Looking for a Halberd 04/14/2008 04:29 PM CDT
So, I started jousting and heard that skill with Halberd is important. I've just started training it and use an ox spear from Haven. But I want something unique and unique, so where can I find one? Circle 45 ranger, 29 strength, 27 agility, got 20 ranks in Halberd...

V.
Re: Looking for a Halberd 04/14/2008 05:03 PM CDT
You can either buy a forged halberd from Ciressa or one of the short hafted halberd from Rossmans. Not really unique choices, but not many people use halberds, so at least you will be uncommon.

If you want to continue useing the ox-tongue spear, the only combo is dodge, feint, draw, slice, thrust, lunge.

The Declaration of Independence grants Americans the right to pursue happiness, but if caught, you must return it to the pharmaceutical companies.
Re: Looking for a Halberd 04/14/2008 08:57 PM CDT
I bought a wicked halberd from Boar Clan. My appraisal is not too good on Halberds...

This is its look: The blade on this thing is nothing to be trifled with. It looks like it has a different way to mangle a foe from every angle.

A wicked halberd is a halberd pole-ranged weapon.

You believe that it could do:
moderate puncture damage
heavy slice damage
low impact damage

You are confident that the halberd is fairly balanced and is fairly suited to gaining extra attack power from your strength.

You are certain that the wicked halberd is of average strength, and is in pristine condition.

The wicked halberd is made with metal.
The wicked halberd has a bit of weight to it.
You are certain that the wicked halberd is worth exactly 2029 dokoras.

V.
Re: Looking for a Halberd 04/14/2008 09:34 PM CDT
The wicked halberd is very heavy. I use the halberds from Rossman's. They're good enough for backtraining to me. It fits in my cheap harness too. Here's the appraisal:

A short oak-hafted halberd with a flamberge blade is a halberd melee-ranged weapon.

You are certain that it could do:
moderate puncture damage
moderate slice damage
fair impact damage

You are certain that the halberd is fairly balanced and is fairly suited to gaining extra attack power from your strength.

You are certain that the oak-hafted halberd is fairly sturdy, and is in pristine condition.

The oak-hafted halberd is made with metal.
You are certain that the oak-hafted halberd weighs exactly 40 stones.
You are certain that the oak-hafted halberd is worth exactly 6500 lirums.

-Ghodbane
Re: Looking for a Halberd 04/15/2008 05:07 AM CDT
Here's a listing of all the store bought halberds according to the Combat Equipment Compendium (Which I suggest everyone bookmark and look at regularly http://www.kynevon.info/CombatEquipmentCompendium.xls):

Spike-tipped Steel GuisarmeModerateModerateLowFairlyFairlyAV624500RathaKrrikt'k's ForgeQi'Reshalia
Lochaber AxePoorGreatSeverePoorlyReasonablyAV62165000RathaKrrikt'k's ForgeQi'Reshalia
Ox-Tongue SpearHeavyFairLowFairlyFairlyAV581400RiverhavenNoel's ArmsTherengia
Golden Mus Halberd with Elaborate Metalwork on the HaftModerateModerateLowFairlyFairlyAV629500MuspariShoipak's WeaponryTherengia
Black-hafted Halberd Inlaid with a Gold Sunburst Pattern on the BladeModerateModerateLowFairlyFairlyAV627875MuspariShoipak's WeaponryTherengia
Sturdy short-hafted Halberd (2 hand)ModerateModerateFairFairlyFairlyFS406650TherenboroughTheren Keep, ArmoryTherengia
Two-Pronged HalberdModerateModerateLowFairlyFairlyMS1501750Stone ClanMuckele's HoyZoluren
HalberdModerateModerateLowFairlyFairlyAV62562CrossingMilgrym's WeaponsZoluren
TzeceHeavyHeavyLowFairlyFairlyAV65100000Leth DerielYithye's ShopZoluren
Slender KhujLowSevereHeavyPoorlyWellAV6218040Steelclaw ClanStruan's Weapons and ShieldsIlithi
Ebony-hafted Burnished Steel HalberdModerateModerateLowFairlyFairlyAV625592Blackthorn CanyonSutler's WagonIlithi
Blued-steel Halberd with a Mahogany Handle Inset with a MongooseModerateModerateLowFairlyFairlyAV627500RathaPaladin Guild ShopQi'Reshalia
Short Oak-hafted Halberd with a Flamberge BladeModerateModerateFairFairlyFairlyFS406500Rossman's LandingRossgallan Keep, Weaponsmith's ShopTherengia
Spiral-hafted Steel Halberd Etched with Ivy and Hawthorn BerriesModerateModerateFairFairlyFairlyFS406500Rossman's LandingRossgallan Keep, Weaponsmith's ShopTherengia
Bronze-inlaid Steel Halberd with a Polished Mistwood HaftModerateModerateFairFairlyFairlyFS407500Rossman's LandingRossgallan Keep, Weaponsmith's ShopTherengia
Severely Curved Steel Scythe with a Twisted Ironwood HaftFairHeavyFairFairlyReasonablyFS50CritterVile Plague WraithForfedhar
Wicked HalberdHeavyHeavyFairFairlyFairlyAV62 Boar Clan Forfehdar

To me there are 4 ultimate halberds, the lochaber axe/khuj and the tzece/wicked halberd. Which one you like best depends on your play style. Do you want extra umph, then use the lochaber axe/khuj. Which one of these you like better depends on if you want puncture damage with max slice or better overall stats with decent slice and max impact. Or, if you want something with a little bit of balance you will want to go for the tzece/wicked halberd. Though the wicked halbred is new, it clear outmatches the tzece in more impact and a slightly less weight. Plus I know it is significantly cheaper.

Until you feel like you can swing these massive weapons around with reasonable roundtime and fatigue, then I totally recommend a forged halberd, the sturdy short-hafted halberd, or one of the Rossman's halberds. If you need min roundtime then that's some significant strength and agility until you can move on up, but personally I am ok with medium RTs.

Nikpack
player of Celeiros

Climbing List:http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/Climbing_skill
Swimming List:http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/Swimming_skill

And while I am evil, I try to avoid being just plain mean.
-Z
Re: Looking for a Halberd 04/15/2008 09:04 AM CDT
Use the short hafted one from Rossmans until you have the strength to swing a bigger halbard. You are not going to be doing much damage anyway, so you need more swings IMO.

Good luck.

Madigan

True heroism is remarkably sober, very undramatic. It is not the urge to surpass all others at whatever cost, but the urge to serve others at whatever cost.

Arthur Ashe
Re: Looking for a Halberd 04/15/2008 09:04 AM CDT
I'm pretty sure the weight on the wicked halberd is wrong. I think it was 72 or 74 stones.

The Declaration of Independence grants Americans the right to pursue happiness, but if caught, you must return it to the pharmaceutical companies.
Re: Looking for a Halberd 04/15/2008 12:43 PM CDT
What I do like about Halbards is there, is at the top end, truly a selection of superior store bought weapons. While the majority of store bought ones are clones, between the short hafted one and the top ones, there is a range of weapons to grow with, without worrying about a one time fest/merchant or dealing exclusively with forged clone blandness.

"militantly enforcing the overly rigid standards of you and your small collection of friends"
Re: Looking for a Halberd 04/15/2008 01:11 PM CDT
Bought a wicked halberd from boar clan, I got no complaints...

V.
Re: Looking for a Halberd 04/15/2008 04:54 PM CDT
I keep getting V2.0 Sept 2007 with the Combat Equipment Compendium link in your name. It doesn't have the wicked halberd or other new weapons. Any newer links?
Re: Looking for a Halberd 04/15/2008 05:45 PM CDT
A partisan with a broad woodgrain-steel blade is a halberd pole-ranged weapon.

heavy puncture damage
heavy slice damage
fair impact damage

You are certain that the partisan is fairly balanced and is fairly suited to gaining extra attack power from your strength.

You are certain that the partisan is fairly sturdy, and is in pristine condition.

The partisan is made with metal.
You are confident that the partisan weighs about 60 stones.

As always, kudo's to Wabo for introducing me to this weapon.
___
~Ternith Sjomah

Yolesi snorts and says to you, "Looks like you've been on a samatak binge. That's illegal, even in these parts, and I don't want any part of that trouble."
Re: Looking for a Halberd 04/15/2008 05:59 PM CDT
Lodomn hefts the wicked halberd and puts it on the medium balance scale. He patiently adds small sacks of stones on the other side till the beam becomes exactly level.

Lodomn squints at the balance beam needle and says, "The halberd weighs about seventy-two stones," and puts the halberd on the counter.

Re: Looking for a Halberd 04/15/2008 06:07 PM CDT
Partisan is making me drool...

V.
Re: Looking for a Halberd 04/16/2008 03:31 AM CDT
<<Lodomn squints at the balance beam needle and says, "The halberd weighs about seventy-two stones," and puts the halberd on the counter.

Thanks, I was copying the tzece line for the list and mistyped the weight.

And the partisan from To the Teeth is awesome. I love that shop; too bad it's a fest shop.

Nikpack
player of Celeiros

-Z
Re: Looking for a Halberd 04/16/2008 07:29 AM CDT
>I keep getting V2.0 Sept 2007 with the Combat Equipment Compendium link in your name. It doesn't have the wicked halberd or other new weapons. Any newer links?

I don't host it, though I guess I could. I sent a new version to Kyn and Jauson, but they have yet to update their sites. Yell at them for me :)

Anyone else that want to host it, let me know I'll send you v. 2.5 via email.

~Hanryu Ves'Shomis
Sword of House Calibanor, Ambassador of the Ilithi Court, Emerald Knight, Keeper of the CEC, ... still a Ranger
Re: Looking for a Halberd 04/16/2008 07:46 AM CDT
I still wish a google doc worked for this. This is one of the most looked at files I have.

Nikpack
player of Celeiros

-Z
Re: Looking for a Halberd 04/16/2008 08:57 AM CDT
>>Partisan is making me drool...

Two types. Plain Pertisan that was just a Halberd. Same stats. Also a SWAPABLE Partisan that is a halberd and Spear? Or was it a QS. Also same stats. Both sold at same merchant at Shard fest few years back and than two years ltr at at christmas when same merchant visited Sea Caves.

Swapable one runs for around 100p if you can find one for sale. The non swapable one harder to find but much cheeper around 20 plat.
Re: Looking for a Halberd 04/16/2008 05:29 PM CDT
>Anyone else that want to host it, let me know I'll send you v. 2.5 via email.

Have you tried sending it to someone at Elanthipedia?

Re: Looking for a Halberd 04/16/2008 08:19 PM CDT
>Have you tried sending it to someone at Elanthipedia?

Creating tables on a Wiki absolutely sucks out of control. While it would be a great place for the compendium, the amount of conversion work would make Lanival cry acid tears and quit the game, letting Tiero win the Resistance war and Elf everything up, turning Dragonrealms into a text-based Elfwood -- and then the game becomes 44% Elf (Fairie Elf, not any other clan), 30% Prydaen, 15% Rakash, and 10% hugssnugglysmooches. And no one wants to live in that continuity.

Host it? Sure. Post it? Not on your life, unless you plan on doing a 40-hour week's worth of work.

- Someone who tried making some sort of a compendium-ish chart for Hum and spent about a day putting it together in a format where people had a full editing guide to follow, and burned himself out on Elanthipedia long enough to actually get wrapped up his school assignments.
Re: Looking for a Halberd 04/17/2008 04:41 AM CDT
Also in both instances, wiki or google docs, you lose the ability to sort, which is extremely helpful in finding what you want.

Nikpack
player of Celeiros

-Z
Re: Looking for a Halberd 04/17/2008 07:58 AM CDT
>Also a SWAPABLE[sic] Partisan that is a halberd and Spear? Or was it a QS.

QS:

>app part careful

A partisan with a broad woodgrain-steel blade is a halberd pole-ranged weapon.
heavy puncture damage
heavy slice damage
fair impact damage
You are certain that the partisan is fairly balanced and is fairly suited to gaining extra attack power from your strength.

A partisan with a broad woodgrain-steel blade is a quarter staff pole-ranged weapon.
fair puncture damage
moderate slice damage
great impact damage
You are certain that the partisan is poorly balanced and is fairly suited to gaining extra attack power from your strength.
You are certain that the partisan is fairly sturdy, and is practically in mint condition.
The partisan is made with metal.
You are certain that the partisan weighs exactly 65 stones.
You are certain that the partisan is worth exactly 43200 lirums.

-Vision et al

Also, I can shoot bees.
Re: Looking for a Halberd 04/17/2008 10:04 AM CDT
Love the partisan.

Madigan

True heroism is remarkably sober, very undramatic. It is not the urge to surpass all others at whatever cost, but the urge to serve others at whatever cost.

Arthur Ashe
Re: Looking for a Halberd 04/19/2008 12:15 PM CDT
The partisans look great, and comp just slightly better than those 37-stone weapons Ciressa was forging/selling (partisan of h/h/f f/f versus forged h/h/p f/f), a trade-off of impact for being a dozen stones lighter...just to help support a local, organic, free-trade, eco-friendly business. :) I use a Rayje-forged blade with the same qualities and love it - though had I the strength I may prefer the partisan or lochaber axe or something.
Re: Looking for a Halberd 04/19/2008 04:34 PM CDT
Here is an easy to find clone of the partisan. Its sold in the leth weapons shop

polished steel tzece is a halberd pole-ranged weapon.

heavy puncture damage
heavy slice damage
low impact damage

You are certain that the tzece is fairly balanced and is fairly suited to gaining extra attack power from your strength.

You are certain that the steel tzece is of average strength, and is in pristine condition.

The steel tzece is made with metal.
You are certain that the steel tzece weighs about 66 stones.
You are certain that the steel tzece is worth exactly 12500 kronars.
Roundtime: 16 seconds.

Biggest problem with this weapon is that for years the only thing that could hold it was are rare harness. I just tested and found at that it can be tied to the rucksack from Boreclan

Thanks,
Kleis
Re: Looking for a Halberd 04/19/2008 06:57 PM CDT
Ciressa doesn't forge, those are Rayje forged halberds.
Re: Looking for a Halberd 04/19/2008 10:52 PM CDT
>>Ciressa doesn't forge, those are Rayje forged halberds.
I knew that was going to happen. Sorry.
Re: Looking for a Halberd 04/20/2008 07:18 PM CDT
Nah it's okay, just wanted to clear it up.
Re: Looking for a Halberd 05/23/2008 10:32 AM CDT
anyone selling those scythes from plague wraiths? looking to take up halberd.
Re: Looking for a Halberd 05/23/2008 11:05 AM CDT
Aver has to bring an armor order up to Crossing today, tell me which character you play and she'll stop and grab one of those scythes for you first
Re: Looking for a Halberd 05/23/2008 12:16 PM CDT
izude, my AIM is montell19. Only 13 ranks of halberd =/
Re: Looking for a Halberd 05/25/2008 07:53 AM CDT
>izude, my AIM is montell19. Only 13 ranks of halberd =/

Unles you happen to be a big chap/gal and have plenty of STR/AGI to wield one of those Plague Wraith monstrosities I'd suggest the Theren store bought halberd the 40 stone one for training. Or can find a forged one around 34 stones. Real good for training purposes.
Re: Looking for a Halberd 05/30/2008 01:00 AM CDT
Anyone forging halberds these days? If so, how can I contact one of these folks.
Re: Looking for a Halberd 05/30/2008 02:44 AM CDT
Rayje does. They're sold in Haven by Ciressa for 16 plat lirum. 37 stones with heavy puncture and heavy slice. She's open on Tues, Thurs and one weekend day every week.