Tzece 03/17/2005 07:31 PM CST
Would be it at all possible to allow a weapon strap to be put on the Tzece? I get the message that there is no room on the weapon, but being that it is a longer than average halberd, I find that hard to believe. Plus, I've found only one container that will hold one,(Belt worn claymore sheath). Tried greatsword sheaths, mesh harnesses, old quivers, and even large packs. Now that doesn't make it a very useful weapon if the only way to contain or wear the darn thing is with a super rare, super expensive sheath. Its a nice weapon and I'd hate to see it go to waste because of something like this. Thanks much.

~Malyck Taenrya
Of the Zoluren Dragoons
Tzece Container? 10/25/2008 11:41 PM CDT
This hasn't been brought up in about 3 years, but is there any information on common containers that can hold a tzece? I just had a GM go over mine and cannot get a weapon strap to fit on it, possibly due to the tzece being verbed he says.

I've had this thing for a long time and cannot remember if I had anything to carry it around before. I don't have the $ for any of the expensive rare containers which is why I'm wondering if anyone knows of store bought ones available now.
Re: Tzece Container? 10/26/2008 08:43 AM CDT
Hmm... tried tying it to one of those new Rucksacks you can tie weapons to?

Also the common Crossing backpack is supposedly big enough to carry halberds or some store bought bag I recall someone posing a while back.
Re: Tzece Container? 10/26/2008 11:00 AM CDT
Tarlon, I have the same issue with my atapwi (QS) from Leth not being able to go on weapon straps. Try a morawen. Put it on the morawen, it's the only thing I've found to work.

- Terra
_______
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -George Carlin
>chant pyre
Re: Tzece Container? 10/27/2008 03:50 AM CDT
I tried a Traveler's Pack and a Canvas Carryall with no results. I didn't think to try the normal backpack from Crossing because I assumed it was smaller than both the pack & carryall. I'll try one.

Where can I find the new Rucksack and a Morawen?

Tollanthas
Re: Tzece Container? 10/27/2008 07:41 AM CDT
> Where can I find the new Rucksack and a Morawen?

Rucksacks are form a shop in the ranger guild in boar clan (is it ranger only?).

The Morawen comes from a specialty merchant.

~Hanryu Ves'Shomis
Sword of House Calibanor, Emerald Knight, Keeper of the CEC, Ranger
http://drplat.com/CombatEquipmentCompendium.xls
55/7/5 - 30 days
Re: Tzece Container? 10/27/2008 04:02 PM CDT
I probably have a Morawen tucked away.

- Mazrian

The Flying Company
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d194/huldahspal/flyingcompany.png
Re: Tzece Container? 10/28/2008 12:37 AM CDT
I found a container! On one of my "sleeping" characters I had an old rucksack that the tzece fits in. Mentioning the rucksack gave me an idea to check my old characters.

Thanks again for the help! :)

Tollanthas
Re: Tzece Container? 11/01/2008 07:40 PM CDT
Any of you who can't get to the fest intrested in the following? The app seems really darn good.

A serrated bone-white scythe hung with a pair of sluagh claws is a halberd pole-ranged weapon.

You are certain that it could do:
fair puncture damage
heavy slice damage
fair impact damage

You are certain that the scythe is fairly balanced and is reasonably suited to gaining extra attack power from your strength.

You are certain that the bone-white scythe is fairly sturdy, and is in pristine condition.

The bone-white scythe is made with metal.

-Serc

"Moon Mages have already been given some of the most ridiculously powerful magic in the game, third only to Warrior Mages and Barbarians" -Armifer
Re: Tzece Container? 11/03/2008 08:38 PM CST
>A serrated bone-white scythe hung with a pair of sluagh claws is a halberd pole-ranged weapon.

Same as the free scythes dropped by plague wraiths.

Jagermeister is pulling your strings
Coyote ugly girl of your dreams
Blinded by booze, you cant see a thing
Puddles of puke either purple or green
Meister!
Meister!
Re: Tzece Container? 11/04/2008 01:38 PM CST
Ah. Okay. Wasn't sure. Just hear that halberds are a generaly unloved weapon and that has a pretty decent app on it, so I thought i'd mention it.

-Serc

"Moon Mages have already been given some of the most ridiculously powerful magic in the game, third only to Warrior Mages and Barbarians" -Armifer
Re: Tzece Container? 11/04/2008 03:43 PM CST
For the price/weight, I love the short-hafted halberd. The partisan is still the best out there IMO.

Madigan

When soldiers have been baptized in the fire of a battle-field, they have all one rank in my eyes.
Napoleon Bonaparte
Re: Tzece Container? 11/04/2008 03:58 PM CST
>For the price/weight, I love the short-hafted halberd. The partisan is still the best out there IMO.

I still can't decide between the khuj and the partisan. The balance on the partisan is nice for sure, but the khuj gets a lot of one shot kills.
Re: Tzece Container? 11/04/2008 04:44 PM CST
I haven't played with the partisan, but the damage I am able to do with the Khuj continues to amaze me. It is probably the only reason I train halbard at all.

"militantly enforcing the overly rigid standards of you and your small collection of friends"
Re: Tzece Container? 11/05/2008 12:06 AM CST
>For the price/weight, I love the short-hafted halberd. The partisan is still the best out there IMO.

Yep. Its a very underrated weapon with at least a dozen or so variations if you want to look fancy. The partisan only has about a 5 point stat increase over the SHH.

Jagermeister is pulling your strings
Coyote ugly girl of your dreams
Blinded by booze, you cant see a thing
Puddles of puke either purple or green
Meister!
Meister!
Re: Tzece Container? 11/05/2008 07:48 AM CST
> The balance on the partisan is nice for sure, but the khuj gets a lot of one shot kills.

Having used both, this is my experience as well. Even with equal or greater Agility.

~Hanryu Ves'Shomis
http://drplat.com/CombatEquipmentCompendium.xls
"But I say if you're going going to eat a creature alive, you have to expect some screaming. That is the carnivore's burden."
35/14/0 - 19 days
Re: Tzece Container? 11/05/2008 08:12 AM CST
The partisan takes the cake for me as it's a QS as well. QS side, hide advance, ambush stun, melee, swap to halberd, kill.

One kill two weapons. And working BS with a partisan is just too kewl.

Leuc
Re: Tzece Container? 11/06/2008 05:02 PM CST
>Yep. Its a very underrated weapon with at least a dozen or so variations if you want to look fancy. The partisan only has about a 5 point stat increase over the SHH.

I'd too lazy to figure out if this is actually true, but it is completely misleading. The short-hafted halberd is a fun little toy, but it doesn't compare at all to the khuj. Not even in the same ballpark.

>Having used both, this is my experience as well. Even with equal or greater Agility.

Yep. 36 strength, 80 agility here.
Re: Tzece Container? 11/07/2008 10:25 PM CST
>I'd too lazy to figure out if this is actually true, but it is completely misleading. The short-hafted halberd is a fun little toy, but it doesn't compare at all to the khuj. Not even in the same ballpark.

I was comparing it with the swappable partisan and the tzece (35 mod slice/puncture vs 40 heavy slice/puncture)

The lochaber axe and khuj are completely different beasts.

Magic is not a crutch. Its just something Mages need to get through life.