glaives 02/26/2008 12:36 PM CST
I've always liked the idea of fighting with a glaive and I recently ordered one from Rossman's Landing area, but it's not ready yet. I assume this is a halberd type weapon. Can anyone give me a good estimate on what my strength and stamina should be to effectively use most halberd type weapons? I'm an Elf with 24 Strength, 23 Stamina and 27 Agility. (These are my lowest stats and am training them up when I get enough TDP's)

Thanks for any info in advance. I also hear those scythe's from plague wraiths are nice (from this folder) but I don't know anyone who can kill them, and would want to go to Raven's Point to get me a scythe.

~Terra
Fire Dancer of Velaka
Re: glaives 02/26/2008 11:49 PM CST
If I remember correctly, the glaives from Rossman's appraise the same as a scythe but is about 10 stones heavier. I think you would be much better off using a short hafted halberd from Theren or one of the short hafted halberds from Rossman's if you want something fancier.

Mage: Its what for dinner.
Re: glaives 02/27/2008 07:22 AM CST
How many stones are they? Right now I'm fighting with a 50 stone weapon and don't mind it that much. I'm more in it for the flair. But playability remains an issue, so if it's super heavy, I'll take the route you suggest.

~Terra
Fire Dancer of Velaka
Re: glaives 02/27/2008 08:45 AM CST
The short hafted halberd is 40 stones but isnt pole ranged.

Mage: Its what for dinner.