Ava's 04/20/2010 04:06 PM CDT
Just wondering everyone's thoughts on these new halberds.

This one weights 58 stones.
heavy puncture damage
fair slice damage
low impact damage

You are certain that the ava is fairly balanced and is fairly suited to gaining extra attack power from your strength.

You are certain that the gultne ava is of average strength, and is in pristine condition.

The gultne ava is made with metal.
The gultne ava has a bit of weight to it.
You are certain that the gultne ava is worth exactly 13475 lirums.

This one weights 65 stones

An awgravet ava is a halberd pole-ranged weapon.

You are certain that it could do:
heavy puncture damage
heavy slice damage
low impact damage

You are certain that the ava is fairly balanced and is fairly suited to gaining extra attack power from your strength.

You are certain that the awgravet ava is of average strength, and is in pristine condition.

The awgravet ava is made with metal.
The awgravet ava has a bit of weight to it.
You are certain that the awgravet ava is worth exactly 15950 lirums.
Re: Ava's 04/20/2010 04:28 PM CDT
Are they now store bought in the new area?

I have both from way back - they are Rakash weapons correct? I think it was Cerfit that sold them.

My Rakash uses them and enjoys them quite a bit, but is still pretty low skill-wise.
Re: Ava's 04/20/2010 04:48 PM CDT
They're good.

Since roundtime is capped, I'd still go witht he khuj though.

Right now the Moon Mage place on the "combat pet totem pole" is the part that's sunk into the earth to lower the pole's center of gravity.
-Armifer de Dragonrealms
Re: Ava's 04/20/2010 06:37 PM CDT
Oo, I want the heavy/heavy one.

~ Purehand

Thank you for constructs.
Re: Ava's 04/20/2010 06:52 PM CDT
Yes, both are sold at the new village. The thing that caught my eye was the puncture damage over impact. Nice change from most halberds. To bad they aren't HT as well
Re: Ava's 04/20/2010 07:45 PM CDT
Funny enough, I was just posting about something related to this...

Keep in mind, due to the way damage is modified by attack commands, that puncture is not going to be as useful as it looks if you're not using thrust, jab, or lunge.

Magic's Death Caraamon Makdasi, Gor'Tog Barbarian
Hunta Talna Kortok, built by Gor'Togs, for Gor'Togs
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/home.html
Blunts for Sale:
http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/User:Caraamon#Wares
Re: Ava's 04/20/2010 07:59 PM CDT
>Yes, both are sold at the new village. The thing that caught my eye was the puncture damage over impact. Nice change from most halberds. To bad they aren't HT as well

The standard halberd template is roughly equal puncture and slice with little impact. That weapon looks roughly on par with a forged halberd. Which is to say, fun but ultimately inferior to the khuj or lochaber axe. Definitely looks better than the Crossing halberd though.

>describe boar
It's a boar. It doesn't like you.