Aiming Question 06/22/2012 03:58 PM CDT
Probably a dumb question, but here goes.

When shooting at arms to avoid killing things too fast, do I:

1) aim right arm;fire right arm
2) aim;fire right arm
3) aim right arm;fire

Its not too important to me right now, as one shot kills are still few and far between, but its something I've always wondered.
Re: Aiming Question 06/22/2012 05:58 PM CDT
>aim arm
I could not find what you were referring to.
I could not find what you were referring to.
>
>aim right arm
You begin to target a kobold.
>
You think you have your best shot possible now.
>fire
< You fire a steel-tipped pulzone at a kobold. A kobold barely fails to block with target shield. The pulzone lands a massive strike that cleaves the right arm from the shoulder, knocking it completely senseless.
That would have stuck if there was anything left to stick to!
The steel-tipped pulzone falls to the ground!
The kobold's short sword falls to the ground.
[You're nimbly balanced and overwhelming opponent.]
[Roundtime 1 sec.]
Re: Aiming Question 06/22/2012 07:30 PM CDT
>>When shooting at arms to avoid killing things too fast, do I:

>>1) aim right arm;fire right arm
>>2) aim;fire right arm
>>3) aim right arm;fire

Actually I think believe all three will get you exactly the same results, though 1) is unnecessarily redundant.

~The Prydaen~
Re: Aiming Question 06/25/2012 09:36 AM CDT
That's funny, unlike targeted magic, I thought #2 was the only one of these that worked for ranged weapons. I've only ever used #2.
Re: Aiming Question 06/25/2012 12:56 PM CDT
Aim <BODY *PART>; Fire* <BODY PART>

> aim left leg

> fire left leg

< Fluidly, you fire a sleek quadrello at a sand sprite. A sand sprite fails to dodge, mis-stepping and blundering into the blow.
The quadrello lands a massive (12/23) strike that drills the sleek quadrello through the left hamstring, lodging it in the bone.

Aim <BODY PART>; Fire

A rapid series of clicks emanate from your repeating crossbow as small gears and gravity guide a sleek quadrello into firing position.
Roundtime: 3 sec.

> aim left leg

> fire

< Fluidly, you fire a sleek quadrello at a sand sprite. A sand sprite fails to dodge, mis-stepping and blundering into the blow.
The quadrello lands a massive (12/23) strike that drives the kneecap clean off the left knee and savages the surrounding ligaments.

Aim; Fire <BODY PART>
> aim

> fire left leg

< Attacking gracefully, you fire a sleek quadrello at a sand sprite. A sand sprite fails to evade, mis-stepping and blundering into the blow.
The quadrello lands a massive (12/23) strike that imbeds the sleek quadrello into the top of the sprite's left foot, lightly stunning it.

~The Gnome~
Re: Aiming Question 06/26/2012 01:37 PM CDT
Late response, but thanks. I still miss my intended body part occasionally when trying, so I couldn't completely verify it myself.
Re: Aiming Question 06/26/2012 01:59 PM CDT
Calling a body part is a much harder check than just aiming at a critter. If you are testing at level then it will be inconsistent.