Heavier Halberd? 10/02/2011 03:40 PM CDT

Is there any chance we could get a 15-18 volume halberd pattern added to the polearm section of the weaponsmithing book?

I'd really rather train halberds over 2he for style reasons but it seems sort of silly from a functional standpoint when you compare against the 18 volume greatsword template.
Re: Heavier Halberd? 10/02/2011 05:12 PM CDT
>I'd really rather train halberds over 2he for style reasons but it seems sort of silly from a functional standpoint when you compare against the 18 volume greatsword template.

I agree totally! On the other hand, also realize that greatswords are mostly blade, whereas polearms are mostly stick.

But still, I totally agree.
Re: Heavier Halberd? 10/06/2011 03:54 PM CDT

Doesn't really mean anything.

Their are plenty of halberds that have hammer-like Axe blades. Unfortunately in DR these are treated as swappable 2he/2hb, or simply two-handed edges that are axes when in fact they should be halberds.

An Executioner's Axe(the gaudy long-pole kind, not the short hafted kind) and a Bec De Corbin are actually more akin to Halberds and Polearms than they are 2he and 2hb.
As good almost kill a man as kill a good book; who kills a man kills a reasonable creature, God's image; but he who destroys a good book, kills reason itself, kills the image of God, as it were in the eye.
-John Milton