Fatigue and new LE choice 05/31/2007 03:11 AM CDT
My katar is causing me quite a bit of fatigue these days when swinging quick. I like the tago for dancing, and no fatigue hits but the defensive penalties for thrust/lunge are a bit rough. Can anyone recommend a good light slashing le, whether it be forged or storebought?

Jal

>You've gained a new rank in your ability to steal.
Re: Fatigue and new LE choice 05/31/2007 06:48 AM CDT
A forged 39 stone moderate slice Katar, I'm sure someone over there has the mix and will make you one. If they don't have the mix, I'll give it to you, and you can have someone make it.

Q: If practice makes perfect and nobody is perfect, why practice?

A: To be better than everyone else.
Re: Fatigue and new LE choice 05/31/2007 07:25 AM CDT
Having tried both a mod slice katar and a jambiya side by side I almost like the jambiya better. When you throw in that the jamb is free and much better at bypassing parry/shield (at least in a back-training situation) because of the balance, the freebee from the swamp wins the race.

Give it a go, see what you think.

~Ranger Hanryu, Sword of House Calibanor
Keeper of the CEC
http://www.kynevon.info/CombatEquipmentCompendium.xls
Re: Fatigue and new LE choice 05/31/2007 08:37 AM CDT
Been using the outcast katar, 39 stone. Apparently I'm just too weak/swinging too fast for it. 37 str/45 agil. Maybe the forged has a beter balance, will have to look into that and the jambiya. Thanks for the replies!

Jal

>app my katar careful

A silver-edged katar adorned with a clawed handguard is a light edged melee-ranged weapon.

You are certain that it could do:
poor puncture damage
moderate slice damage
fair impact damage

You are certain that the katar is dismally balanced and is well suited to gaining extra attack power from your strength.

You are certain that the silver-edged katar is of average strength, and is in pristine condition.

The silver-edged katar is made with metal.
You wonder if the silver-edged katar might weigh a few tens of stones.
You are certain that the silver-edged katar is worth exactly 86250 kronars.
Roundtime: 16 seconds.

>You've gained a new rank in your ability to steal.
Re: Fatigue and new LE choice 05/31/2007 08:57 AM CDT
That is basically a forged katar, just it's the mod impact versus mod slice version.

That is the one I use anyway.

I am --- Navak
Re: Fatigue and new LE choice 05/31/2007 09:15 AM CDT
> Apparently I'm just too weak/swinging too fast for it. 37 str/45 agil.

What's your stamina? I just went and wailed on some rock trolls as fast as I could with this katar

You are certain that it could do:
poor puncture damage
moderate slice damage
fair impact damage
You are certain that the katar is dismally balanced and is well suited to gaining extra attack power from your strength.
You are certain that the bone-hilted katar is of average strength, and is in pristine condition.
You are confident that the bone-hilted katar weighs about 39 stones.

and only saw winded on the sweep and sometimes the slice moves. I didn't dodge.

Strength : 42
Agility : 38
Stamina : 33

Discipline : 30 (does this help with fatigue recovery?)

P.S. what combo are you using, feint draw sweep slice chop didn't always leave me at the best balance, guess I never bothered to check for a good LE slice comb!

~Ranger Hanryu, Sword of House Calibanor
Keeper of the CEC
http://www.kynevon.info/CombatEquipmentCompendium.xls
Re: Fatigue and new LE choice 05/31/2007 09:18 AM CDT
to find a decent combo just type attack, and watch what the game inputs for you.

Q: If practice makes perfect and nobody is perfect, why practice?

A: To be better than everyone else.