steel-toed footwrap at a musk hog.
Re: LEs are fragile and that means easy to break 07/30/2007 04:06 PM CDT
>Ah, I see. Still though, fairly sturdy is not very high on the construction totem pole, and will snap like a twig to a gargoyle, blight ogre, etc.

It depends on where in the Fairly Sturdy range it falls. It seems like there's a fine line somewhere in there below which weapons break easily, above which they rarely (if ever) get damaged.

________
Re: Life mana Spell preps

You raise your hands in the air. You wave them like you just don't care. Somebody says, "Hey!" Somebody says, "Ho!" Somebody screams.
Re: LEs are fragile and that means easy to break 08/07/2007 09:08 PM CDT
Well I can say I used a forged sabre from drevid for about a year in gargs and it never even got damaged. I was skeptical at the time when i bought it, but he gave me a money back guarantee if it broke, at which point I immediatly went into gargs to break it.
Now maybe things have changed since then (3-4 years ago), but I don't believe so.
Re: LEs are fragile and that means easy to break 08/07/2007 09:18 PM CDT
Oh and that was a fairly sturdy 26 stone if i remember correctly.
Re: LEs are fragile and that means easy to break 08/07/2007 10:56 PM CDT
Sabres are actually medium edged weapons, but their construction is almost always better than other medium edged and some heavy edges. The lightest forged scimitar today is 18 stones and is moderately strong, while the lightest sabre is 17 stones and is well constructed - pretty amazing construction for that weight. If anybody wants one, you can places orders for Drevid or Gash at the URL below.

-Savage GashBreaknow
http://www.thedragonsegg.net/Blades.htm
Re: LEs are fragile and that means easy to break 09/22/2007 11:54 AM CDT
He he he. Get Lion Gauntlets. Good LE and if it breaks so what slap the gauntlets together to get a new set of claws. Good luck finding a set however as they have become rare and those who do have them and use them wont part with them.

There is also the small problem with them also being LP too if you do not use plate.