I can't change combat position (dodge/parry/block) while holding shortbow (any bow?) in one hand and something else in the other 07/09/2015 10:19 AM CDT

You glance down to see a cherry light shortbow in your right hand and some long arrows in your left hand.
>parry
You need two hands to wield this weapon!
>dodge
But you are already dodging!
>block
>put short in back
You put your shortbow in your backpack.
>get arz
You get a steel arzfilt from inside your embossed quiver.
>parry
You move into a position to parry.
[You're solidly balanced]
Roundtime: 4 sec.
>block
You move into a position to block.
>dodge
You move into a position to dodge.
>parry
You move into a position to parry.
>put arz in quiv
You put your arzfilt in your embossed quiver.
>get short
You get a cherry light shortbow from inside your backpack.
>dodge
>
Re: I can't change combat position (dodge/parry/block) while holding shortbow (any bow?) in one hand and something else in the other 07/09/2015 10:30 AM CDT
IIRC bows function mechanically as two handed weapons despite being able to load your ammunition from the offhand. You'll need your offhand free in order to change your combat position.
Re: I can't change combat position (dodge/parry/block) while holding shortbow (any bow?) in one hand and something else in the other 07/11/2015 11:38 PM CDT
That's stupid. Because you are holding a "two handed weapon" you can't dodge? I don't use those commands and never have in all my years of playing so I've never noticed, but that's ridiculous.

Beast Elec Drister

"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with until you understand who's in ruttin' command here."
―Jayne Cobb

MM1 (EXW) -USN 1999-present
Re: I can't change combat position (dodge/parry/block) while holding shortbow (any bow?) in one hand and something else in the other 07/12/2015 07:49 AM CDT
>>That's stupid. Because you are holding a "two handed weapon" you can't dodge? I don't use those commands and never have in all my years of playing so I've never noticed, but that's ridiculous.

AFAIK, "dodge" is no different command-wise than "slice" or "jab".

So if you are holding a 2HE and something in your off hand, you wouldn't be able to enter a position to dodge no more than entering a position to slice.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: I can't change combat position (dodge/parry/block) while holding shortbow (any bow?) in one hand and something else in the other 07/13/2015 07:48 AM CDT
Oh I understand the mechanics. I just think it's ridiculous.

Beast Elec Drister

"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with until you understand who's in ruttin' command here."
―Jayne Cobb

MM1 (EXW) -USN 1999-present