Guild Fest Cloak Recipe 06/16/2013 08:59 AM CDT
If the owner of the super tough cloak recipe ever makes a cloak from it, could they post it here.

---
"I think anything that forces you to do something no sane adventurer would do just in order to train is ridiculous."
DR-SOCHARIS

---
Victory Over Lyras, on the 397th year and 156 days since the Victory of Lanival the Redeemer.
Re: Guild Fest Cloak Recipe 06/16/2013 10:06 AM CDT
Just wanted to say... the cloak recipe is akin to the Sterak Axe. It is better than a typical template, though you'll need rare materials to see the full potential.

I made it in response to several people asking for cloak armor templates that allow more unique piecemeal armor configurations. You can pair it with a breastplate, fauld and pants, for example. These cloaks also have some verbs that make them fun to play with.

Let me know what you think!

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
Re: Guild Fest Cloak Recipe 06/16/2013 01:12 PM CDT
I'm glad you made it, I'm just not much of a cloak as armor person, I like my cloak of weather protection (it's more a verby, RP, visual deal).

Also, glad to hear it has some things to play around with.

---
"I think anything that forces you to do something no sane adventurer would do just in order to train is ridiculous."
DR-SOCHARIS

---
Victory Over Lyras, on the 397th year and 156 days since the Victory of Lanival the Redeemer.
Re: Guild Fest Cloak Recipe 06/16/2013 06:45 PM CDT

Kodius, I think that pattern is awesome. Could see start seeing some things like the hawkbill and sterak axe patters in the armor department down the road when you find time in your clearly empty and unoccupied schedule?
Re: Guild Fest Cloak Recipe 06/16/2013 07:38 PM CDT
Do cloaks actually work for making piecemeal armor sets? I remember trying to make a piecemeal armor set for someone intending to use a cloak from Tembeg's Armory (covers back + arms), and they had a bunch of problems wearing the entire piecemeal armor set.

I think it was something like between the cloak, and HP breastplate (chest only) and LP tasset (abdomen only), they could only wear 2 of the 3. I'm extremely fuzzy on remembering the details, just that we worked at it for a while and couldn't a way to wear the entire armor set

Apu
_
Respect. Integrity. World Domination.
https://sites.google.com/site/apucorpdr/
Re: Guild Fest Cloak Recipe 06/17/2013 11:19 AM CDT
Hmm, cloaks should take a back slot, so as to not interfere with the "chest/body" pieces. I do a similar thing for the mantle and backplate template and have not heard complaints. Let me know if something seems odd. It usually means I typo'd something.

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
Re: Guild Fest Cloak Recipe 06/17/2013 11:42 PM CDT
>Hmm, cloaks should take a back slot, so as to not interfere with the "chest/body" pieces. I do a similar thing for the mantle and backplate template and have not heard complaints. Let me know if something seems odd. It usually means I typo'd something.

Can't speak for others, but I was referring to this type in my original post - http://elanthipedia.org/w/index.php/Armor:Hooded_cloak - Still greatly appreciated though! I look forward to seeing what kind of apps the tailored cloak has, if any go on public sale.

(It'd been semi-wasted on me anyways, I can't find rare fabric to save my life and I wouldn't waste a pattern use on normal fabric...)