Armor 04/19/2015 07:48 AM CDT
Love love love that this: https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/File:Small_ranger_300.jpg

uses plate/brigandine better than this: https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/File:Small_warmie_300.jpg

You had me going you crazy simu folk.
Re: Armor 04/19/2015 10:23 AM CDT
Did you make a character selection based on decades old art? Respect.
Re: Armor 04/19/2015 10:35 AM CDT
The ranger's gear looks like tanned leather to me.
Re: Armor 04/19/2015 12:39 PM CDT
<<The ranger's gear looks like tanned leather to me.

I think that's his point, such as it is. I.e. Why do rangers, who clearly wear leather in this picture, use plate/brig better than warrior mages, who clearly wear plate/brig in this other picture?

I think it's obvious where the logical fallacy is there.

Elanthipedia - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Main_Page
Epedia Admins - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Elanthipedia:Administrators
Re: Armor 04/19/2015 12:55 PM CDT
>><<The ranger's gear looks like tanned leather to me.

>>I think that's his point, such as it is. I.e. Why do rangers, who clearly wear leather in this picture, use plate/brig better than warrior mages, who clearly wear plate/brig in this other picture?

>>I think it's obvious where the logical fallacy is there.

Hah, yeah. It becomes more obvious when I pay more attention. Carry on.
Re: Armor 04/19/2015 01:55 PM CDT
>I think that's his point, such as it is. I.e. Why do rangers, who clearly wear leather in this picture, use plate/brig better than warrior mages, who clearly wear plate/brig in this other picture?

The WM art looks like he's wearing nothing but cloth to me.

Gaudy, silver, cloth, but really, aside from a pair of bracers, it's all pretty much cloth when you look at it.
Re: Armor 04/19/2015 02:28 PM CDT
Warrior mages should be magic prime weapon/armor secondary but game balance dictates otherwise.

Not complaining, just reasons.

"Game balance is sobbing over in the corner as it considers the ramifications of AoE Blufmor Garaen. Your spell slots send their condolences." - GM Raesh
Re: Armor 04/19/2015 03:24 PM CDT

Technically, while a ranger could in theory bring hindrance down in plate/brig better than the warrior mage, I would think the warrior mage performs better overall in the plate/brig than a ranger, since the ranger would have to give up a good chunk of their evasion ability, stealth ability, snipes, etc. The warrior mage already sucks in these departments so they have less to lose?
Re: Armor 04/19/2015 03:42 PM CDT
>> since the ranger would have to give up a good chunk of their evasion ability, stealth ability, snipes, etc.

Rangers have spells to help these issues.
Re: Armor 04/20/2015 08:56 AM CDT
<<I think that's his point, such as it is. I.e. Why do rangers, who clearly wear leather in this picture, use plate/brig better than warrior mages, who clearly wear plate/brig in this other picture?

<<I think it's obvious where the logical fallacy is there.

I think what makes DR special is you're not pigeonholed into any one direction with your character. Yes there are optimal ways of playing (and training), but there's so many choices with a skill-based system, you can train how you think your character would. As such, plate-wearing rangers are just as logical as a leather wearing paladin.

Nikpack
Re: Armor 04/20/2015 12:33 PM CDT
>I think what makes DR special is you're not pigeonholed into any one direction with your character. Yes there are optimal ways of playing (and training), but there's so many choices with a skill-based system, you can train how you think your character would. As such, plate-wearing rangers are just as logical as a leather wearing paladin.

Not as logical as a plate-wearing war mage, though. That's pretty dangerously illogical right now.

That's really more the fault of the weapon skillset model being very good for armor, though.

>Forgive my snark, but welcome to the life of a warrior mage.