Halberd Forging 06/10/2005 09:37 AM CDT
Looking to test out forging a halberd. If anyone has a mix for one gimme a shout at godsfang or email me at the play.net addy if you would. Thanks much.

~Ternith
___
Land of bear and land of eagle. Land that gave us birth and blessing. Land that calls us ever homeward. We will go home across the mountain. Hear our singing, hear longing. We will go home across the mountain.
Re: Halberd Forging 06/10/2005 12:55 PM CDT
<<So, are there any other halberd forgers out there? I need something in like the 40-50 stone range, preferably with mod or heavy slice.>>

I make a 38 stone m\m\l f\f average strength one, Prescious sells em for me out of the market tent in crossing. At around 50 stones I can make a h\h\l f\f one but it's somewhat flimsy so unless your using an arm worn shield and not parrying with it I wouldn't suggest it.

<<Ok, just want to make sure that forged halberd hit from pole. If they do, I'd like to commission one if I could.
I need it 41 stones or lighter, ground all the way for balance provided it doesn't take it below somewhat flimsy.>>

They do hit from pole. If I grind all the way for balance (9 grinds for me currently on a 40+ stoner) it'll end up somewhat flimsy and not hit reasonably balanced. Though if I take a 37 stone halberd and grind for balance I can only get a few grinds which would leave it average strength (I've been told there is probably a cap on balance which is why I can only get a few grinds on the lower weight more balanced ones but I dunno till I can hit reasonably)

I did IM you but had to split so if you still have it feel free if you want to talk about it (I'm not posting my IM) or my charecter lives in Ratha, or you can talk with Prescious she'll take custom orders for me.

<<Looking to test out forging a halberd. If anyone has a mix for one gimme a shout at godsfang or email me at the play.net addy if you would. Thanks much.>>

They truely aren't that different than other weapons Ternith, just use a mix from something else you make, same volume as a claymore.

Beliel
Halberd Forging 07/22/2009 05:58 PM CDT
If someone has a mix that is ready to go I can help. I am nearing my 500th rank in Halberds. I am currently over on Ratha.

Vagle
Re: Halberd Forging 07/22/2009 06:09 PM CDT
Ohh man that sounds great. Keep us posted on how it goes Vagle.

Khohan
Re: Halberd Forging 07/22/2009 09:45 PM CDT
I have a few mixes Vagle. Give me a hollar at DrevidDR on AIM.

Player of Drevid

http://www.phiiskeep.homestead.com/Barbarian.html

Cylons... why debugging matters.
Re: Halberd Forging 07/23/2009 08:45 AM CDT
Do you have to grind to get decent results with forged halberds?

~Hunter Hanryu
http://drplat.com/CombatEquipmentCompendium.xls
Tolle says, "Yup yup, 'bout time. What the heck took you so long?"
Re: Halberd Forging 07/23/2009 11:04 PM CDT
I just made a 61 stone halberd. Came out at Heavy/Heavy/Poor/Fairly/Fairly with Average Strength. This is after doing 6 point grinds and 5 edge grinds.

On a side note: It came off of the forge at moderate/moderate/low before any grinds. The head flipped to heavy/heavy/poor after 2 point and 2 edge grinds.

I will try out some other mixes over the weekend.

Vagle
Re: Halberd Forging 07/24/2009 12:04 AM CDT
Shame about the average strength.

Thanks for sharing the results though!

Khohan