Charged Combat Maneuvers 07/07/2021 12:32 AM CDT
I've just rolled some changes to Charged Combat Maneuvers. Most notably, they are no longer charged. I've removed the charge up time, and they are now referred to as Advanced Combat Maneuvers in the MANEUVER HELP entries.

In addition, each maneuver is strong against one type of defense, noted in its MANEUVER HELP entry. This was previously not working for most of them, but should be working now. Some of them were also incorrectly listed, but are now correct in the MANEUVER HELP entry.

Javac
That one guy

If you have questions or comments in regard to this post please email me at DR-JAVAC@play.net.
Re: Charged Combat Maneuvers 07/07/2021 03:43 AM CDT
Thanks for this change, really appreciate the removal of the lead time to perform the maneuvers.

Question for `maneuver help powershot`, it says "This preparation includes the necessary aim time" -- does that mean it assumes we've done a full aim before performing the maneuver, or, does it mean that the maneuver behaves as if you had fully aimed?
Re: Charged Combat Maneuvers 07/07/2021 06:41 AM CDT
Fantastic! Is there a damage scale that the descriptor text is based off? I notice some say extraordinary and some moves use the word exceptional. Is that just flavor or is one potentially doing more extra damage than the other?

~Hunter Hanryu
>I would like to avoid the collection of broken dreams and sorrow that is the Ranger guild.~Agalea
Re: Charged Combat Maneuvers 07/07/2021 08:58 AM CDT
>>Question for `maneuver help powershot`, it says "This preparation includes the necessary aim time" -- does that mean it assumes we've done a full aim before performing the maneuver, or, does it mean that the maneuver behaves as if you had fully aimed?

The maneuver is instant-aim, basically. Not sure how the accuracy compares to full aim but you do not need to aim then maneuver, trying such will interrupt your aim.
Re: Charged Combat Maneuvers 07/08/2021 06:20 AM CDT
I did try Maneuver Cleave last night while I had a character out hunting onyx gargs. The critter went from perfect health to 7/10. I didn't check the experience gained from it. Great for clearing an area in a hurry if I had to!

Player of...

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy