Combo didn't work? 04/05/2013 08:41 AM CDT
Not sure why this didn't grant the combo, or tactics exp.

This is in TF

Looking at the slam move, maybe I'm doing the "slam" wrong? Maybe it's buggy?

> analyze drake

You feel fully rested.

>
* Moving in like a timid schoolboy, a lava drake darts forward and slashes at you. You dodge.
[You're nimbly balanced and in dominating position.]
>
You reveal a slight weakness in a lava drake's defense.
A chance for a stun can be inflicted upon the enemy by landing a chop and a slam.
Roundtime: 1 sec.
R> chop
A shift in the breeze accompanies the arrival of an agitated lava drake.
A hot breeze carries in the unmistakable scent of sulfur.

>
You notice the lava drake attempting to stealthily advance upon you!
The lava drake is still a distance away from you and is closing steadily.
>
< Moving as one fluid extension of power, you bash a glaes sledgehammer at a lava drake. A lava drake fails to parry with its fiery claws.
The sledgehammer lands a strong hit (7/23) that painfully mashes the right arm.
[You're winded, nimbly balanced and in dominating position.]
[Roundtime 4 sec.]
R>
* With pathetic timing, a lava drake charges at you. You evade, stepping aside with ease.
[You're winded, nimbly balanced and overwhelming your opponent.]
> slam

< Moving as one fluid extension of power, you slam its fiery claws at a lava drake. A lava drake fails to block with its fiery claws.
The claws lands a hard hit (6/23) that bruises the chest with a blow to the ribcage, lightly stunning it.
[You're winded, slightly off balance and in dominating position.]
[Roundtime 4 sec.]
Re: Combo didn't work? 04/05/2013 08:43 AM CDT
>Moving as one fluid extension of power, you slam its fiery claws at a lava drake.

That seems like an odd message.

Weapons for Sale:
http://www.elanthipedia.org/wiki/User:Caraamon#Wares
Hunta Talna Kortok, built by Gor'Togs, for Gor'Togs
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/home.html
Re: Combo didn't work? 04/05/2013 09:01 AM CDT
Also, does analyze (critter) automatically analyze the particular one you are facing?
Re: Combo didn't work? 04/05/2013 09:10 AM CDT
R> chop
> Moving as one fluid extension of power, you bash a glaes sledgehammer at a lava drake.

That's also odd; you're chop turned into a bash. Chop shouldn't show up if you're holding a blunt weapon because it's a slicing attack and not an impact one. I would analyze it a second time to check that you are indeed moving through the combo.

>Also, does analyze (critter) automatically analyze the particular one you are facing?

Analyze by itself analyzes what you're facing; analyze critter should analyze the first in the room.
Re: Combo didn't work? 04/05/2013 09:17 AM CDT
I just tried analyze while facing a critter and got this:

You leap out of hiding and ambush a lava drake, completely surprising it.
< Moving with incredible power and control, you draw a glaes sledgehammer at a lava drake. A lava drake attempts to dodge, only slightly avoiding the blow.
The sledgehammer lands a solid hit (5/23) to the drake's chest.
[You're winded, nimbly balanced and in better position.]
[Roundtime 3 sec.]

R>
* As if effort and skill were a bad thing, a lava drake swipes at you. You beat off most of the flaming tail with a glaes sledgehammer.
[You're winded, nimbly balanced and in very strong position.]
R>
A shift in the breeze accompanies the arrival of an agitated lava drake.
A hot breeze carries in the unmistakable scent of sulfur.

>
You notice the lava drake attempting to stealthily advance upon you!
The lava drake is still a distance away from you and is closing steadily.
> analyze
Analyze what?
Re: Combo didn't work? 04/05/2013 09:19 AM CDT
Also, I came across chop again, and it worked.

> chop

< Moving with powerful grace, you bash a glaes sledgehammer at a lava drake. A lava drake badly fails to block with its stony hide.
The sledgehammer lands a good strike (4/23) to the drake's back.
Utilizing good tactics you outmaneuver the drake and reduce its resistance to debilitation and stuns.
[You're winded, nimbly balanced and in strong position.]
[Roundtime 4 sec.]
Re: Combo didn't work? 04/05/2013 09:21 AM CDT
And here is another slam that the messaging is weird, but the combo worked.

R> analyze drake

* Tentatively, a lava drake slices wide at you. You turn aside most of the fiery claws with a glaes mace.
[You're winded, nimbly balanced and in superior position.]
>
The drake grows fully molten, melting into the ground for a few moments before emerging a few feet away.
>
You reveal a moderate weakness in a lava drake's defense.
A chance for a stun can be inflicted upon the enemy by landing a chop, a feint, a slam and a bash.
R> chop
>
< Moving with powerful grace, you bash a glaes mace at a lava drake. A lava drake fails to block with its stony hide.
The mace lands a solid hit (5/23) that buckles the left knee for a moment with a painful frontal blow, lightly stunning it.
[You're winded, nimbly balanced and overwhelming opponent.]
[Roundtime 3 sec.]

R>
* As if fumbling muscle flab were natural, a lava drake slashes fiercely at you. You dodge, twisting easily away from the blow.
> feint

< Moving in with powerful grace, you feint a glaes mace at a lava drake. A lava drake fails to block with its stony hide.
The mace lands a good strike (4/23) that painfully mashes the right arm.
[Roundtime 1 sec.]
R> slam

< Moving with powerful grace, you slam its fiery claws at a lava drake. A lava drake badly fails to block with its fiery claws.
The claws lands a hard hit (6/23) that blasts hard into the left arm and causes purple welts to appear almost immediately, lightly stunning it.
[Roundtime 3 sec.]

R>
The drake weaves about drunkenly, its form losing coherence.
R>
* Tentatively, a lava drake swipes at you. You fend off most of the flaming tail with a glaes mace.
> bash

< Moving as one fluid extension of power, you bash a glaes mace at a lava drake. A lava drake badly fails to block with its stony hide.
The mace lands a strong hit (7/23) that snaps every bone in the right hand when the mace strikes dead-center, knocking it completely senseless.
Utilizing good tactics you outmaneuver the drake and reduce its resistance to debilitation and stuns.
[Roundtime 3 sec.]
Re: Combo didn't work? 04/05/2013 09:46 AM CDT
>You notice the lava drake attempting to stealthily advance upon you!
>The lava drake is still a distance away from you and is closing steadily.
> analyze
>Analyze what?

Odd, I think that being advanced by a stealthy critter might be messing with it because analyze by itself works for me:

>anal
Analyze what?
>face next
You turn to face a drooling wildland goblin.
>
The wildland goblin closes to pole weapon range on you!
>anal
You reveal a moderate weakness in a drooling wildland goblin's defense.
Balance reduction can be inflicted upon the enemy by landing a swing, a feint and a bash.
Re: Combo didn't work? 04/05/2013 10:07 AM CDT
>I think that being advanced by a stealthy critter might be messing with it

Tried the same in cabalists (not stealthy) same result unfortunately.

Flames wreath an arthelun cabalist as his eyes dance in rapture. An arcane whisper pierces your mind, "BURN, MORTAL!"
* With pathetic timing, an arthelun cabalist feints low at you. You block with an icesteel ceremonial shield.
[You're winded, nimbly balanced and opponent has slight advantage.]
> analyze
Analyze what?
> [cabs]: attack

< Moving as one fluid extension of power, you slice a tyrium scimitar at an arthelun cabalist. An arthelun cabalist attempts to evade, stepping partly into the blow.
The scimitar lands a hard hit (6/23) that nearly tears the entire left quadricep clean from the bone.
an arthelun cabalist tumbles to the ground amidst a flurry of flames.
[Roundtime 3 sec.]

R> analyze
Analyze what?
> [cabs]: attack

< Moving with incredible power and control, you feint a tyrium scimitar at an arthelun cabalist. An arthelun cabalist fails to dodge, only partially avoiding the impact.
The scimitar lands a solid hit (5/23) that rips into the right calf.
An arthelun cabalist's eyes flare one last time before snuffing out forever. The flames reluctantly withdraw from their host forming an ephemeral wisp that rapidly flees.
The shimmering ethereal shield fades from around a charred husk.
[You're nimbly balanced]
[Roundtime 1 sec.]

I'm thinking that sometimes it's not granting the combo because I'm not facing the critter that I've analyzed.
Re: Combo didn't work? 04/05/2013 01:27 PM CDT
>>I'm thinking that sometimes it's not granting the combo because I'm not facing the critter that I've analyzed.

This. When I'm hunting, I've found that face first <critter> helps a lot so I can be sure I'm analyzing the right one.

Player of...

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Combo didn't work? 04/06/2013 12:12 AM CDT
You're not facing the critter you're attacking. That's odd, since melee attacking usually auto-faces you to the next target. Perhaps ambushing them or their being stealth critters is interfering with the auto-face somehow.

Whenever one dies, try adding "face next" to your script or action sequence and then try analyze. Should work fine.
Re: Combo didn't work? 04/06/2013 01:03 AM CDT
<<You're not facing the critter you're attacking. That's odd, since melee attacking usually auto-faces you to the next target. Perhaps ambushing them or their being stealth critters is interfering with the auto-face somehow.

Whenever one dies, try adding "face next" to your script or action sequence and then try analyze. Should work fine.>>

I think it's a TF issue, maybe this change wasn't pushed? Not working for me either in TF, hunting non-stealthy critters and during non ambush maneuvers. Using face next, validated facing first mob via assess and analyze by itself just gives a "Analyze what?" message.