Prev_page Previous 1
New Crossbow Stats 09/07/2015 11:54 AM CDT
Howdy folks. Been working some more on the new crossbow numbers. I am challenged to find a home for repeaters that is fair and balanced.

Further complicating efforts is the RT reduction crossbows get from skill and stats.

LC - 2 seconds
HC - 3 seconds
Arb - 6 seconds

The size of this reduction makes it impossible to balance crossbows. There's just no way to do it. Either crossbows are horrible pre-500 ranks, or they are awesome post-500 ranks. The only way to fix this is to reduce the RTs across the board and likewise remove the RT reduction from stat/skill.

So this is what I am proposing:

* Stats/skills gives a % chance for a 1 second load reduction. More stats/skill, more chance of the reduction.
* Lower load times across the board for new crossbows
* Increase damage multiplier of new crossbows a bit

For load times I'll show them as Base / With Stat-skill reduction / With out-of-hand load reduction

Damage modifiers are made up, but reflective of the magnitudes we are talking about.

So in today's world we have a forester LC. It has a load time of 9/7/6. It does 100% damage modifier.

In the new system we'd have a forester LC. It has a load time of 7/5/4. It does 120% damage modifier.

So this lightest-crossbow then acts quite similar to a new capped composite bow. Similar stats, load times and function.

My goal is to have all the bow types overlap a bit to give more flexibility to players' RP/playstyle choices. And this accomplishes it.

In today's system we have a heavy xbow. It has a load time of 12/9/8. It does 120% damage modifier.

In the new system we have a heavy xbow. It has a load time of 9/8/7. It does 133% damage modifier.

And arbalests... they have load time of 18/12/11. They do 150% damage modifier.
In the new system they have load time of 11/10/9. They do 155% damage modifier.

Load + Aim + Fire times (assuming loading from container)

5 + 6 + 1 = 12 seconds for new lightest LC

8 + 6 + 1 = 15 seconds for new middle HC

10 + 6 + 1 = 17 seconds for new middle Arb

DPS comes out to

120% / 12 = 10% /second

140% / 15 = 9.3% /second

155% / 17 = 9.1% / second

Harder-hitting weapons penetrate armor more effectively. So DPS decreases slightly with harder hitting weapons to compensate for this. There are also factors such as having pre-loaded the weapon and alpha-striking a target that factor into how much damage it should do per second.

So ultimately the goals for NEW crossbows are:

Faster loading xbows
Slightly higher xbow damage
Some overlap with composite bows
Wider range of crossbow options
Get the DPS curve back in line somewhat

What remains an issue is what to do with the 14-bolt repeaters that break DPS calculations. I am inclined to leave them alone. They'll continue to operate with the same damage, load times and everything. But we'd remove them from the loot piles and let them atrophy over time.

New repeaters would exist, but they'd be designed with balance in mind.

Any thoughts on all this before I begin pushing the new templates into the system? Thanks!

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
Re: New Crossbow Stats 09/07/2015 12:37 PM CDT

sounds terrific! flat tax rt reduction

one thing, crossbows are among the more beautiful weapons in the game.
how many folks wear them because they look cool?

will there be aesthetic differences in crafted xbows besides template and wood type? stock type, pulleys ect ect.

will the actual weight of the xbows tie into their peformance? or just be formulated from desnity and be arbitrary? (im not sure how they factor in now soldiers arb weight 180 and has better stats than mountain arb at 200)
Re: New Crossbow Stats 09/07/2015 12:39 PM CDT

and I figure that these implements would effect future store/shop/loot xbows as well?
Re: New Crossbow Stats 09/07/2015 01:08 PM CDT
>>will there be aesthetic differences in crafted xbows besides template and wood type? stock type, pulleys ect ect.

You'll also have some aesthetic differences added from enchancing the crossbows.

Artistry will add custom stocks, painting, engraving and more. The design Codex is kind of a peek at how we'll handle adding designs to things with Artistry.

Enchanting will add some supernatural effects.

But ultimately to get things truly how you want them you'll need an alteration. And that is fine, it is why they exist :)

I just don't have the resources to go crazy spending 6 months adding thousands of appearance variations. The system we have is very flexible, and things will be added over time. Just not in the first release.

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
Re: New Crossbow Stats 09/07/2015 01:10 PM CDT
Crossbow weight will not affect performance. Though just like with the other systems, heavier woods will often tend to favor more durability and arbalests will be heavier than light crossbows.

I'll be adding ways for GMs to easily create crossbows/bolts using the new templates for use with future shops/auctions/prizes.

Re: New Crossbow Stats 09/07/2015 01:11 PM CDT
What about the most important crossbows of them all, stonebows!?

https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Weapon:Simply_carved_maple_stonebow_with_a_bright_blue_leather_sling

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: New Crossbow Stats 09/07/2015 01:27 PM CDT
Yup, stonebows are in there too.

My plan for them is:

Slings (Tailoring)
Staffslings (Where should these go!??)
Stonebows (tinkering)

Slings having load times of 1,2,3
Staffslings having load times of 3,4,5
Stonebows having load times of 5,6,7

Re: New Crossbow Stats 09/07/2015 01:38 PM CDT
>Staffslings (Where should these go!??)

Shaping?

The Kasto mimic abruptly solidifies, looking very much like Kasto.
>
You say, "What a handsome fellow you are!"
Re: New Crossbow Stats 09/07/2015 02:18 PM CDT
>>Shaping?

I'm leaning more toward tailoring. Unless I'm totally misunderstanding how they look/function (entirely possible), it's more like a sling attached to a long haft than a bow. I think the staff is more like attaching a pole or a hilt to a weapon than anything else.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: New Crossbow Stats 09/07/2015 02:34 PM CDT
>I'm leaning more toward tailoring. Unless I'm totally misunderstanding how they look/function (entirely possible), it's more like a sling attached to a long haft than a bow. I think the staff is more like attaching a pole or a hilt to a weapon than anything else.

Yeah, there's two ways to go about it. You could consider that the pole is made shaping and then you'd assemble a sling to it. Or that the sling is made through tailoring and then you'd assemble it with a pole.

The Kasto mimic abruptly solidifies, looking very much like Kasto.
>
You say, "What a handsome fellow you are!"
Re: New Crossbow Stats 09/07/2015 04:14 PM CDT
>>DR-Kodius: Any thoughts on all this before I begin pushing the new templates into the system? Thanks!

That sounds good to me.

Will repeaters be player-made?

>>DR-Kodius: What remains an issue is what to do with the 14-bolt repeaters that break DPS calculations. I am inclined to leave them alone. They'll continue to operate with the same damage, load times and everything. But we'd remove them from the loot piles and let them atrophy over time.

If the 14-bolt repeaters are that unbalanced, you might consider reducing their damage a bit in addition to removing them from future loot.

Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall rank!

Vote for DragonRealms on Top MUD Sites: http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: New Crossbow Stats 09/07/2015 04:44 PM CDT
>So this lightest-crossbow then acts quite similar to a new capped composite bow. Similar stats, load times and function.

Would it be better to have an extra 1 second of RT for the lightest crossbow set just to account for 'full use of shield' benefits?

Otherwise, you end up with no real reason to use composite over crossbow.
Re: New Crossbow Stats 09/07/2015 05:23 PM CDT
>>Badgopher: Would it be better to have an extra 1 second of RT for the lightest crossbow set just to account for 'full use of shield' benefits? Otherwise, you end up with no real reason to use composite over crossbow.

I think the overlap is intended to give people different RP/playstyle options without locking them into one choice or another for mechanical reasons.

"My goal is to have all the bow types overlap a bit to give more flexibility to players' RP/playstyle choices. And this accomplishes it." --Armifer

Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall rank!

Vote for DragonRealms on Top MUD Sites: http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: New Crossbow Stats 09/07/2015 05:29 PM CDT
> I think the overlap is intended to give people different RP/playstyle options without locking them into one choice or another for mechanical reasons.

Yes, but the issue is that if there's an overlap in all relevant numbers except for the fact that crossbow pairs better with shield, then crossbow Pareto dominates bow on that overlap.
Re: New Crossbow Stats 09/07/2015 05:41 PM CDT
>>Staffslings (Where should these go!??)

I say tailoring. That way each of the three missile type weapons are created through the use of their respective crafting discipline to keep things even. I.e. all sling-type weapons are tailoring, all bow-type weapons are shaping, and all crossbow-type weapons are tinkering.

Elanthipedia - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Main_Page
Epedia Admins - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Elanthipedia:Administrators
Re: New Crossbow Stats 09/07/2015 06:11 PM CDT
"""What remains an issue is what to do with the 14-bolt repeaters that break DPS calculations. I am inclined to leave them alone. They'll continue to operate with the same damage, load times and everything. But we'd remove them from the loot piles and let them atrophy over time."""

Can you explain how they break DPS calculations?

If they will atrophy...can you organize a 'buy back' program where people can turn their's in for a 'new style' 5-10 repeater instead?
Re: New Crossbow Stats 09/07/2015 07:26 PM CDT
Kodius,

I personally have always been a huge fan of the stat/skill based ability to decrease your load on a crossbow. I would love to see it applied to bows as well honestly. But that's me. I'm big on a dash more realism though.

So currently from my previous notes we are looking at the following...

LX

No minimum strength requirement.

First Reduction:
35 Agility, combination of strength/agility 60, 250 ranks

Second Reduction:
60 Agility, combination of strength/agility 110, 500 ranks

HX (non-arbalest type)

First Reduction:
30 Strength, combination of strength/agility 60, 200 ranks

Second Reduction:
45 Strength, combination of strength/agility 80, 350 ranks

Third Reduction:
60 Strength, combination of strength/agility 110, 500 ranks

HX (arbalest type)

First Reduction:
25 Strength, combination of strength/agility 40, 150 ranks

Second Reduction:
35 Strength, combination of strength/agility 60, 250 ranks

Third Reduction:
45 Strength, combination of strength/agility 80, 350 ranks

Fourth Reduction:
55 Strength, combination of strength/agility 100, 450 ranks

I would propose perhaps instead spreading it out more? I've worked a long time for my reductions and as a crossbow user I'd sure hate to lose them. To me personally it makes sense that I should be able to move faster and load quicker. I would even go so far to say that perhaps crossbows would be more STR weighted than AGI based and if you'd consider a similar program for bows, the opposite in that they'd be more AGI than STR. So perhaps a minimum req for each. I'd also do a flat 3 reductions for each template. For instance...

LX

First Reduction:
35 Strength, combination of strength/agility 60, 250 ranks

Second Reduction:
55 Strength, combination of strength/agility 100, 500 ranks

Third Reduction:
75 Strength, combination of strength/agility 125, 750 ranks

HX (non-arbalest type)

First Reduction:
40 Strength, combination of strength/agility 70, 250 ranks

Second Reduction:
60 Strength, combination of strength/agility 110, 500 ranks

Third Reduction:
80 Strength, combination of strength/agility 135, 750 ranks

HX (arbalest type)

First Reduction:
50 Strength, combination of strength/agility 90, 250 ranks

Second Reduction:
70 Strength, combination of strength/agility 130, 500 ranks

Third Reduction:
90 Strength, combination of strength/agility 155, 750 ranks

I think that still gives people something to shoot for (pun intended), as well as keeping things fairly realistic.

I would apply the same to repeaters (new and old), allowing you to shave your time off of the actual load. And I'd let them fall out through attrition. (REALLY missing my wicked old 5/6 forresters these days).

Monster Elec

You hear the distant echo of a savage Horde snarling in barbaric disapproval of your deeds.
Re: New Crossbow Stats 09/07/2015 07:55 PM CDT
>> I think the overlap is intended to give people different RP/playstyle options without locking them into one choice or another for mechanical reasons.

>Yes, but the issue is that if there's an overlap in all relevant numbers except for the fact that crossbow pairs better with shield, then crossbow Pareto dominates bow on that overlap.

That seems like an excellent reason to revisit shield penalties with bow use.

As for the loss of the RT reduction for crossbows, the new RTs Kodius put up are, across the board, as fast or faster than the old RTs with capped reduction.
Re: New Crossbow Stats 09/07/2015 10:00 PM CDT
>>If they will atrophy.

I never said anything about atrophying. I said I wasn't planning on touching them and just removing them from future runs.

Re: New Crossbow Stats 09/07/2015 10:12 PM CDT
>>I think that still gives people something to shoot for (pun intended), as well as keeping things fairly realistic.

My proposal still keeps 1 second of RT reduction for stat/skills. But anything more than that is completely impossible to provide a balanced combat system with. You are unfortunately not the best person to provide an opinion of this because you've already reached the milestone. You won't be the one receiving the penalty or using the inferior higher-rt crossbow weapons for 100 circles.

In an ideal world stick bows would have had a higher base RT and stat/skill reduction milestones as well. But adding them in after-the-fact would have upset everyone more than giving everyone the RT reduction that crossbows had - plus an additional reduction.

>>shields

I need to think about what to do with shields.

Re: New Crossbow Stats 09/07/2015 10:22 PM CDT
>>Can you explain how they break DPS calculations?

Just to be thorough....

I'm talking about PvP, events, boss-fights and other short-duration combat settings. In PvE I can see them being less attractive due to the overall-longer RTs involved.

Normal heavy crossbow is something like an 8 second load, 6 second aim, 1 second fire. This is 15 seconds total.

A pre-loaded repeater reloads in 3 seconds. This takes only 10 seconds total. You increase the DPS by 50% for those 14 shots. Most PvP is over by the time you've fired 14 times assuming each bolt is doing at least 6% of health (as damage will increase as damage is done).

Killing a player with a normal crossbow would take 15 * 14 = 210 seconds
Killing a player with a 14-shot repeater takes 10 * 14 = 140 seconds

This is a remarkable difference!

New repeaters will likely function identically to old repeaters, but with a lower cap on the maximum shots. So no... no need for trade ins.

Re: New Crossbow Stats 09/07/2015 10:26 PM CDT

-- 14X Repeaters

I don't see a problem at all. They were approved in the old system, why not just leave them in and update for the new system? The whole point of repeaters is to allow them to be loaded pre-combat. Once all the bolts are used, they become "worse" then regular crossbows.

11 sec load
3 sec chamber
6 sec aim
1 sec fire

If you are saying the "14x" break combat, and not the "5x"? Then... whats to stop me from getting two 5x crossbows? It seems like a somewhat arbitrary decision when there is already items that allow you to carry as many repeaters as you want. If someone wants the "14x repeater" dps, they can easily get it. Hell, carrying 7x "forester crossbows" is BETTER then a repeater because there is no "load chamber" RT.

Please, lets retain some flavor in the game and update repeaters and not leave anything out in the dust. It's extremely extremely frustrating having cool items get swept away by your updates. You see it as atrophy but those of us using the items or that have them don't see it that way.

-- Rest of the issues

I completely disagree that you should have crossbows overlap with bows. We already have enough overlap! It's crazy. We need more unique items, not more same same same templates. I can already barely tell the difference between battle shortbows and certain longbows. We already have 8 sec comp bows.

I'd like to keep the 10/11 sec RT and have higher damage to compensate.

-- For load times I'll show them as Base / With Stat-skill reduction / With out-of-hand load reduction

For the love of god, please don't use "out of hand load reduction" in any of your weapon balance calculations. It is extremely tedious trying to "hand load", it just shouldn't be used in weapon balance calculations unless there are some QOL improvements planned. All of the good handload options are extremely gimmick or just silly.

-- % chance reduction

I hate % chance reduction. It's annoying on bows and hard to tell if its even working. Or its like 20% and ... well pointless. I much prefer the stat system as it sets a goal for myself to head towards. % chance reduction isn't much of a goal. It just doesn't have the same "oopmh" or "impact."
Re: New Crossbow Stats 09/07/2015 10:34 PM CDT

--Templates

I should point out that I suppose having overlapping templates at the lower end doesn't really matter as long as the mid/upper end templates still retain a lot of their unique characteristics.

I just worry for having so many templates being so similar. But I suppose if its not very much work to just add more templates having MORE can't hurt, as long as it doesn't detract from the overall crossbow feeling.

I hope that makes sense.

Thanks!
Re: New Crossbow Stats 09/07/2015 10:38 PM CDT

>> A pre-loaded repeater reloads in 3 seconds. This takes only 10 seconds total. You increase the DPS by 50% for those 14 shots. Most PvP is over by the time you've fired 14 times assuming each bolt is doing at least 6% of health (as damage will increase as damage is done).

>> Killing a player with a normal crossbow would take 15 * 14 = 210 seconds
>> Killing a player with a 14-shot repeater takes 10 * 14 = 140 seconds

People can and do already do this with single crossbows in varying quantities, 4x, 5x, 6x, 7x, or however many they want, and can and will do this with 4x/5x/6x repeaters. No need to dump the 14x repeaters or not update them because you are concerned about DPS.
Re: New Crossbow Stats 09/07/2015 10:39 PM CDT
>>They were approved in the old system

I think that's the point. They were approved in an old system. New systems come around, they might not be as good to have.

>>why not just leave them in and update for the new system?

Like all weapons previously released in the game, they're not going anywhere. From what I've read so far, they're just not going to have new ones that let you shoot 10+ bolts in a row released in the system via quests/auctions/etc.

>>Then... whats to stop me from getting two 5x crossbows?

IMO, this is less likely to justify 10x+ repeaters and more likely to justify rethinking how many loaded crossbows someone can wear at once.

>> You see it as atrophy but those of us using the items or that have them don't see it that way.

AFAIK, those repeaters aren't changing (short of how stat-based loading RT reductions work, probably, I guess). There might just be more attractive options in the future. I think that when Kodius said atrophy, he meant in the sense that, as time goes on, items just naturally attrition out of the game, like when a player stop playing.

Re: New Crossbow Stats 09/07/2015 10:41 PM CDT

<<I don't see a problem at all. They were approved in the old system, why not just leave them in and update for the new system?>>

Isn't that exactly what was said? Did I miss something?
Re: New Crossbow Stats 09/07/2015 10:43 PM CDT
>>Isn't that exactly what was said? Did I miss something?

I think there's a misunderstanding that old repeaters are going to explode vs just not be released anymore.

Re: New Crossbow Stats 09/07/2015 10:45 PM CDT

>> I think that when Kodius said atrophy, he meant in the sense that, as time goes on, items just naturally attrition out of the game, like when a player stop playing.

It's not going to happen like this. If he doesn't update the 14x repeaters they are going in a bucket. People will simply swap over to the new 4x, 5x, 6x, repeaters to use the new mechanics.

It's not like there is any fights that last 14 bolts anyways. It's just a cool factor that is going to be torched.

>> I think that's the point. They were approved in an old system. New systems come around, they might not be as good to have.

It seems his main point is the DPS increase from being able to fire 14 bolts with a 3 sec load time. That currently exists in the old system. What he is afraid of in the new system. So he won't update it as a way to "unapprove" it and cause it to be atrophied out of the game.

>> Like all weapons previously released in the game, they're not going anywhere.

Yup. Bucket fodder.
Re: New Crossbow Stats 09/07/2015 10:52 PM CDT
<<I don't see a problem at all. They were approved in the old system, why not just leave them in and update for the new system?>>

>> Isn't that exactly what was said? Did I miss something?

He said he's not going to update them for the new system. Assuming the new system is more favorable then the old system (because hes worried about DPS), they will largely become obsolete in favor of the 4x/5x/6x repeaters.

This will simply be the case of "lets release subpar items with a cool twist" and then... no one uses them. For example, Grey Raven Guard Ring. It does cool things, yet the templates are inferior so it doesn't get used.

If the smaller versions of repeaters are "better", people will not use the 14x repeater just because it has more ammo. They will use the harder hitting/more accurate/less RT templates.

Esp. considering the 4,500 scrip price.
Re: New Crossbow Stats 09/07/2015 10:53 PM CDT
To be fair, my proposed calculations would have penalized my character plenty.

But most importantly, it would have been more realistic. Quite unlike your 1 second load bows. And no, I don't care about upsetting the masses. You are an authority figure who is designing for game balance. Who cares if people cry. They'll get over it. Things need to be inline. You don't create another system out of whack just because one already is. But whatever. I'll not bother again.

Monster Elec

You hear the distant echo of a savage Horde snarling in barbaric disapproval of your deeds.
Re: New Crossbow Stats 09/08/2015 12:09 AM CDT
>>Assuming the new system is more favorable then the old system

Assumptions tend to be problematic :/

If the old repeaters are overpowered, why would new repeaters be even better?

I'm suggesting we would leave them alone and not upset players that spent good money on them.

Old Repeater - 14 shots, 8-second load, 3-second change, 150% damage bonus.

New Repeater - 7 shots, 7-second load, 3-second change, 140% damage bonus.

Something like that....

If it is possible to abuse crossbow loading in fun and creative ways, I'll look at how we might eliminate it. Either through limiting the # that can be worn or by adding RT when using GET/STOW with a loaded repeater (so you don't accidentally shoot yourself with it).

This is all for a good reason. Game balance is important. I want every weapon in the game to be viable, with no clear winner for all situations.

Re: New Crossbow Stats 09/08/2015 03:39 AM CDT

>> I'm suggesting we would leave them alone and not upset players that spent good money on them.

I see. It sounded like you weren't going to run them through the new mechanics at all. By all means then! Don't touch em. :)

>> If it is possible to abuse crossbow loading in fun and creative ways, I'll look at how we might eliminate it. Either through limiting the # that can be worn or by adding RT when using GET/STOW with a loaded repeater (so you don't accidentally shoot yourself with it).

More ways then you can count unfortunately. I can think of at least 5 different systems that you'd have to address!
Re: New Crossbow Stats 09/08/2015 07:48 AM CDT
>>It's not going to happen like this. If he doesn't update the 14x repeaters they are going in a bucket. People will simply swap over to the new 4x, 5x, 6x, repeaters to use the new mechanics.

AFAIK most gear hasn't gotten an "update" when newer/better gear shows up, too. If you're using it now and it works for you now, I think it is going to still work the same way. The only thing that will change is you wanting to use another one instead, if you decided to.

>>for example, Grey Raven Guard Ring. It does cool things, yet the templates are inferior so it doesn't get used.

Aren't the ring weapons all T5 while the individual shop ones T6?

Re: New Crossbow Stats 09/08/2015 08:01 AM CDT
There's a place for weapons with high Alpha and low DPS, and that's where crossbows have always been, and repeaters a further extension of that.

The question becomes how high of an Alpha can we support regardless of how badly DPS sucks. For example, a few months ago I had conversations with Solomon and Kodius about the possibility of introducing early firearms into DR. While Solomon had no conceptual problem with it, Kodius and I couldn't work out a good place to put them that crossbows don't already occupy. We couldn't just keep turning the dial.

-Armifer
"Perinthia's astronomers are faced with a difficult choice. Either they must admit that all their calculations were wrong ... or else they must reveal that the order of the gods is reflected exactly in the city of monsters." - Italo Calvino
Re: New Crossbow Stats 09/08/2015 08:56 AM CDT
Let's get this out into Test already.
Re: New Crossbow Stats 09/08/2015 11:39 AM CDT
The Rule of Cool says early firearms don't need to be effective.

I just want my GMNPCs to be able to shoot people in the face with bits of nails and other assorted debris.

-Raesh

"The trouble with atheism, is that it offers a limited range of curses.” - Two Serpents Rise
Re: New Crossbow Stats 09/08/2015 12:14 PM CDT

fail chance on wet weather conditions.
striker failures, backfires, misfires, sorcery has em, high alpha weapons, why not?
if arbalests would be getting an rt reduction then there is room beyond that rt again, no?

dwarfs got electric. zef ships had cannons. its in the canon, get it, canon?

bayonets and butt strikes.

or ye old barrel on a stick.

lit fuses prevent hiding.smoke after a shot lowers your perception, or stuns you, or you have to regain balance from recoil

carved stocks, forged barrels, engineered strikers, alchemied powder, forged or engineered ammo, tailored lashings or slings, or ammo pouches, blacksmithed powder loading tools.
grenades? light thrown, crafted from mining mats, forged metal casings, alchemied powder, tailored fuse,

the final scene from last of the mohicans, r just decked out in buckskins dual wielding long rifles because magua would make himself into what twisted him, like the yan-kee traders
Re: New Crossbow Stats 09/08/2015 12:16 PM CDT
As I tried to say, the problem isn't concept, it's actually assigning appropriate damage to RT, which wasn't looking to be fun or practical.

-Armifer
"Perinthia's astronomers are faced with a difficult choice. Either they must admit that all their calculations were wrong ... or else they must reveal that the order of the gods is reflected exactly in the city of monsters." - Italo Calvino
Re: New Crossbow Stats 09/08/2015 12:47 PM CDT

could see where xbows wind up top end, and scale from that point in an overlap?
or perhaps borrow something from magic effects rather than raw damage you cause some sort of alternate effect that you could value in place of raw damage. proportional to the rt

so top raw damage caps at largest arbalest then larger ranged weapons introduces arbalest numbers with a scaling secondary (or tertiary, after foi?) on hit effect that is not damage.
Re: New Crossbow Stats 09/08/2015 04:50 PM CDT
>>I just want my GMNPCs to be able to shoot people in the face with bits of nails and other assorted debris.

That enchantment that summons random [food] objects + TKS = fun?

Prev_page Previous 1