re: weapon and/or shield in hand when dying 08/28/2017 09:08 PM CDT

I have been told by sources whom I'm not sure whether or not to trust that if one dies these days with a weapon in hand - "death hand" - it does not fall on the ground. I am not particularly inclined to believe this because the individual who said it (not in-game) had his credibility questioned and, well, aren't bonding potions still being sold?

Scuse the possibly silly question. Came back a few weeks ago and haven't died yet.
re: weapon and/or shield in hand when dying 08/28/2017 09:58 PM CDT
>I'm not sure whether or not to trust that if one dies these days with a weapon in hand - "death hand" - it does not fall on the ground. I am not particularly inclined to believe this because the individual who said it (not in-game) had his credibility questioned and, well, aren't bonding potions still being sold?

Death’s Grip
* You will now keep hold of any items you had in your hands at the time of your death! This is standard, and there is nothing you need to do to activate it.

Here's the original post announcement:

http://forums.play.net/forums/DragonRealms/Discussions%20with%20DragonRealms%20Staff%20and%20Players/Game%20Master%20and%20Official%20Announcements/view/1402