Cinder Beast weapon Damage 08/16/2010 06:58 PM CDT
Ok, so yesterday I got some things damaged from cinderbeasts, I got fixed what I could and then went back out to hunt. I figured I would check my weapons on every trip from them now that I know they still damage weapons even though it's supposed to be turned off.

This is what I got now:

>app my hammer
A dark steel throwing hammer carved with polished skulls is a heavy thrown and heavy blunt melee-ranged weapon.

You are certain that it could do:
no puncture damage
no slice damage
moderate impact damage

You are certain that the hammer is fairly balanced and is reasonably suited to gaining extra attack power from your strength.

You are certain that the throwing hammer is fairly sturdy, and is practically in mint condition.

The throwing hammer is made with metal.
You are certain that the throwing hammer weighs exactly 60 stones.
You are certain that the throwing hammer is worth exactly 3500 lirums.
Roundtime: 8 seconds.

>app my staff
A stout quarter staff is a quarter staff pole-ranged weapon.

no puncture damage
no slice damage
great impact damage

You are certain that the staff is fairly balanced and is fairly suited to gaining extra attack power from your strength.

You are certain that the quarter staff is of average strength, and is battered and practically destroyed.

You are certain that the quarter staff weighs exactly 60 stones.
You are certain that the quarter staff is worth exactly 450 lirums.

>app my spear quick
A spear is a heavy thrown and pike melee-ranged weapon.

heavy puncture damage
low slice damage
poor impact damage

You are certain that the spear is fairly balanced and is fairly suited to gaining extra attack power from your strength.

You are certain that the spear is somewhat flimsy, and is battered and practically destroyed.

You are certain that the spear weighs exactly 50 stones.
You are certain that the spear is worth exactly 300 lirums.
Roundtime: 5 seconds.

>app my mallet quick
A light war mallet with a pierced steel head is a light thrown and medium blunt melee-ranged weapon.

no puncture damage
no slice damage
moderate impact damage

You are certain that the mallet is fairly balanced and is fairly suited to gaining extra attack power from your strength.

You are certain that the war mallet is fairly sturdy, and is battered and practically destroyed.

The war mallet is made with metal.
You are certain that the war mallet weighs exactly 30 stones.
You are certain that the war mallet is worth exactly 12000 lirums.

>app my kat
A katar is a light edged melee-ranged weapon.

poor puncture damage
moderate slice damage
fair impact damage

You are certain that the katar is dismally balanced and is well suited to gaining extra attack power from your strength.

You are certain that the katar is of average strength, and is practically in mint condition.

The katar is made with metal.
You are certain that the katar weighs exactly 39 stones.
You are certain that the katar is worth exactly 600 lirums.

>app my stick quick
A long parry stick wrapped in frayed brown leather is a brawling type weapon.

You are certain that the stick is a purely defensive item.

You are certain that the stick is reasonably balanced and is poorly suited to gaining extra attack power from your strength.

You are certain that the parry stick is fairly sturdy, and is battered and practically destroyed.

The parry stick is made with metal.
You are certain that the parry stick weighs exactly 35 stones.
You are certain that the parry stick is worth exactly 2500 lirums.

Isn't that a bit rediculous? Can someone look at them? Tweak them or turn off damage until they are fixed?

Vote DR as TOP MUD: http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-cemm.html
Re: Cinder Beast weapon Damage 08/17/2010 05:57 AM CDT
Keep an eye on the ones that say practically destroyed. I've had someone tell me that the same weapon has appraised as that then went to good condition later when they appraised it again. So there may be a chance you can salvage it.

Grixlek says, "Courage is dangerous, it leads to attempts at heroics..."
Vegas asks, "What like dating?"
Grixlek says, "Nothing that dangerous I believe, but still crazy stuff."
Re: Cinder Beast weapon Damage 08/17/2010 07:51 AM CDT
Will do...

oh yeah and my khuj is practically destroyed too, forgot about that one. It was almost every single weapon I used yesterday (except the granite ones..bludgeon & flail)

Vote DR as TOP MUD: http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-cemm.html
Re: Cinder Beast weapon Damage 08/17/2010 02:02 PM CDT
Is this some sort of special ability cinder beasts have that's supposed to be turned off?

Just in case it's a misunderstanding: They haven't turned off damage for weapons (or non-shield armors) in combat. Only shields have been made invulnerable to non-special attack damage, for the time being.

Ogdaro