Jambiya 07/15/2005 11:34 PM CDT
Anyone currently get these? (if I spelled it right) I hear they drop free from them nasty things in the swamp, and would like to try and buy one from someone or if anyone feels generous enough to get me one free.
Re: Jambiya 07/16/2005 12:24 AM CDT
Who is your character? I have a few in my vault.

Digressions, objections, delight in mockery, carefree mistrust are signs of health; everything unconditional belongs in pathology.
-Friedrich Nietzsche
(Dont feed the pathogens)
Re: Jambiya 07/16/2005 06:08 AM CDT
I also typically leave a few every week on the table in the cloakroom of the Pierless Inn in Riverhaven. You might check there and see if any are left.

Rehlyn

Some thoughtful soul has marked the surface of the lock with a drawing of several very happy looking stick figures.
A tasia corsair says, "Well I was hoping to wait for a cleric first but if you watch my stuff I'll depart. Thanks."
Re: Jambiya 07/16/2005 08:01 AM CDT
Rayje, me characters name that is searching for one is Rasheena. if ya around haven or somewhere near I would love to try one of them little weapons. thank ya much kind sir.
Re: Jambiya 07/16/2005 05:56 PM CDT
Will do

Digressions, objections, delight in mockery, carefree mistrust are signs of health; everything unconditional belongs in pathology.
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Re: Jambiya 07/17/2005 10:17 AM CDT
Has Rasheena gotten a jambiya yet? I was lookin for her today.

-Friedrich Nietzsche
Re: Jambiya 07/17/2005 10:18 AM CDT
Also, does she have a gweth?

-Friedrich Nietzsche
Re: Jambiya 07/17/2005 10:33 AM CDT
Yep! I got Rasheena one yesterday.

Rehlyn

Some thoughtful soul has marked the surface of the lock with a drawing of several very happy looking stick figures.
A tasia corsair says, "Well I was hoping to wait for a cleric first but if you watch my stuff I'll depart. Thanks."
Re: Jambiya 07/17/2005 10:43 AM CDT
Huzzah! thank you to all for helpin, and yep Rehlyn got me one. very sweet little knife it is too. great to see there still be some nice folk around. Gday all
Re: Jambiya 07/17/2005 10:52 AM CDT
Ok, good to hear.

-Friedrich Nietzsche
Jambiya 05/24/2006 12:59 AM CDT
Where does one find this weapon?
Re: Jambiya 05/24/2006 05:08 AM CDT
from the hands of a shadowbeast. Typically there are a few hunters in there, so next time you are in Haven try asking over the gweth. Perhaps a kind hunter can get one to ya.

Rehlyn

A scavenger troll strolls in, looks you squarely in the eye and says, "Me thinks I likes this war hammer." Suddenly, in a blur of motion, it grabs all the junk strewn throughout the area and bolts.
Re: Jambiya 05/24/2006 11:46 AM CDT
you can also buy Jambiyas in Ratha

Re: Jambiya 05/24/2006 11:58 AM CDT
The ones in Ratha are different than the ones dropped by shadow beasts

Strangeguard Prayermaster
Re: Jambiya 05/24/2006 12:07 PM CDT
>>you can also buy Jambiyas in Ratha<<

No, you really can't. They're Jambayas.

-Wighten
Re: Jambiya 05/25/2006 12:19 AM CDT
yeah, Ratha sells Jambaya

Shadowbeats drop Jambiya

Jambiya is what you want :-)

~Dalkin~

If its got two legs and you hear a thud...don't panic...I just killed another one.

>>>>Agonar, apparently taking an uncharacteristic trip to the north, strolls by, winks at Marlena, giggles oddly to himself, and continues his journey onward.
Jambiya - Jambaya 07/08/2006 06:27 PM CDT
Greets,

I wondered if someone could tell me if there was a difference between the Ratha store bought Jambaya and the critter drop Jambiya. Thanks in advance.
Re: Jambiya - Jambaya 07/08/2006 06:28 PM CDT
Big difference. Not sure what those differences are... but mark my words.

The only thing to fear is fear itself--nameless, unreasoning, unjustified terror which paralyzes needed efforts to convert retreat into advance.
http://myspace.com/fearmaestro
Re: Jambiya - Jambaya 07/08/2006 09:05 PM CDT
The one sold on Ratha sucks.

The one dropped by critters rocks.
Re: Jambiya - Jambaya 07/08/2006 09:36 PM CDT
Aya (Ratha) = fair/low/poor reasonable/poor average strength

Iya (Shadowbeasts) = fair/fair/poor reasonable/fair fairly sturdy

Both are 18 stones.

-Fuquois-

The depressing thing about tennis is that no matter how good I get, I'll never be as good as a wall.
Jambiya Attack Sequence? 11/25/2007 10:15 AM CST
Okay, since the jambiya's f/f/p, I'm wondering if I'm better off using feint/lunge/thrust/jab or feint/draw/sweep/slice/chop.

On the other hand, we sometimes screw up and do something popular. We're working on that, though- GM Dartenian
Re: Jambiya Attack Sequence? 11/25/2007 12:36 PM CST
if the jab and slice are even you could always experiment on making a hybrid attack sequence.
Re: Jambiya Attack Sequence? 11/25/2007 02:30 PM CST
Usually I go through the slice, then the thrust combo.

feint/draw/slice/chop/lung/thrust/jab/parry

It's probably not the best way to do things, but it makes me happy using all of them.

As you consider an attempt to stalk the Empath Fraethis, you believe it's blind as a bat. Go for it.
Re: Jambiya Attack Sequence? 11/26/2007 03:35 PM CST
Vary based upon the critter's resistance to damage type if you find damage output is generally equal one way or the other when all else is equal.