chest armor 03/26/2010 07:35 PM CDT
Now there has gotta be some armor somewhere that just covers the chest. Anyone know what kind and where I can find it? I have my eye on a nice looking cloak, but I really don't want to hunt without my chest being covered.
Re: chest armor 03/26/2010 07:42 PM CDT
>Now there has gotta be some armor somewhere that just covers the chest. Anyone know what kind and where I can find it? I have my eye on a nice looking cloak, but I really don't want to hunt without my chest being covered.

Sorry, you're out of luck. No chest-only armor.

>describe boar
It's a boar. It doesn't like you.
Re: chest armor 03/26/2010 08:02 PM CDT
Oh well, guess I will keep looking around. Maybe something else will catch my eye that I like. Thanks for the quick reply though!
Re: chest armor 03/26/2010 08:30 PM CDT
lol, so cruel.

I can't speak to chest armor, but I am pretty sure you can tan a leather breastplate or brigadine. They are chest/abdomen/back only.
Re: chest armor 03/26/2010 08:37 PM CDT
Yes, but the cloak that I was looking at is also armor, which covers the back. I could be wrong but I don't think you can wear two armors that cover the same area. And as you stated, the breastplate also covers the back.
Re: chest armor 03/26/2010 08:43 PM CDT
my bad, that is what i get for not reading properly.

yeah, can't wear armor on the same place twice.
Re: chest armor 03/28/2010 07:43 AM CDT
>yeah, can't wear armor on the same place twice.

Which is a shame because layered armor was actually done with plate.

Too bad cloth doesn't work like brawling toys when layered with other armor and offer an increase in protection.

-pete
Re: chest armor 03/28/2010 08:21 AM CDT
>>Too bad cloth doesn't work like brawling toys when layered with other armor and offer an increase in protection.

I'd have wished I trained cloth. It would be nice to see something like that for it though.

Vashir: one day I will devise a weapon fueled by the tears of warrior mages
Vashir: it'll be unstoppable
Re: chest armor 03/28/2010 11:06 AM CDT
>Which is a shame because layered armor was actually done with plate.

In DR, the layering is supposed to be built in already.

>describe boar
It's a boar. It doesn't like you.
Re: chest armor 03/28/2010 06:03 PM CDT
>>In DR, the layering is supposed to be built in already.

This.

Plate armor doesn't come without some sort of protection underneath it; the cloth or leather jerkin (usually braided leather) beneath is considered part of the overall armor piece. Learning how to maneuver in this set-up would all represented by plate ranks, not by allowing stacking of armor.

Right now the Moon Mage place on the "combat pet totem pole" is the part that's sunk into the earth to lower the pole's center of gravity.
-Armifer de Dragonrealms