Current set up:

Battle Empath wearing tanned leather coat with chain accessories

All of your armor:

some lumium mail greaves
some lumium mail gloves
a gargoyle-hide targe with a reinforced design
a coarse shalswar-hide coat with a reinforced design
a lumium mail balaclava

Combats and stealth around 140, but having a tough time hiding on bawdy swains.

Considering switching to leather cowl, gloves, and full leathers and wondering if this would improve my chances at hiding successfully. If so, what would be the best leathers to buy, how much would they cost, and if it came to a choice between more protection or more stealth, I'd choose stealth since I can heal myself anyway.

Suggestions anyone?

"EMPATHS RULE ELANTHIA -- ALL SHALL LOVE US AND DESPAAAAAIR" ~GM Melete
Re: Best Leather Armor? 04/26/2013 10:35 PM CDT
I use chain on the torse and bone on the limbs and I use RM and sometimes shadows to boost the stealth. If you're an empath, you could probably get away with invoking shadows runes more often because it would be less of a hassel to get your arms back.

Other suggestion: hit the leather pieces with a cleaning cloth; those names don't need to be that long.
Re: Best Leather Armor? 04/26/2013 10:50 PM CDT
The chain helm and feet are a pretty big hit to your stealth. I'd replace one of those (probably feet) with leather.

Shadows runes have a pretty immodest prep, so you'll flat-out backfire if your Sorcery isn't too high. You might need a moonie to cast on your or get a Shadows scroll instead to cast at a lower prep than the runestones. Also keep Tranquility up if you haven't, the +discipline should help with hiding a bit.
Re: Best Leather Armor? 04/27/2013 08:07 PM CDT
Thanks for the responses.

I'm confused about the cleaning cloth thing. I suppose I'll do a search on elanthipedia regarding cleaning cloths and armor.

I don't train Sorcery, so I'll have to make adjustments to my armor set up to reduce hindrance.

"EMPATHS RULE ELANTHIA -- ALL SHALL LOVE US AND DESPAAAAAIR" ~GM Melete
Re: Best Leather Armor? 04/28/2013 08:07 AM CDT
>>I'm confused about the cleaning cloth thing. I suppose I'll do a search on elanthipedia regarding cleaning cloths and armor.

You can buy cleaning cloths in the Societies, and they allow you to change the appearance of crafted items. So you can rub them to show all the modifications like your leather or all the way down to this: some ring gloves, and everything in between. Once Artistry is out it will provide us with more to cycle through.