Is there a penalty? 12/20/2013 12:49 PM CST
I have had to stop training xbow in Elders because I always get hit and even die when training LX. Anyone know why?
Re: Is there a penalty? 12/20/2013 01:32 PM CST
Is this compared to other ranged weapons? Melee?

Need more info.

Weapons for Sale:
http://www.elanthipedia.org/wiki/User:Caraamon#Wares
Hunta Talna Kortok, built by Gor'Togs, for Gor'Togs
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/home.html
Re: Is there a penalty? 12/20/2013 03:35 PM CST
are you still retreating? That would do it.

Also, you can use tactical maneuvers while you're aiming to gain balance and penalize your opponent. That would help too.
Re: Is there a penalty? 12/20/2013 04:10 PM CST
Not retreating and only get beaten up and die when training xbow. At melee I am fine with other weapons.
Re: Is there a penalty? 12/20/2013 05:22 PM CST
Uh, are you relying on a parry stick? If so, item in right hand = stick no work. By design.
Re: Is there a penalty? 12/20/2013 05:52 PM CST
Very strange. I've trained crossbow in elders for a long long time and never noticed an issue. What exact crossbow and shield are you using and do you arm-wear the shield?
Re: Is there a penalty? 12/20/2013 05:56 PM CST
>Uh, are you relying on a parry stick? If so, item in right hand = stick no work. By design.

This actually changed a bit in 3.0, unintentionally I think, but rednames have said they'll let it slide. You can be holding a non-weapon in your right hand and still use a parry stick.

It might still fail if you're holding a ranged weapon, however. I haven't gotten around to checking.

>Forgive my snark, but welcome to the life of a warrior mage.
Re: Is there a penalty? 12/20/2013 06:16 PM CST
<<It might still fail if you're holding a ranged weapon, however. I haven't gotten around to checking.>>

It does indeed fail, I'd suspect party is the problem here. I use a custom stance (no parry)when I xbow.
Re: Is there a penalty? 12/20/2013 07:09 PM CST
100 per cent shield stance, 40 parry and rest evasion. I suspect the parry is the problem. I`ll try changing my stance and testing it. I use an arm worn tower shield with 1100 plus shield ranks.
Re: Is there a penalty? 12/20/2013 09:15 PM CST
You get a new shield or accidentaly adjust your old one so its on your shoulder and not your arm?
Re: Is there a penalty? 12/21/2013 08:43 AM CST

I changed my stances and tested without parry, it went smoothly. thanks for the help.