dwarven iron arbalest emblazoned with the hammer-and-mountain symbol of the Gardul City State 09/06/2015 05:41 AM CDT

dwarven iron arbalest emblazoned with the hammer-and-mountain symbol of the Gardul City State
Look: Unknown
Ammo: 1 bolt(s).
Type: Heavy Crossbow (20/21 RT)
Force of Impact: perfectly (17/17)
Balance: dismally (2/17)
Suitedness: not (0/17)
Construction: (/17)
Metal: Yes
Weight: 200 stones

whats the deal with this thing? I rmember FOI used to actually knock things down, it doesnt seem to anymore. It trains pretty well for less than 3 shots a minute, is it the largest xbow in the game?
Re: dwarven iron arbalest emblazoned with the hammer-and-mountain symbol of the Gardul City State 09/06/2015 12:25 PM CDT
<<I rmember FOI used to actually knock things down, it doesnt seem to anymore.

FoI is your chance to stun, essentially. That crossbow probably stuns on most hits, yes?

As for knockdowns, I think being knocked down was more common during a stun prior to the stun changes several years ago, but that was likely a secondary effect of stuns causing balance hits before. Since stuns are less impactful (heh) these days the knockdowns don't happen as frequently.

Elanthipedia - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Main_Page
Epedia Admins - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Elanthipedia:Administrators
Re: dwarven iron arbalest emblazoned with the hammer-and-mountain symbol of the Gardul City State 09/07/2015 11:21 AM CDT
The FOI/knockdown calculations have not been touch since 3.0 went live. I don't understand them yet. Someday I need to completely redo stun/knockdown after I've spent a few weeks running all the numbers and deciding upon a gameplan for them.

Another problem is FOI isn't consistent between weapon types. So we would have to do scaling somewhere.

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes