Bandolier doesn't hold stackable throwing knives 12/06/2009 04:21 PM CST
Can this be changed? I bought one of the old magical bandoliers just to hold my throwing blades, but...

>get blade from basket
You get some dark steel blades from inside an oval willow foraging basket which is in a secure vault.
>put blade in my bandolier
The blue bandolier was specially designed for the storage of throwing knives. Your dark steel blades is not suited for it.

Obviously there's no logical reason why this shouldn't work. They must just not be coded appropriately for the bandolier. Is there any chance of changing this please?
Re: Bandolier doesn't hold stackable throwing knives 12/06/2009 07:14 PM CST
>Obviously there's no logical reason why this shouldn't work.

Well, allowing stackable throwing blades would increase the capacity of the bandoliers by a factor of five, so logically they might not all fit. However, it would be a really nice upgrade, since most people end up using either the blades or mallets, which end up making the bandoliers somewhat useless.
Re: Bandolier doesn't hold stackable throwing knives 12/06/2009 09:37 PM CST
>Well, allowing stackable throwing blades would increase the capacity of the bandoliers by a factor of five, so logically they might not all fit. However, it would be a really nice upgrade, since most people end up using either the blades or mallets, which end up making the bandoliers somewhat useless.

Yeah, I mean, I bought it hoping I could stick 5 stacks of blades in there. I don't think that it would be overpowered, it's not like you can't just carry five stacks of blades in your backpack. And I really have no use for the bandolier if it won't hold stackable blades.
Re: Bandolier doesn't hold stackable throwing knives 12/06/2009 09:55 PM CST
>>Yeah, I mean, I bought it hoping I could stick 5 stacks of blades in there. I don't think that it would be overpowered, it's not like you can't just carry five stacks of blades in your backpack. And I really have no use for the bandolier if it won't hold stackable blades.

IIRC Bandolier's reduce or eliminate the weight of what is put in them, so doing that to 25 blades might be beyond the scope of what was intended.

TG, TG, GL, et al.
Also: Moo.
Re: Bandolier doesn't hold stackable throwing knives 12/06/2009 09:57 PM CST
I think the weight reduction thing was tested and proven to be bunk. Currently no one is quite sure what the "magical" bandoliers do except look shiny.

I would like to see bandoliers updated to hold new kinds of throwing weapons but I won't hold my breath. They are a very old item.

Rev. Reene

"When a mind does not know itself, it is flawed. When a mind is flawed, the man is flawed. When a man is flawed, that which he touches is flawed. It is said that what a flawed man sees, his hands make broken." - Dak'kon
Re: Bandolier doesn't hold stackable throwing knives 12/06/2009 10:57 PM CST
>IIRC Bandolier's reduce or eliminate the weight of what is put in them, so doing that to 25 blades might be beyond the scope of what was intended.

Well heck, in the end I don't care if it doesn't do anything special. I just want to carry my throwing blades in it. Because that would be sweet.
Re: Bandolier doesn't hold stackable throwing knives 12/15/2009 07:30 AM CST
>Well heck, in the end I don't care if it doesn't do anything special. I just want to carry my throwing blades in it. Because that would be sweet.

This. Maybe if they were changed to only reduce the weight of the first give "blades", but allow us to store up to five stacks?

I've got my bandolier vaulted because it won't work with my blades.

Of course the fact that stow wants to try to stuff my mallets into the same container is a whole 'nuther issue.

-pete
Re: Bandolier doesn't hold stackable throwing knives 12/15/2009 09:03 AM CST
>>Of course the fact that stow wants to try to stuff my mallets into the same container is a whole 'nuther issue.

Use STORE CUSTOM?

-- Player of Niieth
Re: Bandolier doesn't hold stackable throwing knives 12/15/2009 12:13 PM CST
>Use STORE CUSTOM?

Need that for crossbows, since they want to stow in the same place as my bows do and don't fit.

Because of the differences in shape and volume, I really wish xbows and stick bows had different store settings. Then I could use my custom for the mallet.

While I am wishing... I wish the hidden wrist sheaths recognized right and left wrist. So if you wear two of them, one empties into right, one empties into left.

-pete
Re: Bandolier doesn't hold stackable throwing knives 12/15/2009 12:27 PM CST
<<While I am wishing... I wish the hidden wrist sheaths recognized right and left wrist. So if you wear two of them, one empties into right, one empties into left.>>

Words cannot express how great this would be. I didn't train offhand as one of my primary weapons just for the heck of it, you know.

Something kind of verb (ADJUST?) that changes it to be worn on the right or left wrist, and causes it to use the matching hand for its scripts.

Your mind hears Barahai thinking, "First rule of Ratha is, you don't talk about Ratha"
Your mind hears Taeja thinking, "we fail at life"
Re: Bandolier doesn't hold stackable throwing knives 12/15/2009 12:32 PM CST
I guess I'll update my complaint here, since it got some more replies. A feedback GM told me that the "magic" bandoliers are not compatible with the stackable throwing blades, due to incompatible object scripts. I can live with that. But, I found a non-magic bandolier, the "supple brown leather" one, and stackable throwing knives don't work with it, either!

Can someone fix this, pretty please? I just want to carry my throwing blades in a bandolier like a badass knife-throwing warrior should.
Re: Bandolier doesn't hold stackable throwing knives 12/15/2009 01:03 PM CST
I wonder if it's possible to alter a baldric into a bandolier.

Might be worth checking in to.

Rev. Reene

Kaedan says, "Darling, I'm -fabulous-."
Re: Bandolier doesn't hold stackable throwing knives 12/15/2009 05:19 PM CST
It would be all kinds of awesome if we could get more than one custom store setting.
Re: Bandolier doesn't hold stackable throwing knives 12/15/2009 05:30 PM CST
>>It would be all kinds of awesome if we could get more than one custom store setting.

>What do you mean exactly?

NM. Answered my own question. heh.

Formerly Known As Nitish

>Alisyn edges away from you.
Re: Bandolier doesn't hold stackable throwing knives 12/18/2009 07:34 AM CST
I have a pair of black leather bandoleers.
spellings different, very plain. I will check if the blades can be held in em.