Crossbow learning rate 03/27/2012 06:00 AM CDT
Ok i know this has been hashed and rehashed but i am a war mage so no dances ect
seriously LX and HX learning rates need to be majorly uptweaked like asap
i know 3.0 is coming out (god knows when) but can we get a hotfix till then? maybe just a bit of an uptweak?
ive been snapfiring at a critter in my level range for over an hour and still havent even come close to locking
and i am LX primary so this is like banging my head against the wall. Please please please fix lx and hx learning to go just a tad faster?

one seriously frustrated archer
Re: Crossbow learning rate 03/27/2012 07:31 AM CDT
>>ive been snapfiring at a critter in my level range for over an hour and still havent even come close to locking
and i am LX primary so this is like banging my head against the wall. Please please please fix lx and hx learning to go just a tad faster?

I agree with you but,

Some tips, don't snap shot, do at least some aim. You always want max damage hits. Find the aim time that works best.

If your snap casting max damage hits your underhunting so need to move up.

Poach ups damage, so poach if you can. Use reduced load LX. Gorteous is saying the stonebow with crafted ammo works decent now, but i haven't tried since a few years ago.

I always did, load (reduced load LX), aim, hide, stalk, poach. Repeat. The hide and stalk gave a good enough aim time. I could lock in about 20 minutes.

Reduce inbetween shot time as much as possible. Don't pick up anything (except ammo). Don't appraise, don't use hunt etc.

Codiax.
Forged Weapons:
http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/User:Codiax#Codiax-Forged-Weapons
Re: Crossbow learning rate 03/27/2012 08:43 AM CDT

where would i aquire one of these stonebows?
Re: Crossbow learning rate 03/27/2012 08:57 AM CDT
Ilaya Taipa
Re: Crossbow learning rate 03/27/2012 10:16 AM CDT

I picked up a stonebow to try out. Wasnt using crafted ammo, had the pyrite clumps. Holding them in hand so only getting 4 second loadtime, aim, ret ret hide stalk poach. Was at 4/34 after 30 minutes. I know 2/34 is just as good as 34/34, but I like to train more then just LX.

Get quads/pulzones and reduced LX. Stonebow still sucks
Re: Crossbow learning rate 03/27/2012 12:47 PM CDT

right now im using blunt tipped oak bolts from rossman's and a 8/9 lx (the one with cambrinth in it)
my stealth isnt good enough for critters at my weapon level so poaching ect is out of the question.
quads and pulzones are rare nowadays arent they?
Re: Crossbow learning rate 03/27/2012 01:12 PM CDT
ok so blunt tipped seems to be doing the trick im getting some nice damage out of full aim shots (running sfhunter AT THE KEYS) and it looks good almost getting locked on swampies and peccs in lang :) gives me more hope being LX primary
Re: Crossbow learning rate 03/27/2012 01:22 PM CDT
Stonebows really do require crafted ammo to be effective. All the storebought/foraged ammo seems to have serious hit penalties.
Re: Crossbow learning rate 03/27/2012 01:23 PM CDT
>ok so blunt tipped seems to be doing the trick im getting some nice damage out of full aim shots (running sfhunter AT THE KEYS) and it looks good almost getting locked on swampies and peccs in lang :) gives me more hope being LX primary

Do you happen to have the Tailwind spell? I noticed a small positive effect on learning rates while using it.
Re: Crossbow learning rate 03/27/2012 11:54 PM CDT

my biggest suggestion is to drop crossbow as your primary weapon. HX is my character's primary, and I am not enjoying it at all. Certainly slowing down my circling.