Preset Stances and a Curse on Defending Skill 05/13/2015 04:06 PM CDT
As a moon mage, I discovered a fun new way to die today. I couldn't figure out why I was getting beat up really badly all of a sudden. It turns out that cursing the defending skill makes it impossible to change stances the normal way:

>stance
You are currently using 100% of your evasion skill.
You are currently using 94% of your weapon parry skill.
You are currently using 0% of your shield block skill.
You are attacking with 100% of your offensive skill.

Last Combat Maneuver: Dodge

>stance evasion
You do not have enough stance points available to use this preset!

>exp mods
The following skills are currently under the influence of a modifier:

- Defending

Defending: 1030 16.80% very engaged

I realize this is probably a fairly rare situation, but it seems like stance should check base ranks, not modified ranks. If I get a temporary bonus to defending, am I really going to reset all of my saved stances?
Re: Preset Stances and a Curse on Defending Skill 05/13/2015 05:46 PM CDT
>>If I get a temporary bonus to defending, am I really going to reset all of my saved stances?

I feel like this would be a good buff for Paladins to make up for some of the lost stance points from HoW.
Re: Preset Stances and a Curse on Defending Skill 05/13/2015 07:59 PM CDT
Ahahahahahaha.

Oh curses.

(I'll look into it - but you're talking to someone who's cursed himself so badly he couldn't walk up stairs so you have to expect more amusement than pity).

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: Preset Stances and a Curse on Defending Skill 05/13/2015 07:59 PM CDT
Paladins can buff defending, its pretty great.

Samsaren
Re: Preset Stances and a Curse on Defending Skill 05/13/2015 08:08 PM CDT
>>Paladins can buff defending, its pretty great.

Shows how little I know about the Paladin spell book, figured that would be a no-brainer for them.
Re: Preset Stances and a Curse on Defending Skill 05/13/2015 09:04 PM CDT
>>Shows how little I know about the Paladin spell book, figured that would be a no-brainer for them.

3.0 we couldn't, 3.1 revised the SR+VI combo to be Shield Defending Reflex. Some days its a hard sell mentally, but I dig the stance points and use Sorc to cover evasion.

Samsaren