Weapon Experience++ 06/05/2021 11:08 PM CDT
I've rolled a change that will speed up weapon experience when you hit. This is live everywhere.

Javac
That one guy

If you have questions or comments in regard to this post please email me at DR-JAVAC@play.net.
Re: Weapon Experience++ 06/06/2021 11:40 AM CDT
Definitely an appreciable improvement. Thank you!
Re: Weapon Experience++ 06/07/2021 09:51 AM CDT
Is there any chance Conviction could be rolled into this change somehow?

It was already slow to train given the once/minute restriction currently on the skill. Now in comparison with how quickly weapons train, conviction is... pretty rough to train.
Re: Weapon Experience++ 06/20/2021 12:17 AM CDT
I'm really hoping anything that trains by hitting with a weapon can be included. Offhand weapons is another one that trains like it used. If you take a dagger put it in your off hand and train with it, your small edged skill will be locked before your off-hand is even half way to locked.

It's driving my ocd crazy.
Re: Weapon Experience++ 06/20/2021 07:15 AM CDT
I'm kind of torn on whether to say anything at all, but here it goes...

Could we get a smidge of a bump to melee mastery? If you are higher up or train all weapons, then you don't really notice the "penalty". However, if you are a new character and only train like 3 melee weapons, you can never get melee mastery locked before the other three are locked. I don't really have the problem with missile mastery, just melee.

Here is a snippet of hunting in Sand Sprites:

Small Edged: 44 73% intrigued (16/34) Large Edged: 43 46% very riveted (29/34)
Large Blunt: 41 19% absorbing (15/34) Bow: 43 76% fascinated (25/34)
Heavy Thrown: 42 17% very riveted (29/34) Offhand Weapon: 42 22% very riveted (29/34)
Melee Mastery: 44 85% attentive (10/34) Missile Mastery: 40 34% very focused (21/34)

As you can see, my missile after training bow and heavy thrown are okay. But I started out with small edged until it was locked, then I moved to large edge until it was locked, and now I am in the middle of large blunt, but my melee mastery is only at 10/34.

I understand that this may be working as intended, since some people have a 200-300 gap between primary weapon and melee mastery. But if you are training multiple weapons (but not all weapons), I would think you should lock your melee mastery quicker.

Is anyone else experiencing this with low characters?

Ciles
Re: Weapon Experience++ 06/20/2021 07:28 AM CDT

Sorry for the double post - I should add this is a weapon secondary character - IE a thief.

Ciles