Leather armor for stealth training 03/08/2014 10:39 PM CST
I haven't played DR with any sort of regularity for like 12 years now(I think my record in that time is three months straight), but I've recently came back and am going to train up my Barbarian's stealths. He's going to be my first light armor, stealth using character past like level ten since the 1990s so I'm completely lost about all the new variants of light armor(or armors in general; my main character - when I play - since early 2000s has been a Paladin who just wears the heaviest, most protecting plate I can get my hands on).

Anyone have any suggestions as to what type of leather armor(or cloth, but I'd prefer leather) I should look for to train stealth in, as a Barbarian? Currently sitting at 85 whopping ranks of Light Armor and have about 600 plat to throw around.
Re: Leather armor for stealth training 03/09/2014 03:28 AM CDT

I have some player made Gargoyle-hide leathers that I have worn since I returned. I am not sure how much they cost because a very nice person made them and gave them to me. My highest weapon is around 370 and my stealth is at 413. I havew always been able to hide at level on most criters and those that gave me trouble Form Panther made it possible. I know there are leathers out there in the 1000 plat range that are better but it is not necessary to spend that much until you have so much money you don't know what to do with it.
Re: Leather armor for stealth training 03/09/2014 08:03 AM CDT
At low levels (Is the 65 ranks at-level?) I'd recommend just picking up some cheap cloth armor, and once you break over the 200 rank mark, start looking around for the armor you're going to use for the rest of the characters life, probably something more hindering but more protecting, and/or a mix of chain and light armor.

Barbs only get 1 stealth booster (panther) so it can be more important to focus on having low stealth hinderance, and then use barb abilities to increase damage resistance (berserk, tenacity, etc.).

In my mind, whether you choose cloth or leather is determine by the point of the character. Are you expecting to use stealth for awesome? Or just train it and keep it moving? If the former, probably pure cloth. If the latter, probably go leather/chain mixed.

And remember, every character can forage and throw dirt to give a perception debuff to enemies.
Re: Leather armor for stealth training 03/09/2014 11:57 AM CDT
I'd recommend taking your armor off, any armor, to train stealth, if you can do it without dying.
Re: Leather armor for stealth training 03/09/2014 01:30 PM CDT
I haven't played DR with any sort of regularity for like 12 years now(I think my record in that time is three months straight), but I've recently came back and am going to train up my Barbarian's stealths. He's going to be my first light armor, stealth using character past like level ten since the 1990s so I'm completely lost about all the new variants of light armor(or armors in general; my main character - when I play - since early 2000s has been a Paladin who just wears the heaviest, most protecting plate I can get my hands on).

Anyone have any suggestions as to what type of leather armor(or cloth, but I'd prefer leather) I should look for to train stealth in, as a Barbarian? Currently sitting at 85 whopping ranks of Light Armor and have about 600 plat to throw around.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

When it comes to stealth there is no difference between cloth, leather and bone. It could be crossing store bought or 10,000 plat whatever. The stealth hindrance will be the same. Personally my character get's no bonus (armor tert) so as a barb you MAY be able too get leather down lower. I don't know. Let me know if you can because I have something similar in the complaint file about cloth armor.

~Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Re: Leather armor for stealth training 03/09/2014 04:45 PM CDT
As you said, for stealth it doesnt matter what you wear for light armor, so pick based on maneuvering hindrance or just prefrence.

If it were me I would look for either caracal leathers (3 density) for leathers or Ruezen Wool Cloth (2.5-3.5 desnity from fine to heavy). Ruezen Wool is considered rare cloth but there's a ton of it out there so you should be able to get it fairly cheap.

Codiax.
Vote: http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html