Prev_page Previous 1 2 Next Next_page
Re: Learning LE post 115 without dying? 02/29/2008 02:02 AM CST
Yes, the template is badly balanced but you can still balance it afterward.

And since you missed it, The oben is as the Rathan Pugio, good balance fair edge.

The Aesery Dao is better edge but horrid balance.

120+ in 4 blades and mech....just 300 more in each to make my own....

>>--Shnurui>
Re: Learning LE post 115 without dying? 02/29/2008 08:49 AM CST
>Yes, the template is badly balanced but you can still balance it afterward.

You can grind for balance, but you'll still never get it over dismally balanced.

________
The ladies would love it if I shape shifted into a bear while we were making sweet sweet love. That benefit alone would make shape shifting worth it.

-Mvorn
Re: Learning LE post 115 without dying? 03/01/2008 10:12 AM CST
>And since you missed it, The oben is as the Rathan Pugio, good balance fair edge.

Pugio is fair puncture.

Seriously, get a jambiya from shadow beasts.

I've got these rubber models in my office with all the reproductive organs of both sexes that I keep locked up in separate cabinets to avoid a scandal.
Learning LE 06/16/2008 04:24 PM CDT
A bit new to DR, but I have a question about LE. I'm not learning much from this weapon now (about 40 ranks), at least relative to my other weapon, ME. For example, it takes many more critters for me to get my learning rate up to where I can get ME in a few critters. Using a normal short sword, I'm hunting grendels and wood trolls right now, but any suggestions as to what would help me increase my learning rate? I seem to nromally get light and good hits with occasional solid or heavy hits, but that's about it.
Re: Learning LE 06/16/2008 04:28 PM CDT
More Damage, More Experience

Ackfer - Halfling in a Can, No Fillers Here!
Re: Learning LE 06/16/2008 04:30 PM CDT
LE is one of those weapons that it's very difficult to get strong hits with- Unless MAYBE you're a thief using it to backstab with. But it can be powerful, in the right hands. And I've even successfully used a few in fairly high critters- though not against any that are armored.

What weapon are you using? And what critter are you hunting?

One thing you might want to do is go to WWW.Olwydd.Org and take a look at the weapon-combo charts. I've found them to be very useful.

Ryeka and the brood

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Learning LE 06/16/2008 04:31 PM CDT
I'd recommending asking around Riverhaven to see if someone will grab you a jambiya. They're fairly light and do a decent amount of damage for light edge. Since I gave up my forged short sword for one, its made learning LE quite a bit easier.

- Player of Foresee

"You're right, we're all against you and actively work to stymie your guild's development. I'm twirling my mustache at the sheer thought." - DR-Armifer
Re: Learning LE 06/16/2008 04:42 PM CDT
Short swords are really only good for backstabbing. Jambiyas are decent when your stats are low, but when you can handle it you need to get a katar.
Re: Learning LE 06/16/2008 04:55 PM CDT
Is the jambiya available to anyone in Haven or only able to be purchased by specific people?
Re: Learning LE 06/16/2008 04:56 PM CDT
Now, a couple of my characters have obens: They're decent enough slicing LEs. My little Plat barb is using one while backtraining boxes and getting some spending coin- and her LE skill is only about 37, as opposed to the 40 you mentioned.

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

Re: Learning LE 06/16/2008 04:58 PM CDT
>>Is the jambiya available to anyone in Haven or only able to be purchased by specific people?

They're critter weapons. And the critters can be pretty dangerous.

Re: Learning LE 06/16/2008 05:30 PM CDT
I have always liked the Curved Kythe from knife clan.

Ackfer - Halfling in a Can, No Fillers Here!
Re: Learning LE 06/16/2008 06:01 PM CDT
Jambiya for the win... I picked up 2 jambiyas yesterday just by asking around Riverhaven. The critters that drop them are very dangerous, so somebody big has to go in and kill a few for you.

Life is too short to drink cheap beer.
Re: Learning LE 06/18/2008 04:17 AM CDT
When Ciressa is open just get one from the giveaway bag. The local hunters are very good about bringing up batches of them to fill it. She's open on Tues, Thurs and one weekend day every week.
Prev_page Previous 1 2 Next Next_page