Prev_page Previous 1 2 Next Next_page
Re: Cloth armor 03/07/2014 12:31 PM CST
If anyone can comment on the ranges that would be helpful. I'll have to see if something is amiss with changes I made last year.

THIN, FINE, HEAVY, THICK all adjust the material density. This adjusts weight, protection and hindrance just like with metal armors.

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
Re: Cloth armor 03/07/2014 03:45 PM CST

If you can why can't I? I use both a crossbow and a bow. I use poach to train them (for the stealth)but without RM up they see me and take me out of hiding. Maybe you should try that with your copy and get back to me.

~Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Re: Cloth armor 03/07/2014 08:37 PM CST
>If you can why can't I? I use both a crossbow and a bow. I use poach to train them (for the stealth)but without RM up they see me and take me out of hiding. Maybe you should try that with your copy and get back to me.

I think something else is causing you problems Saxxin because after your post I went up and tried hiding and stalking vicious warcats with all burlap cloth armor, all shalswar leather armor and then finally with a leather/chain/brig/heavy plate armor mix with only 259 ranks of stealth. If I remember you said you were working with 370 stealth. I had little problem hiding on warcats without buffs as a moonmage. Yeah they searched me out some but I was able to hide and stalk with plenty of time for aiming.

You aren't casting mantle of flame while hunting are you? An active stealth debuff or really low discipline seem like the most likely culprits here.

Vote:
http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: Cloth armor 03/07/2014 09:16 PM CST
>>Maybe you should try that with your copy and get back to me.

That won't be necessary. I think at this point, your best bet is to listen to and act on the good advice you are receiving from other posters and players in-game.

FGM Ricinus
Logistics Lead
Magic, Sentients Team Member
Cleric Advocate
Re: Cloth armor 03/08/2014 07:02 PM CST
1. Do a better job training
2. Do a better job choosing equipment carefully
3. Do a better job experimenting with various options if something doesn't work out the first, second, or fifteenth time
4. Do a better job generating income. A character entering blood wolves with 75 ranks in combats can generate 1000 plats from bundles before they get to 100 ranks in weapons and 115 or so in defenses. With that kind of coin, you can buy the good stuff from someone who actually makes the good stuff.
5. Do a better job backtraining. There are equipment options, critter options, stat options, training options, and more. It takes a lot of trial and error sometimes to figure things out.

If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got. If you're not happy with what you've got, then don't do what you've always done. Do something different and enjoy the journey. If you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong.

"I only automatically kill players when they're asking for it or it's funny. Or both." ~GM Raesh
Re: Cloth armor 03/08/2014 07:18 PM CST
I just had a noob leave sand sprites with 600 plats. Some was from Eels but come on people.

- Buuwl
Re: Cloth armor 03/08/2014 08:33 PM CST
>I just had a noob leave sand sprites with 600 plats. Some was from Eels but come on people.

Uh, in TF? Because I'm calling a bald faced lie that there isn't something else going on here, or that you weren't in sprites for 40 years or something. Even if you had access to CL or something equally insane, it would take a long time to farm 600 plat in sprites. Far longer than it would take to cap the ranks out.
Re: Cloth armor 03/08/2014 08:51 PM CST
>>Uh, in TF? Because I'm calling a bald faced lie that there isn't something else going on here,

I'd buy that, I made suuuuupid amounts of money on a weapon tert in baby deer. The trick is train a buncha weapons (11 in my case), and I was max arranging out the gate and lost out on a ton of skins too.

Samsaren
Re: Cloth armor 03/08/2014 09:02 PM CST
That's how I reply to smart asses. The whole issue started with hindrance. It' the pompous know-it-all's with snooty remarks that lead to this. Nobody has yet to show cloth is any better than leather with stealth hindrance. Yeah I made a horrible example of a silk Hauberk. It was the first time I tried to make anything. But it don't matter. I made a good one. It didn't turn out perfect, the materials were. Probably need a few more ranks or thinner needles.

You deeply analyze the padded hauberk and pore over its construction.
This appears to be a type of finished cloth armor that is of exceptional quality.
The hauberk is a complicated piece to make.
It was made by someone with abilities close to your own skill.

Weighs 88stone and is made of fine silk. Even the thread was fine silk. All materials were masterfully-crafted. No difference with the stealth hindrance as my 234stone leather armor. With shield or without. Slightly better movement hindrance than my leathers but not enough for the wide margin of protection difference in favor of the leathers.

This is without the shield. With shield they are both lightly\lightly

You feel certain that a padded fine silk hauberk appears to impose moderate maneuvering hindrance and fair stealth hindrance, offering:
good protection and fair damage absorption for puncture attacks.
good protection and moderate damage absorption for slice attacks.
very good protection and fair damage absorption for impact attacks.
moderate protection and low damage absorption for fire attacks.
fair protection and somewhat fair damage absorption for cold attacks.
low protection and poor damage absorption for electrical attacks.
If you were only wearing a padded fine silk hauberk your maneuvering would be minimally hindered and your stealth would be insignificantly hindered.
But considering all the armor and shields you are wearing or carrying, you are currently insignificantly hindered and your stealth is insignificantly hindered.

You feel certain that some coarse leathers appear to impose great maneuvering hindrance and fair stealth hindrance, offering:
high protection and good damage absorption for puncture attacks.
very high protection and good damage absorption for slice attacks.
very good protection and good damage absorption for impact attacks.
high protection and good damage absorption for fire attacks.
very high protection and good damage absorption for cold attacks.
low protection and poor damage absorption for electrical attacks.
If you were only wearing some coarse leathers your maneuvering would be insignificantly hindered and your stealth would be insignificantly hindered.
But considering all the armor and shields you are wearing or carrying, you are currently lightly hindered and your stealth is insignificantly hindered.

Which leads back to my complaint. This is the complaint department after all. There is no reason for cloth armor as it stands. When you bunched it into a class and set a standard hindrance on it's stealth by class you killed the ONLY thing good about it. Now. It's obsolete.

~Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Re: Cloth armor 03/08/2014 09:30 PM CST
Tone it down folks. Address the arguments of the poster, not the posters themselves.

If you have questions or comments please email me at MOD-Akadis@play.net or Senior Board Moderator Sidatura at DR-Sidatura@play.net or Message Board Supervisor Annwyl at DR-Annwyl@play.net
Re: Cloth armor 03/08/2014 11:01 PM CST
>>There is no reason for cloth armor as it stands.

>>Weighs 88stone and is made of fine silk.

>>No difference with the stealth hindrance as my 234stone leather armor.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Cloth armor 03/09/2014 12:19 AM CST
>>This is without the shield. With shield they are both lightly\lightly<<

So, with the shield, lightly/lightly, and without the shield, insig/insig? And you're armor tertiary? And the cloth weighs 146 stones less? And it's only "exceptional" quality and not masterfully-crafted?

John Prine said it best:

Dear Abby, Dear Abby

You have no complaint
You are what your are and you ain't what you ain't
So listen up buster, and listen up good
Stop wishing for bad luck and knocking on wood

All is as it should be, working as intended, etc, etc.

"I only automatically kill players when they're asking for it or it's funny. Or both." ~GM Raesh
Re: Cloth armor 03/09/2014 03:15 AM CDT
A post was hidden.

If you have questions or comments please email me at MOD-Akadis@play.net or Senior Board Moderator Sidatura at DR-Sidatura@play.net or Message Board Supervisor Annwyl at DR-Annwyl@play.net
::Posts Hidden:: 03/09/2014 06:22 AM CDT

Address the points of a post, not the posters.

Some posts were removed.

Annwyl
Message Board Supervisor

If you've questions or comments, take it to e-mail by writing me at DR-Annwyl@play.net.
Re: Cloth armor 03/09/2014 06:48 AM CDT
>You deeply analyze the padded hauberk and pore over its construction.
>This appears to be a type of finished cloth armor that is of exceptional quality

Exceptional is 90-95%. Then there's Outstanding and finally Mastercrafted.

I'd call it functional but not really a shining example of the ideal.

>Weighs 88stone and is made of fine silk. Even the thread was fine silk.

The thread and the padding used is irrelevant. Literally, irrelevant (except you can't use thick/heavy thread for cloth or fine/thin thread for leather). Only thing that matters is the primary material. Kodius is on the fence about changing that.

>armor comparison

Are the leathers master-crafted? Material? How are the leathers finished (e.g. Plain, Reinforced, or Lightened (or fitted or whatever the heck the term for it is))?

Why not try a thick or heavy silk weave if your arguing over the protection?

Cloth: insig/insig
Leather: light/insig

Up to you, but personally I see a use for pretty much every armor type, and I wear each on all my different characters (Chain/Brig on Trader, Chain on Bard/Cleric, Leather on Thief, Cloth on MM, etc.)

Kaeta Airtag

"I have faith in the current crop of GMs to not screw people over"

>>Actually an opinion cannot be changed or corrected. Nice try back of line.-VERATHOR
>>But it can be wrong.-Starlear
Re: Cloth armor 03/09/2014 11:27 AM CDT
>anal leath
You thoroughly analyze the coarse leathers, revealing some of its secrets.
These appear to be a type of finished leather armor that are masterfully-crafted.
The leathers are an intricate piece to make.
It was made by someone with somewhat more skill than your own.

Some people are missing the point because they're so absorbed in being right about what they say. But what they are saying has NOTHING to do with it. It's not about about protection, it's not about my character. It's about cloth armor and how there is no way, any way, none at all that you can get it's stealth hindrance down below what you could with leather or bone.
You nit pick everything (it's the material, you just suck ect...)instead of just admitting what is right in front of your face.

>>>ALL LIGHT ARMOR, REGARDLESS OF CONSTRUCTION OR PROTECTION IS ALL THE SAME WHEN IT COMES TO STEALTH HINDRANCE.<<<

Is that clear enough or do I have to use a crayon for you to understand? So unless you want to spend a couple thousand plat for high end cloth just to get the same protection as a 100 plat piece of leather or bone armor there is really no practical reason for it.
I'm sure the snooty, I'm better than you because I can spend thousands of plats on something you don't have people enjoy the perks of feeling high and mighty and superior to everyone else because they have the top of the line things. That's all good. If that what it takes to make you feel good about yourself than fine. But that doesn't change the facts. You could spend a billion plats on cloth armor and still not get it's stealth hindrance down lower than a one gold (just a guess on price)cloth robe, leather jerkin or whatever bone armor they sell you can buy at the crossing armor shop.

Cloth armor had ONE benefit. It's stealth hindrance could be trained down lower to what someone could train down in leather or bone. This is no longer the case.

Re: Cloth armor 03/09/2014 12:31 PM CDT
A mod wrote:
If anyone can comment on the ranges that would be helpful. I'll have to see if something is amiss with changes I made last year.

THIN, FINE, HEAVY, THICK all adjust the material density. This adjusts weight, protection and hindrance just like with metal armors.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Movement hindrance varies. Stealth hindrance does not. It's standard across the board in it's class.
If I'm wrong prove me wrong. So far I haven't seen anyone do that. I see a lot of people blaming my skills, the material or the construction of the armor but NOT ONE SINGLE PERSON has proven this wrong. It could masterfully-crafted or a non protection, overwhelming movement hindrance piece of garbage. No difference in the stealth hindrance.

The piece of garbage armor:

You feel certain that an insulated silk hauberk appears to impose overwhelming maneuvering hindrance and fair stealth hindrance, offering:
no protection and very poor damage absorption for puncture attacks.
poor protection and very poor damage absorption for slice attacks.
poor protection and very poor damage absorption for impact attacks.
no protection and no damage absorption for fire attacks.
no protection and no damage absorption for cold attacks.
no protection and no damage absorption for electrical attacks.

If you were only wearing an insulated silk hauberk your maneuvering would be lightly hindered and your stealth would be insignificantly hindered.
But considering all the armor and shields you are wearing or carrying, you are currently fairly hindered and your stealth is lightly hindered.

Masterfully crafted armor:
You deeply analyze the padded hauberk and pore over its construction.
This appears to be a type of finished cloth armor that is masterfully-crafted.
The hauberk is a complicated piece to make.
It was made by someone with abilities close to your own skill.

You feel certain that a padded fine linen hauberk with a reinforced design appears to impose high maneuvering hindrance and fair stealth hindrance, offering:
very good protection and moderate damage absorption for puncture attacks.
very good protection and good damage absorption for slice attacks.
high protection and moderate damage absorption for impact attacks.
good protection and somewhat fair damage absorption for fire attacks.
moderate protection and somewhat fair damage absorption for cold attacks.
fair protection and poor damage absorption for electrical attacks.

If you were only wearing a padded fine linen hauberk with a reinforced design your maneuvering would be insignificantly hindered and your stealth would be insignificantly hindered.
But considering all the armor and shields you are wearing or carrying, you are currently insignificantly hindered and your stealth is lightly hindered.

ONCE AGAIN. IT'S NOT ABOUT PROTECTION, IT'S NOT ABOUT MY CHARACTER, IT'S NOT ABOUT MANEUVERING HINDRANCE. IT"S ABOUT STEALTH HINDRANCE AND STEALTH HINDRANCE ONLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cloth armor had one benefit and one benefit only. Stealth hindrance. You sacrificed some protection for better stealth and believe me it was worth it for someone that is armor tert and trains stealth. Now that is no longer the case. Less protection is still in place, as it should be. It's cloth, leather should protect better. But the stealth benefit that went with it is gone making it not worth wasting the time, plats or effort to have.

Re: Cloth armor 03/09/2014 01:35 PM CDT
Ok, time to settle down.

I can't speak for everyone who has been responding here, but assuming that no one gets it but you is a bit far-fetched. If you had only made the point that you don't like that cloth armor has the same base stealth hindrance as other armor types in the Light Armor category, I doubt you'd have had the constant responses questioning your method, or materials. Regardless, you've made your complaint, and as much as you think it is valid, consider this:

If there is a Light Armor skill that people gravitate toward solely because it is the most stealth friendly, and one subset of that skill is more stealth friendly than the other two - wouldn't you expect that the other two subsets would be largely ignored in favor of the one that was best?

Instead we have one category, with all three subsets having the stealth hindrance as low as we want for the lightest armor, with variance of weight/protection/hindrance to distinguish them. If you want to be even stealthier than what can be accomplished wearing these types of armor, then don't wear armor. You don't even have to remove all your armor, you may try just wearing armor on critical body parts, leaving your appendages exposed at the benefit of a little more stealth.

Now to the why. In a number of posts you've shown that you are having problems beyond what most people have with stealth. Lets say you had your way, and cloth had some minor benefit to stealth over leather and bone. Considering how bad you've made your circumstances out to be, then what good would some minor benefit really be? Instead people have been trying to figure out what your actual problem is, because it's not the loss of some minor stealth benefit.

FGM Ricinus
Logistics Lead
Cleric Advocate
Re: Cloth armor 03/09/2014 02:23 PM CDT
And to add to that, rewriting Hindrance (and possibly armor as a whole) will be on my plate for 3.2.

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
Re: Cloth armor 03/09/2014 03:15 PM CDT
~Instead we have one category, with all three subsets having the stealth hindrance as low as we want for the lightest armor, with variance of weight/protection/hindrance to distinguish them. If you want to be even stealthier than what can be accomplished wearing these types of armor, then don't wear armor. You don't even have to remove all your armor, you may try just wearing armor on critical body parts, leaving your appendages exposed at the benefit of a little more stealth.~

My point exactly. Cloth is now obsolete because it has NOTHING that makes it worth wearing. If I can be just as stealthy in 600stone leathers with incredible protection as I can in a 88 stone fine silk cloth Hauberk then at a certain point cloth armor is useless. Maneuvering hindrance is only a factor at low levels and even a burdened level 1-10 (pick a guild) isn't in any danger because the critters at those levels don't do any real damage. Even then the lighter leather (like I wear now)is better protection with the same maneuvering hindrance (sometimes less)as cloth. So why even keep it around?

Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Re: Cloth armor 03/09/2014 03:45 PM CDT
>>My point exactly. Cloth is now obsolete because it has NOTHING that makes it worth wearing. If I can be just as stealthy in 600stone leathers with incredible protection as I can in a 88 stone fine silk cloth Hauberk then at a certain point cloth armor is useless.

And that's certainly an opinion you can have, in which case I don't understand why you haven't decided to just wear leather armor. It seems a bit like ordering lobster when you are allergic to shellfish, then complaining that it shouldn't have caused your windpipe to contract, making you suffocate and die. Either way, there's little reason to get blue in the face about your choice. Other players may find value in the other subtypes of Light Armor and may choose differently. In the end, as Kodius has mentioned, if the distinctions between these types of armor changes, you will certainly be able to reevaluate the pros and cons again, without having to backtrain since the same skill is used for all three.

FGM Ricinus
Logistics Lead
Cleric Advocate
Re: Cloth armor 03/09/2014 04:22 PM CDT
>>Maneuvering hindrance is only a factor at low levels and even a burdened level 1-10 (pick a guild) isn't in any danger because the critters at those levels don't do any real damage. Even then the lighter leather (like I wear now)is better protection with the same maneuvering hindrance (sometimes less)as cloth. So why even keep it around?

Cloth weighs MUCH less than leather.

Cloth protects only slightly less.

Cloth has less maneuvering hindrance and therefore is more suitable for multi-armor setups.

Cloth looks different. It is made differently. It will enchant differently.

Why not keep it around?

Most light armor accessories have a hindrance of 0 because the people who designed the game 15+ years ago did a poor job. There isn't any way to fix this and give cloth armor even LESS hindrance. I need to spend 50-bazillion hours writing and testing a mechanic to update all the armor in the game to fix it - possibly breaking the game and killing it dead in the process. That is why it isn't at the top of my TODO list. But it IS on my list.

Re: Cloth armor 03/09/2014 04:26 PM CDT
>>stealth hindrance

I been sort of following along and I didnt even realize your only complaint was stealth hindrance heh. But yes, Stealth hindrance is set per armor category.

>>My point exactly. Cloth is now obsolete because it has NOTHING that makes it worth wearing. If I can be just as stealthy in 600stone leathers with incredible protection as I can in a 88 stone fine silk cloth Hauberk then at a certain point cloth armor is useless. Maneuvering hindrance is only a factor at low levels

I will disagree with you on this though. particularly this.

>>Maneuvering hindrance is only a factor at low levels

Evasion primes are probably always going to be more effective in lower hindrance. I'm secondary and I survive better with low hindrance armor & shield vs High protection and high hindrance. This is at high level. It's all a trade off of sorts, high hindrance armor relies on its protection more while penalizing your skill more. It is better in certain situations IMO. When you are outclassed and you are going to get hit anyways and when your opponent uses debilatation, like stun or immobile, hence you get hit more. The armor shines a bit more in these situations. However, light armor shines against at level opponents and when you outclass your opponent by a little, which in most cases is 100% of PvE. It also allows stealth easier. So IMO light armor has a larger niche than high density armor and is better used in more situations.

Stealth issues - stealth is a little wonky IMO in some areas and it gets highly penalized sometimes. For example, if you have leg wounds or head wounds it seems the penalty is rather harsh. Also in 3.0 the stealth hindrance for armor definately increased somehow, it's either the mixing penaltly or just the stealth penalty on certain types up if you are comparing it to 2.0.

Codiax.
Vote: http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: Cloth armor 03/09/2014 04:37 PM CDT
As a point of data, when my 40-50 level thief was comparing cloth hauberk (regular burlap) vs. leather hauberk (I want to say it was drakeskin), I was unable to see a noticable difference in the appraisal statistics. So I bought the cloth, because it was lighter and cheaper. If I remember correctly, the leather did offer some better elemental absorb or protection, but I make it a point not to bother hunting anything that casts/special attacks me, so I disregarded those values.

The two armors (leather and cloth) compared almost identically, even after I bought the cloth and did a compare. And my char had 200+ appraisal/light armor at the time, so he wasn't exactly failing the skill check.

The two types of armor have some overlap, and they're not nearly as cut and dried as they are being painted here. I'd strongly suggest checking the trader tables for some more samples.
Re: Cloth armor 03/09/2014 04:40 PM CDT
>>My point exactly. Cloth is now obsolete because it has NOTHING that makes it worth wearing.

Except there's more to cloth armor than low stealth hindrance. Like weight, general hindrance, etc.

If you don't see value in cloth armor, just wear leather or something. It's not the end of the world.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Cloth armor 03/09/2014 05:15 PM CDT
Maybe you should just use leather armor, and leave cloth armor to the crazies who seem to find value in it despite your arguments that it's bad.

Re: Cloth armor 03/09/2014 05:52 PM CDT
I don't use it. I wear all leather now. I used to and loved it but now there is no point in doing so.

I'm not saying it is bad. I'm saying it's obsolete now. The one perk is gone. I don't expect everyone to understand the point I am trying to make because it doesn't effect them or their class. Pallies can train down heavy plate to zero hindrance or close, other guilds have certain type of armor they can train the same way. But for the guilds that didn't get this we had one thing and one thing only. Cloth armor. Decent protection we could train down to close to what the other guilds could.
Being both armor and survival tert is bad enough. That used to mean more time training the same skills needed for PVP than the other guilds to get the same results. But even that isn't enough anymore because no matter what we will need MORE ranks than that survival prime guild with armor bonus to get the same results. No hiding buffs worth using in PVP. RM buffs them too. No perception spells at all to even the field in that regard.
So you tell me why I shouldn't complain that the ONE thing and ONE thing only that helped even the field with this is now gone?
Before you claim over-powered magic. You can't hit what you can't see and if they can see you hide they don't have to come out and point. Just attack you safely from the shadows.
If you won't fix the armor how about fixing the armor tert guild so they have at least one option of armor they can train down better than the rest.
It's only fair.

Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Re: Cloth armor 03/09/2014 06:32 PM CDT
i can't believe how much time, consideration, and patience developers and players have given this thread in the face of a ton of nonsense. At least it has been edifying for the rest of us.
Re: Cloth armor 03/09/2014 06:32 PM CDT
I'm confused wasn't the original post a complaint about not being able to hide at level on creatures?

M@c ~]X!j % %AN_rrWB5z4%p rBa =jZb*h[mp,0;pv` knIM%aJ|
WARNING: You are carrying an extremely large number of items on your person.
Having a very high number of items can cause character corruption or
Re: Cloth armor *Nudge* 03/09/2014 06:37 PM CDT
Some posts were removed.

This thread is starting to go in circles, and if there's nothing new to say, it may be time to end it.

Re: Cloth armor 03/09/2014 07:21 PM CDT
And Magic 3.2 just mushroomed to DR 3.2:

>And to add to that, rewriting Hindrance (and possibly armor as a whole) will be on my plate for 3.2.

Kodius you and the other GMs are my Heroes, American Heroes Channel should do a special on you all, they should. They won't but they should.

---
"I think anything that forces you to do something no sane adventurer would do just in order to train is ridiculous."
DR-SOCHARIS

---
Victory Over Lyras, on the 397th year and 156 days since the Victory of Lanival the Redeemer.
Re: Cloth armor 03/09/2014 07:23 PM CDT
>My point exactly. Cloth is now obsolete because it has NOTHING that makes it worth wearing. If I can be just as stealthy in 600stone leathers with incredible protection as I can in a 88 stone fine silk cloth Hauberk then at a certain point cloth armor is useless. Maneuvering hindrance is only a factor at low levels and even a burdened level 1-10 (pick a guild) isn't in any danger because the critters at those levels don't do any real damage. Even then the lighter leather (like I wear now)is better protection with the same maneuvering hindrance (sometimes less)as cloth. So why even keep it around?

Here is a point, when cloth first came out it was ohhh woefully behind leather, because it wasn't able to be crafted. So actually it is now A LOT better, also please see other posters comments and GMs comments, because they have a lot of good points.

---
"I think anything that forces you to do something no sane adventurer would do just in order to train is ridiculous."
DR-SOCHARIS

---
Victory Over Lyras, on the 397th year and 156 days since the Victory of Lanival the Redeemer.
Re: Cloth armor 03/09/2014 07:41 PM CDT
>>You feel certain that an insulated hauberk appears to impose great maneuvering hindrance and fair stealth hindrance, offering:

I know armor has hindrance but this is cloth we're talking about. How hard is it to move in a bulky winter coat? Not so hard that I would say I'm greatly hindered. Is this on purpose or did someone not really think this through? Tune it down some. Get it somewhat close to reality or what's the point in having it in the first place? Unless you have thousands of plats to spend on armor, cloth armor isn't all that great or even worth using with this kind of hindrance.

~Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.<<

Your original post was in regard to the great maneuvering hindrance of silk. Not the stealth hindrance being equal to leather.
Just because you tried to change the original post to look better doesn't change what was originally asked.

M@c ~]X!j % %AN_rrWB5z4%p rBa =jZb*h[mp,0;pv` knIM%aJ|
WARNING: You are carrying an extremely large number of items on your person.
Having a very high number of items can cause character corruption or
Re: Cloth armor 03/09/2014 07:41 PM CDT
>>Personal attacks instead of anything helpful.

I think it's critically important to remember how horrible cloth armor used to be before 3.0, at which point it merged with leather and bone and started having functionality.

Re: Cloth armor 03/09/2014 08:48 PM CDT
>>I got my answer. It's standard across the board no matter what the weight or maneuvering hindrance.

Your question WAS about maneuvering hindrance. You just changed it about halfway through because everyone else kept giving you the correct answer that you didn't like.
Re: Cloth armor ::Thread Over:: 03/09/2014 08:56 PM CDT
This one is done.

Any further posts will be pulled.

Re: Cloth armor ::Thread Over:: 03/09/2014 09:21 PM CDT
Some posts were removed.

Re: Cloth armor ::Thread Over:: 03/11/2014 06:57 PM CDT
Some posts were removed.

Reminder, the thread has been closed. Nothing to see here, move along.

Prev_page Previous 1 2 Next Next_page