Cloth bug? 03/10/2010 12:06 PM CST
I just don't get this, any explanation? Isnt insig hindering less than minimal?

>inv armor
All of your armor:

a dark indigo robe
a dusky-grey cloth hood with silver studding
a pair of dusky-grey cloth gloves with silver buckles on the wrists
a pair of dusky-grey thick cloth pants cut to fit around a boot
[Type INVENTORY HELP for more options]
>app my robe careful
The dark indigo robe is cloth.

The robe looks like it offers protection for the following areas:

right arm
left arm
chest
abdomen
back

You feel confident that a dark indigo robe appears to impose light maneuvering hindrance and insignificant stealth hindrance, offering:
moderate protection and low damage absorption for puncture attacks.
low protection and poor damage absorption for slice attacks.
great protection and high damage absorption for impact attacks.
low protection and poor damage absorption for fire attacks.
high protection and good damage absorption for cold attacks.
good protection and fair damage absorption for electrical attacks.

If you were only wearing a dark indigo robe your maneuvering would be insignificantly hindered and your stealth would be minimally hindered.
But considering all the armor and shields you are wearing or carrying, you are currently minimally hindered and your stealth is insignificantly hindered.

I dunno if its a bug, but why would my stealth hinderence go down with the addition of the other armor (hood, gloves, pants)?
Re: Cloth bug? 03/10/2010 12:16 PM CST
Minimal is at the bottom, then comes insig

Re: Cloth bug? 03/10/2010 12:48 PM CST
so my regular hinderence is going down with extra armor?
Re: Cloth bug? 03/10/2010 01:20 PM CST
I thought the first line showed what the robe is without your armor ranks. The line with all your armor showed them all added up (plus mix penalties) while factoring in your ranks decreasing the hindrance.

-Kurako
Re: Cloth bug? 03/10/2010 01:35 PM CST
>>I thought the first line showed what the robe is without your armor ranks. The line with all your armor showed them all added up (plus mix penalties) while factoring in your ranks decreasing the hindrance.

That's the line before the protection and absorption stats are listed.

Either way there is an issue with one of them seemingly going down with more armor.
Re: Cloth bug? 03/10/2010 07:29 PM CST
If you were only wearing a dark indigo robe your maneuvering would be insignificantly hindered and your stealth would be minimally hindered.
But considering all the armor and shields you are wearing or carrying, you are currently minimally hindered and your stealth is insignificantly hindered.

That's the buggy part, definitely.
Re: Cloth bug? 03/10/2010 07:29 PM CST
Minimal is definitely less than insignificant. It looks like an armor hinderance bug.
Re: Cloth bug? 03/10/2010 07:30 PM CST
Beat me by a second.
Re: Cloth bug? 03/12/2010 12:02 AM CST
Not sure if it will make a difference but because I'm curious I'll suggest it. Try "sort auto headtotoe" and appraise your robe again.
Re: Cloth bug? 03/12/2010 08:45 AM CST
Still came up with the same thing.
Re: Cloth bug? 03/12/2010 08:46 AM CST
Anyone else thats got a full cloth setup and over 50 ranks get the same thing?
Re: Cloth bug? 03/12/2010 02:35 PM CST
All of your armor:

a storm grey cap
a turquoise aventail
an iridescent red vest
some brilliant green sleeves
some lemon yellow gloves
some sparkling white pants

If you were only wearing an iridescent red vest your maneuvering would be insignificantly hindered and your stealth would be minimally hindered.
But considering all the armor and shields you are wearing or carrying, you are currently minimally hindered and your stealth is minimally hindered.

Yamcer

"You know, while I understand the importance of seeing the (personal) validity in other's arguments, it's impossible for me to believe fully that others are correct. If their argument was correct, I'd change mine." - My GF
Re: Cloth bug? 03/12/2010 07:09 PM CST
I guess the real question is, is it a messaging bug, or an actual bug with the hinderance calcs?
Re: Cloth bug? 03/13/2010 08:39 AM CST
My cloth robe appraises at minimal/minimal (at around 100 ranks of Cloth, Bard guild). I don't have a full cloth set up, but clearly that can't go down.

I assume our robes are identical, as all cloth armor is. What are your ranks/guild? I ask because if you should be where I'm at (minimal/minimal), it may be an even stranger bug. Or it may indicate that it's guild related.

You may want to assist and have the item looked at in game to determine if it's just a messaging bug or a real hindrance bug.

-- Player of Niieth
Re: Cloth bug? 03/13/2010 01:20 PM CST
Minimum armor hinderance varies by guild, so that is probably useful information to post.
Re: Cloth bug? 03/15/2010 08:47 AM CDT
Thief, with 64 ranks so far. Ill keep an eye as I go, won't take me long to hit 100 I'll see if anything changes then.