Prev_page Previous 1 2 Next Next_page
Re: (no subject) 08/16/2011 12:02 PM CDT
>>Meaning an LE "slicer" compared to a ME "slicer" to a HE "slicer" all made of HC steel should all provide the same amount of damage potential across an equal time period.

Except this really isn't the case. It is for ME and LE, however, it is only the case in broadswords. Longswords do not provide significantly more damage potential, nor are they even all that balanced unless you make them extremely light which lowers its damage potential. As far as HE puncture weapons, thats a mess. They definately do not provide the same damage potential over time. The only difference between an HE "poker" and an ME "poker" is that the HE weighs more and has more slice, and depending on the mix slightly more puncture although your able to get heavy puncture with both. Gives it slightly more damage potential on the draw if you use it, but meh, granted they give a bigger bonus with strength but most people who use puncture based weapons are agility based in their combat and would prefer the balance.

Granted I can see why they wouldn't want HE to have a good puncture weapon as it crosses slightly over into the pike weapon. Though higher level pikes are amazing now, gotta admit one thing they did an awesome job on polearms.

As good almost kill a man as kill a good book; who kills a man kills a reasonable creature, God's image; but he who destroys a good book, kills reason itself, kills the image of God, as it were in the eye.
-John Milton
Re: (no subject) 08/16/2011 01:03 PM CDT
>damage per second

I meant to say damage potential per second.

Where all things being equal and on a long enough timeline to decrease the variability of the rolls they would perform the same.

Obviously, given the constraints of time and luck, mileage will vary.

>As far as HE puncture weapons, thats a mess. They definately do not provide the same damage potential over time. The only difference between an HE "poker" and an ME "poker" is that the HE weighs more and has more slice, and depending on the mix slightly more puncture although your able to get heavy puncture with both.

You are comparing the weapons of tomorrow (which we happen to have today) with the combat systems of the past (which are still present).

I think we let combat3.0 roll out and then trust in Kodius to adjust things both up & down as necessary to create a balance.

Right now you are taking a sniper rifle from 2011 and throwing it in the mix of the civil war and saying based on that a 12 gauge shotgun will suck in WWIV.

Player of Diggan, Ranger & Halfing of Aesry
Re: (no subject) 08/16/2011 01:17 PM CDT
>somewhere... there was a post by Kodius that I believe talked about damage/second.

One of them was this one:

http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/Post:2HE_vs_Polearms_-_12/20/2010_-_15:23:36

Hunta Talna Kortok, built by Gor'Togs, for Gor'Togs
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/home.html
Weapons for Sale:
http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/User:Caraamon#Wares
Combat Balance List:
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/balance2.xls
Re: (no subject) 08/23/2011 09:15 PM CDT
I'm hoping the whole well suited, ill suited, but usable thing goes away for backstabbing, and is replaced with something a bit more full. Including it not being determined by only weight, having more of a scale, and allowing for another area to make epic items, have a little more spice in their awesomeness [awesomesauce].

Re: (no subject) 08/24/2011 12:05 AM CDT
>>I'm hoping the whole well suited, ill suited, but usable thing goes away for backstabbing, and is replaced with something a bit more full. Including it not being determined by only weight, having more of a scale, and allowing for another area to make epic items, have a little more spice in their awesomeness [awesomesauce].

Do you mean allowing you to backstab with heavier weapons? Probably won't happen. Do you mean weapons that bonus backstab? The same. Backstab's already one of the most dangerous maneuvers in the game.

Backstab aside, I will agree being able to tailor armor or weapons somehow to make them more stealthy would be neat.
Malkien
Prev_page Previous 1 2 Next Next_page