Advice on what crossbow to use 11/24/2016 11:14 AM CST
I'm currently using a fest stonebow with a senci shard for crossbow training. Should I look into buy a player crafted crossbow with the new bolts that are craftable if I wanted to increase my DPS vs what I'm using now?

Thanks
Re: Advice on what crossbow to use 11/24/2016 04:20 PM CST
If you can afford the rare-wood varieties of both ammo and crossbow than the jump in learning will be significant.

I'd have to know the appraisal of your current crossbow to know if a "normal" crossbow and basilisk arrows would be an improvement.
Re: Advice on what crossbow to use 11/24/2016 04:47 PM CST
Crafted crossbows/bolts are well worth the investment.

Speaking personally, I prefer the heavier, arbalest style on characters that can buff Crossbows, and more balanced types for those who can't. Stonebows trade some 'umph' for ammo ease.

Samsaren
Re: Advice on what crossbow to use 11/24/2016 07:07 PM CST
Thanks for the information! I have the money to upgrade to player crafted gear but since there are so many options, I wasn't sure what would be best for me. Without using sorcery, I don't have access to a crossbow buff. I also have Gray Raven repeater but I was not using it because I heard increased load time didn't make efficient compared to other crossbows.

This is what I'm using now:

A carved ebony stonebow with black leather sling is a light crossbow type weapon.
A carved ebony stonebow with black leather sling trains the crossbow skill.

The ebony stonebow is well designed for improving the force of your attacks.

You are certain that the stonebow is reasonably balanced and is reasonably suited for adding attack power from its draw strength.

You are certain that the ebony stonebow is appreciably susceptible to damage, and is in pristine condition.

It appears that the ebony stonebow can be slung over one shoulder

You count some senci stone shards in your hand and see there are five left.

You are certain that it could do:
no puncture damage
somewhat heavy slice damage
great impact damage
no fire damage
no cold damage
no electric damage

You are certain that the stone shards are of average construction, and are in pristine condition.
Re: Advice on what crossbow to use 11/24/2016 11:54 PM CST
My personal choice is the latchbow, a lighter crossbow, because it is higher in DPS, and I believe for this reason it trains a little faster.

Per Kodius, lighter = higher DPS and heavier = bigger single hits and greater chances to stun.

- Navesi