Effect of holding an offhand weapon on parry 11/10/2008 12:19 PM CST
Does anyone know if holding a weapon in your offhand has any effect on your ability to parry?

It would be understandable that if you were proficient in ME and held a HE weapon in your off hand that you would not be able to parry with it effectively.

But if I hold two ME weapons, does it not make sense that I should be able to parry more effectively than if I was holding just one? (off hand skill permitting)
Re: Effect of holding an offhand weapon on parry 11/10/2008 01:02 PM CST
<<Does anyone know if holding a weapon in your offhand has any effect on your ability to parry?>>

you can't parry with the weapon that is in the off hand. parry only checks the right hand. To test this have nothing in your right hand (no parry stick worn either) and hold a weapon in the off hand.

So to answer your question, it has no effect on parrying with your weapon in the right hand. When dual wield comes about this might change.

Yamcer

"You know, while I understand the importance of seeing the (personal) validity in other's arguments, it's impossible for me to believe fully that others are correct. If their argument was correct, I'd change mine." - My GF